• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Your Texas Rangers at the Seattle Mariners 4/25 - 4/27

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree-made a statement at the end of the Oakland series that this team reminds me a little of the 2010 Giants. Different players making contributions at opportune times.

Pretty similar to some of the good teams the cardinals put together. A team that relies heavily on home runs is prone to going cold at the wrong time and being almost entirely unable to score (read 2010 WS rangers). While we're getting contributions from everyone, we're not getting unsustainable levels of production from anyone but maybe kouzmanoff who was simply stepping in for Beltre at the time. When Fielder and Beltre really get in a groove, and we get our remaining walking injured back this team should be tough to beat.

WastinSomeTime

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty similar to some of the good teams the cardinals put together. A team that relies heavily on home runs is prone to going cold at the wrong time and being almost entirely unable to score (read 2010 WS rangers). While we're getting contributions from everyone, we're not getting unsustainable levels of production from anyone but maybe kouzmanoff who was simply stepping in for Beltre at the time. When Fielder and Beltre really get in a groove, and we get our remaining walking injured back this team should be tough to beat.

I can see what you are saying with the Cardinals comparison as well especially when we have a full team. In fact our starting pitching may be better than theirs because they relied on Carpenter so much in the post season. And your right that if our team ever gets healthy then look out.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd say Josh Wilson's level of production is pretty unsustainable

His slugging and walk rate are probably right in line, but that AVG and OBP are bound to regress substantially at some point due to he has a .342 BABIP

Hopefully him and Murphy can provide just enough moments to get us back to a healthy Profar

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see what you are saying with the Cardinals comparison as well especially when we have a full team. In fact our starting pitching may be better than theirs because they relied on Carpenter so much in the post season. And your right that if our team ever gets healthy then look out.

I agree. When healthy, this is IMO the best rotation in baseball. That's what gets you through the post season. Now I feel like a jackass for talking about the postseason in April, but I see the potential of this team. It is built for sustained production and we have more depth than we've ever had. I didn't understand why people were bitching about JD not building enough depth. Look at our pitching depth, and we're getting better pitchers back.

Darvish: Top 3 pitcher in baseball
Perez: Looking like a 1 1/2. Probably the #1 on a lot of teams
Harrison: I know we haven't seen him pitch in a year, but we know what he's capable of and look what he did in his last start.
Lewis: He's a bull dog. That simple. I think he's still tinkering with some things.
Ross: Going to have some learning moments, but he's an outstanding #5.

Depth: Any one of these guys could step into the rotation and give us quality innings at any time.
Martinez
Tepesch
Baker

Holland is on his way and I believe he'll be ready to rock around the all star break based on what I know about his surgery and the reports that have been coming out on him. You guys know I'm not overly optimistic when it comes to pitchers returning based on my thoughts on last year's pitchers. I was dead on with all of them and I've been dead on with Colby and Harry so far.

As for position players, aside from catcher the depth has been incredible with adduci, choice, kouzmanoff, Murphy and Wilson. Even chirinos has done a nice job. Only jpa has been a constant black hole. I just feel like this team will only get better the longer the season goes and if we can sustain this production now, we'll be in prime position to be playing our best baseball down the stretch.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Josh Wilson's level of production is pretty unsustainable

His slugging and walk rate are probably right in line, but that AVG and OBP are bound to regress substantially at some point due to he has a .342 BABIP

Hopefully him and Murphy can provide just enough moments to get us back to a healthy Profar

That I agree with.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby is on the verge of putting it together, I think he'll be giving a consistent 6 innings soon and from the 4 spot, I'll take that

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colby is on the verge of putting it together, I think he'll be giving a consistent 6 innings soon and from the 4 spot, I'll take that

I agree.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on Mat!

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Final line for Chi Chi Gonzalez: 6.2 IP, 4 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K, 97 pitches, 67 strikes for MB

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rangers have 0 HR's from the 3 hole this year. Yep 0

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looked good Harry. Keep it up.

darrylgann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep that up, Mat. 26 more of those! ;)

BLeslie59Rangers

I hate the Angels...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros pitcher McHugh (???) has a one hitter thru 7 against the A's...

Yeh, I know, just jinxed him...

terpsfball09

Crabcakes and ACL tears
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does anyone have the homerun rankings for each team? we GOTTA be in the bottom 5 lol