• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your teams biggest questions for 2014?

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In no particular order

1) quarterback. We still don't know who our starting quarterback is. I see a battle next spring between Thompson and knight. Both are talented, but the uncertainty bothers me.

2) Center: We lose our senior who's been a rock for four years.

3) Offensive line: losing some guys here.

4) Wide receiver.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. QB- Didn't know who the QB would be week 1, didn't know who it would be before the last game. We should have 5 heading into fall camp competing for the starting spot.

2. Defensive line- Graduated 2 cornerstone linemen, thin position but those returning have had decent PT. If the DL is sound the defense could finally come of age after 2 years of being non existent then just bad.

3. Offensive line- barring an early departure from our JR guard we will have 4 new starters, HUGE question mark.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We've got all 11 starters coming back on offense so it really comes down to:

1. Who is going to replace Dee Ford DE and Nosa Equae DL.
2. Who is going to replace our kickers.
3. Secondary should be better than last year so not overly worried there.
4. We will have some experience at LB which will be huge finally.
5. Can Nick Marshall improve his passing having an actual spring to work in the system.

We have signed the # 1 JUCO WR, # 1 JUCO Center, #1 JUCO Safety so we some have mature and experienced players to fill several holes. Right now I think Auburn will actually have more talent on the field next year with these additions plus the return of several early injuries then we did this year.

The big question is can they handle being the hunted instead of the hunter mentality and keep their focus after this years success. Honestly I think they will be struggle a bit with the above as Alabama did 2010.

I've noticed Auburn signed a lot of juco players last year and are doing it again this year. Not a good strategy! Before you know it you are like a probation hit team especially if some don't pan out. Dangerous way to build a program!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is everybodys teams biggest question mark for 2014?

For bama it is 3 things for me.

1. Who will be our QB? Im not real worried about this cause last two times we have had a new qb we won a Natty.
2. Can someone step up as a lockdown CB? We didnt have one this year.
3. Who can replace CJ Mosely as defensive leader?

:agree:

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas:
1. ummmmm coach?
2. QB: Can Ash come back? Swoopes looks horrid, but will new coach use honeymoon period to develop him?
3. Assuming new coordinators: what will the identity of the defense and offense look like?

My question: will Akina stay. I think it would be dumb to get rid of him.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As of today, I guess we need to add:

Will the new USC head coach be responsible for us getting a bowl ban.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will we ever beat Navy again?

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. QB - Evidently there is talk of Braxton leaving early, so this is far and away #1. JT Barrett could end up getting the starts, as it sounds like the coaches love him.
2. OL - Losing 4/5 starters on the line in 2014 gives me heartburn, especially with Carlos Hyde leaving and Braxton possibly leaving.
3. Defensive backfield - Lots of experience will be gone, so the young underclassmen blue-chippers will need to step up big-time.

I've said before and I'll say again, 2014 is not going to be our big year. I could see 10-2 easily.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. QB- Didn't know who the QB would be week 1, didn't know who it would be before the last game. We should have 5 heading into fall camp competing for the starting spot.

2. Defensive line- Graduated 2 cornerstone linemen, thin position but those returning have had decent PT. If the DL is sound the defense could finally come of age after 2 years of being non existent then just bad.

3. Offensive line- barring an early departure from our JR guard we will have 4 new starters, HUGE question mark.
-
Funny, but I never understood Gabbard. I never impressed me as much as his press clippings.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will our next QB, Anthony Jennings, be a star or a flop (looked great on the final 90+ yard drive in the Arky game—really mobile and threw tight, accurate spirals

Who will step up at WR? we will have big shoes to fill

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For SU...Key players lost will be a 3 year starting center (Mackey MacPerson) and MLB (Marquis Spruil). SU finishing 6-6/4-4 this year should be a touch better in the 14 season. Better than going the other way.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will we finally get rid of Josh Heupel and hire a legitimate offensive coordinator who knows how to work with the talent he has rather than the system he wishes his talent could run? Seriously. Heupel is worth 1-2 losses every year just by himself.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State

1. Who is leaving early?
2. Will the offense continue to progress or will it fall flat?
3. Did we find anymore low rated recruits to step up huge?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, the big question is who leaves early?

Yes it is. Benjamin, freeman, Wilder, Williams, Jernigan, Erving, O'Leary. All could leave. I think most will stay besides Jernigan, but you never know.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will we finally get rid of Josh Heupel and hire a legitimate offensive coordinator who knows how to work with the talent he has rather than the system he wishes his talent could run? Seriously. Heupel is worth 1-2 losses every year just by himself.

That was pretty evident against Texas and Baylor.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was pretty evident against Texas and Baylor.

And it will keep happening every year until Heupel is gone. He's a horrible OC. He's better as a recruiter and he's fantastic as a quarterback coach. However, Stoops is too stubborn and Heupel has too much ego for OU to get his ass back to the sideline so he's face-to-face with the QB's again. Look at Landry Jones and you could see his significantly worse play after Heupel wasn't there on the sidelines with him to calm him down, correct mistakes, etc. Talking with someone over headsets and being 12" in front of them makes a HUGE difference. Our only hope is somebody else hires him as their head coach. Until then, OU is going to shit a couple of losses every year when the play calling goes haywire.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is. Benjamin, freeman, Wilder, Williams, Jernigan, Erving, O'Leary. All could leave. I think most will stay besides Jernigan, but you never know.

I had forgot that Williams and Wilder could both leave. I don't think they will. I agree that Jernigan will leave. He's picked to go to high in the draft not to.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. How will Sumlin's offense fit around Kenny Hill or Kyle Allen in case Johnny doesn't come back.

2. Offensive line issues (you may lose 3 linemen to the NFL)

3.Defense

1. Johnny? He gone. Kenny Hill ran the same type of offense at Southlake Carrol and Kyle Allen the #1 QB recruit but unless he really impresses Sumlin over the summer then he might get the red shirt.

2. Offensive Line? Matthews is gone and we are bringing in two JUCO transfers for bookends. One is 6-6 300 lbs and the other is 6-5 315 lbs. Plus a few good fish. Sherm left the OL pretty deep.

3. Defense? Me likey. 2-deep fish all year and the biggest problem wasn't depth but it was experience. They improved quite a bit and started off pretty well against LSU and Mizzou. Problem was with McKinney calling plays on the offense the defense had about 90 seconds to catch their breath before they went back out on the field. McKinney stepping down and handing the play calling over to Spivital.

3a. Defense? One of the biggest weakness was the lack of a good pass rusher on the outside...Meet incoming freshman DE Myles Garrett. 5 star from Arlington. This dude is a beast! And checking out the class of 2014 I noticed that more than half of these recruits are DE, DT, LB and OL. Future is bright.