• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your Take. 2011 Season End

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best two teams played AND Oklahoma State had the best resume.

This is probably most correct. I wasn't here then and I know with @4down20 part of Bama's claim was our margin of victory in key games. But it was conference champ vs someone who didn't win their division, home loss in primetime vs road loss on a Friday (never bet a road favorite in that scenario), and it was a loss with an asterisk. Our players had to deal with the loss of people they knew that day, and we missed a chip shot field goal (that looked good to me) that would have kept the game from going to overtime. That being said, we had a 17 point lead in the 3rd quarter so it shouldn't have came down to that.

One crap thing about it, on their school calendar the next year they had a big picture of their fans storming the field after the game. My office is next to the intern room and 90% of our interns come from Iowa State. I had to walk past that son of a bitch for a year straight.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to think of a way this could happen but its prettt tough unless you start predicting huge upsets

Yeah, this is not the year. Upsets will happen, but there is no perfect storm that would let that happen.

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OkState shat the bed and was deservedly left out.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was trying to think of a way this could happen but its prettt tough unless you start predicting huge upsets

Florida and Bama finish 12-1
LSU finishes 11-1
Ohio State gets upset by Michigan/B1GW champion.

1. Florida
2. Clemson
3. Alabama
4. LSU

Committee still probably takes a 12-1 OSU though.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated it.

And it was an awful game too. Bama just dominated defensively. Don't get me wrong, I love strong defensive performances... coming from my team lol (which never happens any more), but as a fan of neither, I would have rather seen a shootout. If I remember correctly, LSU didn't even cross midfield until the 4th quarter and only did so once or twice.

It was also the lowest rated championship game if I remember correctly as well. No one outside of the SEC really wanted to see it again.

With all of that said, I am a believer of losing early is better than losing late. Edge Bama over Okie St. Granted only a couple weeks.

It also matters who you lose to. Edge Bama over Okie St.

It is just an unfortunate circumstance and I honestly don't think Okie St would have faired better. I do think that Okie St would have scored on Bama though lol. LSUs offense, from what I remember was pretty bad. But Bama did have a stellar defense, something that Okie St lacked.

A Bama/Okie St championship game would have faired something like 45-24 in my opinion. And I might be giving Okie St a little too much credit here, but I feel like they had a solid offense (again basing off of what I can remember).

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HOLD THE PRESSES. Colley Matrix does it again. #OKieFacts

Okie St champions.png

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one because Bama was the better team, but Oklahoma State was more deserving, at least IMO. In that regard I like to go with who's more deserving.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a tough one because Bama was the better team, but Oklahoma State was more deserving, at least IMO. In that regard I like to go with who's more deserving.

Yeah it is difficult in these circumstances. Bama has the better loss and they lost earlier which gave them more time to climb back up and look better. Plus everyone in front of them lost (Arkansas, Stanford, Okie St) after the first LSU/Bama game.

Deserving is a tough one. Bama didn't win their division and thus didn't win their conference. Okie St didn't have a CCG, but won the conference. Outside of playing #1 LSU, Bama played #12, #14, and #23... Okie St played #17, #22, #8. Slight edge to Okie state.... except that Bama lost to #1 and Okie St lost to a then 6-4 Iowa St team.

fredmccallyRTR

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama or LSU would've beat Oklahoma State. If the goal was to reward the best team then Alabama was the best team. 2011 was fun regardless.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oklahoma State would have crushed either of those teams.

The End

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida and Bama finish 12-1
LSU finishes 11-1
Ohio State gets upset by Michigan/B1GW champion.

1. Florida
2. Clemson
3. Alabama
4. LSU

Committee still probably takes a 12-1 OSU though.
Yeah i think OSU and PSU would both need to lose twice then have the West champ have 2 losses and OU, Oregon , Baylor and Utah all need 2 as well. Basically youd need Minnesota to beat PSU then lose to Iowa and Wisky , OSU to beat PSU but lose to Michigan then the West team to beat OSU. Wash to beat Utah then Utah beats Oregon. Baylor to lose to Texas and OU, OU lose to ISU. Then have all that stuff you said happen too lol

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated it.

And it was an awful game too. Bama just dominated defensively. Don't get me wrong, I love strong defensive performances... coming from my team lol (which never happens any more), but as a fan of neither, I would have rather seen a shootout. If I remember correctly, LSU didn't even cross midfield until the 4th quarter and only did so once or twice.

It was also the lowest rated championship game if I remember correctly as well. No one outside of the SEC really wanted to see it again.

With all of that said, I am a believer of losing early is better than losing late. Edge Bama over Okie St. Granted only a couple weeks.

It also matters who you lose to. Edge Bama over Okie St.

It is just an unfortunate circumstance and I honestly don't think Okie St would have faired better. I do think that Okie St would have scored on Bama though lol. LSUs offense, from what I remember was pretty bad. But Bama did have a stellar defense, something that Okie St lacked.

A Bama/Okie St championship game would have faired something like 45-24 in my opinion. And I might be giving Okie St a little too much credit here, but I feel like they had a solid offense (again basing off of what I can remember).

We had Weedin, Blackmon, Randall, and maybe Okung (can't remember if he graduated in 10 or 11) so 3 or 4 NFL starters. I think your score against Bama would have been accurate-I don't think we win that game. The defense was marginal but they got a lot of turnovers. If we find a way to force Bama to go to the air there is a chance, but most likely they grind against us, hit a couple of home runs and that is that.

Against LSU it would have been our passing attack against their secondary. As anemic as their offense was though, man an average defensive performance would have held them in check. Plus the Gundy Miles narrative-he left OSU for LSU and Gundy was his OC. That would have been interesting.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Iowa State beat Oklahoma State that night, was because of the circumstances surrounding the game.

It would have affected anybody.
And it did.

Oklahoma State and Mike Gundy were put in a difficult spot, and did the best they could.

So, bottom line is that I don't hold that game against them.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had Weedin, Blackmon, Randall, and maybe Okung (can't remember if he graduated in 10 or 11) so 3 or 4 NFL starters. I think your score against Bama would have been accurate-I don't think we win that game. The defense was marginal but they got a lot of turnovers. If we find a way to force Bama to go to the air there is a chance, but most likely they grind against us, hit a couple of home runs and that is that.

Against LSU it would have been our passing attack against their secondary. As anemic as their offense was though, man an average defensive performance would have held them in check. Plus the Gundy Miles narrative-he left OSU for LSU and Gundy was his OC. That would have been interesting.

Absolutely. And for the record, I got so focused talking about Bama and Okie St I for some reason posted their championship game and left LSU out lol. I actually think that Okie St would have had a far greater chance of winning the championship had they played LSU. LSU also had a great defense, but their offense was so bad it would have made Okie Sts defense looked better lol.

Now that I am thinking about it. I would probably give the edge to LSU, but barely. Perhaps... 27-24. But I would not have been shocked to see Okie St win had this happened.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only reason Iowa State beat Oklahoma State that night, was because of the circumstances surrounding the game.

It would have affected anybody.
And it did.

Oklahoma State and Mike Gundy were put in a difficult spot, and did the best they could.

So, bottom line is that I don't hold that game against them.

Yeah didn't the volleyball coach die or something. Not to bring it up, just trying to remember without taking to google.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah didn't the volleyball coach die or something. Not to bring it up, just trying to remember without taking to google.

Girls basketball and a couple of assistants. In a plane crash, which alone would be enough to mess with anyone associated with Oklahoma State's head. He was pretty popular in the AD so everyone on the team knew him.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i think OSU and PSU would both need to lose twice then have the West champ have 2 losses and OU, Oregon , Baylor and Utah all need 2 as well. Basically youd need Minnesota to beat PSU then lose to Iowa and Wisky , OSU to beat PSU but lose to Michigan then the West team to beat OSU. Wash to beat Utah then Utah beats Oregon. Baylor to lose to Texas and OU, OU lose to ISU. Then have all that stuff you said happen too lol

I'd personally take an 11-1 LSU over a 12-1 Oregon/Utah and 12-1 Baylor/OU, but can understand why the committee might not.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd personally take an 11-1 LSU over a 12-1 Oregon/Utah and 12-1 Baylor/OU, but can understand why the committee might not.
I think LSU is by far the team with the best shot of going 11-1 and getting in .

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think LSU is by far the team with the best shot of going 11-1 and getting in .

I agree although I wouldn't be for it like ericd. I do think LSU is a very good team, but not winning your conference.... hell, not winning your division is a big no-no to me when only considering 4. Baylor, OU, Oregon, or Utah having that 13th data point matters a lot in my opinion and the system should reflect that. But that is my opinion.