• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Take. 2011 Season End

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG this might be the GGGAAAAAYYYEST POST OF ALL TIME. Totally fucking gay. Gayer than Zooky and wolvie combined. GAY GAY GAY GAY
thats-a-lot-of-gay-thats-alot-of-gay-36019072.png

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are lamer excuses. Like the players were checking their draft grades, didn’t want to be there, hurry up offenses are dangerous, the regular season conference schedule was to tough on them and only having a month off is unfair.

Agreed. I still wonder why their emotional distress only affected their defensive players though. They must have been closer to the Girl's Basketball Coach.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was without a doubt the dumbest thing I have ever seen in college football. Maybe the dumbest thing I’ve ever seen in my life. So dumb that I never watched it. It takes a lot to make me not watch college football.(getting a blow job or a fucking rematch when LSU already beat them would do it) Hell I’ll watch Akron vs UTEP but I wasn’t watching that stupid shit ever. I mean seriously if LSU would have won the second game would a bunch of fucking fags from Alabama be screaming “BEST OUT OF 5!!! BEST OUT OF 5??”

If you don’t think that shit was GAAAAYYYY then you’re probably gay.

IKMXExz.gif

Locke888

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll....

The #1 team in the land Gay tech, plays the worst team in the nation State U. In a sloppy game State U wins -9-6. Tons of mistakes by Gay tech, fumbles, interceptions, penalties, moaning bitching excuses etc..... Who wins the game?
Is it A. Gay tech because they should have won
B. State U because 9-6

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I still wonder why their emotional distress only affected their defensive players though. They must have been closer to the Girl's Basketball Coach.
Just curious, were you effected at all by 9/11 or do you just whatever, I didn’t know em, so fuck em?

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feel free to show a single instance where a 1-loss non champ was taken over a 1-loss conference champ.
Feel free to show another instance of a non-champion getting in over the conference champion who beat them head to head.

The current playoff system came about, in large part, as a reaction to the 2011 BCSCG, and we all heard the wailing and gnashing of teeth that a team that didn’t even win it’s division, much less it’s conference, should never get to play for the championship. Those things apparently weren’t so important any more when Ohio State was in danger of being left out, so they put them in instead of the team that beat them head to head, and won their division and conference. That’s when they opened Pandora’s Box, the first couple of years it was the top 4 conference champions, and I was sure that the committee wasn’t going to be so hypocritical so soon and ignore objective results like who won head to head and who played for and won the conference championship in favor of the eye test. After that, it was an easy step to put in two teams from the same conference, at least that time there was no head to head and the team that actually won the conference didn’t get left out in favor of one that didn’t. And I didn’t agree that Alabama should have gotten in either, but they set the precedent the year before.

I think it’s better for college football to have 4 different conferences in the playoff, and the simplest and fairest way is to the put in the 4 top rated conference champions. That way at least, the only quibbling is over who are the top 4 rated conference champions, the conference champions are a matter of record.

Last edited:

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, were you effected at all by 9/11 or do you just whatever, I didn’t know em, so fuck em?

If I was playing a football game on the evening of Sept 11, where I was 10-0 and ranked #2 and I was up by 17 in the 3rd quarter, I think I would figure out a way not to choke a win away.

It certainly didn't seem to have much of an affect on Weeden, he threw for 476, a number he only surpassed once that season...I guess he didn't know them very well.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poll....

The #1 team in the land Gay tech, plays the worst team in the nation State U. In a sloppy game State U wins -9-6. Tons of mistakes by Gay tech, fumbles, interceptions, penalties, moaning bitching excuses etc..... Who wins the game?
Is it A. Gay tech because they should have won
B. State U because 9-6

You are really fixated on the gay thing...you should probably come out of the closet already, I think the fumes in there are getting to you.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I was playing a football game on the evening of Sept 11, where I was 10-0 and ranked #2 and I was up by 17 in the 3rd quarter, I think I would figure out a way not to choke a win away.

It certainly didn't seem to have much of an affect on Weeden, he threw for 476, a number he only surpassed once that season...I guess he didn't know them very well.
I didn’t realize that football was a hive mind where everyone shares one mind and have no individuality. There is absolutely NO CHANCE that one or two players got distracted and missed an assignment and then it just snowballed from there. But obviously you are a perfect human being who has never once been effected by anything and never lost anyone in your life.

Gohogs14

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah yes, the year that we finished #5 in the country and 3rd in our division :doh:

I say that like it's a bad thing but I would kill to be back like that again.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn’t realize that football was a hive mind where everyone shares one mind and have no individuality. There is absolutely NO CHANCE that one or two players got distracted and missed an assignment and then it just snowballed from there. But obviously you are a perfect human being who has never once been effected by anything and never lost anyone in your life.

Losing to a 6-7 team...whose 6 wins include a win over you, and 4 more wins by a total of 13 points, including a 3 point win over 2-10 Kansas and a 1 point win over FCS Northern Iowa, takes more than a couple of guys missing an assignment...particularly when you have a 17 point lead in the 2nd half with one of the most potent offenses in the country.

No difference to me than Ohio State getting throat punched by Iowa a few year's back...not recoverable.

Boise4Life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was a good season for my team. Finished #6, fourth season in a row with a top 10 finish, also the fifth time in six seasons finishing in the top 10. The good ole days. Now we pretty much annually finish in the high teens or low 20s.

Mistaken4193

REGISTERED GUMP!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 142.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That Alabama defense was the first in 40 years to lead the country in Pass Defense, Rush Defense, Total Defense, and Scoring Defense.

Allowed 180ypg and only 8ppg. Defense didn’t allow more than 14 to anyone. Georgia Southern is the only team that scored more than 14 and that was because of a kick return. Greatest defense possibly ever.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, I think how that came went down entered into the conversation. We outgained them by 30%, and missed more field goals than LSU made in a game decided by 3 field goals to 2. Had LSU dominated us, the rematch would have never happened.
It can be rationalized in many ways. And I already stated that those were the two best teams that year. No doubt about it. But losing that game did not matter in regards to getting to the NCG so NOT EVERY game matters like the purist claim they do.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe that would be 4d.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State blew a multi score second half lead to an Iowa State team that wouldn’t have made a bowl had it not been for that win. Bama lost in OT by 3 points to the unanimous number 1 team in the country. Slam dunk easy choice. Anyone that says otherwise is just a crybaby, flailing anti SEC pussy, so their opinion doesn’t matter

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State blew a multi score second half lead to an Iowa State team that wouldn’t have made a bowl had it not been for that win. Bama lost in OT by 3 points to the unanimous number 1 team in the country. Slam dunk easy choice. Anyone that says otherwise is just a crybaby, flailing anti SEC pussy, so their opinion doesn’t matter
The team SEC is strong with this one.

So 2006 should have been Michigan vs Ohio State because it was a 3 point loss in over time to the unanimous #1 team?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team SEC is strong with this one.

So 2006 should have been Michigan vs Ohio State because it was a 3 point loss in over time to the unanimous #1 team?

That UM/tOSU game did not go to OT. UM scored late to cut it from 42-31 to 42-39.