• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your least favorite players

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I laugh at the Tiger nut huggers who equate his success with success in their own lives. How can anyone root for such an asshole?

I grew up competing against Tiger and saw how much better he was than his peers...I don't look at him and judge him based on his personal life, I judge him as a professional athlete

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colin Montgomerie
Sergio Garcia
Johnny Miller
Vijay Singh

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I grew up competing against Tiger and saw how much better he was than his peers...I don't look at him and judge him based on his personal life, I judge him as a professional athlete

I judge him by his conduct on the course and the way he treats people. I couldn't care less about what he does no his own time, but I find his on-course conduct and behavior towards those in the business disgraceful.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm like you and don't take any of these guys too seriously whether I like, or don't like their public persona...to on your list.

Quite a list here...Scott (I hate the anchored putters) but otherwise seems like a really nice young guy. Oosty, & Woosnam? Explain.

I'm not real big on Norman either...great player, even better business man, but a huge choker...kind of arrogant to have choked so much. Not his fault, but he won a ton when no one other than Nick Price and Faldo were consistent in the majors. DL3, Couples, Sutton, Leonard were all lauded as great players and they were for the most part, but none of them dominated.

Daly...he literally gave, and threw millions away. I heard early on he was a bit of a hothead, kind of an a-hole to his 1st wife (even rumors that he was violent).

I think his addictive behavior and some of the people around him just got the best of him. Now he's just trying to hang on. I'm not sad for him because he brought it on himself, but his story is kind of sad.

Keegan: every time he steps up to the ball, or is about to, its like (I'm ready, no wait, no I'm ready, no wait etc. It goes on and on). Reminds me of Sergio. Adam Scott: not a fan of the long putter. Won't win many after its taken from him and can't stand his loud mouth caddy. Oosthuizen: reminds me of Alfred E. Neuman (mad magazine). He looks like he should have his finger in his nose while playing. Didn't really like how the Ryder Cup players acted a few years ago which is the main reason why I don't like some of these guys. You are right, Norman is a heck of a businessmen (golf courses, clothing line, wine etc). Even after his ex-wife took millions, he is still on top. Just think he is too outspoken. I think I have said enough about Daly. On the positive side to Daly, he did follow me after I followed him on Twitter a few years ago which was pretty cool. Can't say I had any other player follow me.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Poulter wants to ?tazer the thrushes? who shout after shots | For The Win

How about Poulter with his twitter comments over the last few days? He basically said that he wanted to tazer some of the gallery after hearing those "Get in the Hole" type comments. To his credit he did acknowledge that most fans were great. I can understand his frustration but how about just keeping your mouth shut?

I love the picture in this link with him drinking a beer in front of his private jet - talk about being out of touch with reality. So a few idiots yelled some things (after you hit the ball). OK - we get it - it should not be allowed, but lots of people suffer through much worse & the ones doing the shouting should not be tortured.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ian Poulter wants to ?tazer the thrushes? who shout after shots | For The Win

How about Poulter with his twitter comments over the last few days? He basically said that he wanted to tazer some of the gallery after hearing those "Get in the Hole" type comments. To his credit he did acknowledge that most fans were great. I can understand his frustration but how about just keeping your mouth shut?

I love the picture in this link with him drinking a beer in front of his private jet - talk about being out of touch with reality. So a few idiots yelled some things (after you hit the ball). OK - we get it - it should not be allowed, but lots of people suffer through much worse & the ones doing the shouting should not be tortured.

I understand his frustration though. Those of us who love the game understand that the course used to be the last bastion of civility where everyone understood the accepted code of conduct and adhered to it. Now days its all about "being noticed". It makes me sick.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poulter...I did see him and Westwood were getting a bit intense with Twitter.

I think these fans who yell out stuff at golf tournaments are all recording it and simply want to say..."that was me" to their friends, etc.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keegan: every time he steps up to the ball, or is about to, its like (I'm ready, no wait, no I'm ready, no wait etc. It goes on and on). Reminds me of Sergio. Adam Scott: not a fan of the long putter. Won't win many after its taken from him and can't stand his loud mouth caddy. Oosthuizen: reminds me of Alfred E. Neuman (mad magazine). He looks like he should have his finger in his nose while playing. Didn't really like how the Ryder Cup players acted a few years ago which is the main reason why I don't like some of these guys. You are right, Norman is a heck of a businessmen (golf courses, clothing line, wine etc). Even after his ex-wife took millions, he is still on top. Just think he is too outspoken. I think I have said enough about Daly. On the positive side to Daly, he did follow me after I followed him on Twitter a few years ago which was pretty cool. Can't say I had any other player follow me.

Scott...I hate the long putters too, but don't blame these guys for taking advantage of within the rules...he putted with a regular length putter for several years...I'm sure he will pull one back out soon if he hasn't already...the guys like Bradley and Webb Simpson...they came out on tour with those brooms...it'll be interesting to see how they fare when the mandate kicks in.

Bradley...I'm with you on all the fidgety stuff but he seems like a good guy.

Daly...I don't know him, met him at a tourney a couple of times...in a round a bout way I feel like I know him (an ARK friend has hung out with him many times)...he's at a different place right now from what I'm hearing...a lot more humble.

The guys on tour that I don't care much for...Scott Hoch, Rory Sabbatini...Hoch was an a-hole to my nephew a few yrs back (I haven't gotten over it)...Sabbatini...as much as I hate slow play...the grand standing BS he pulled by completing his round well in front of Ben Crane was not called for.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott...I hate the long putters too, but don't blame these guys for taking advantage of within the rules...he putted with a regular length putter for several years...I'm sure he will pull one back out soon if he hasn't already...the guys like Bradley and Webb Simpson...they came out on tour with those brooms...it'll be interesting to see how they fare when the mandate kicks in.

Daly...I don't know him, met him at a tourney a couple of times...in a round a bout way I feel like I know him (an ARK friend has hung out with him many times)...he's at a different place right now from what I'm hearing...a lot more humble.

The guys on tour that I don't care much for...Scott Hoch, Rory Sabbatini...Hoch was an a-hole to my nephew a few yrs back (I haven't gotten over it)...Sabbatini...as much as I hate slow play...the grand standing BS he pulled by completing his round well in front of Ben Crane was not called for.

I like Daly. I was watching the Tucson Open way back when and Daly was paired with Ray Floyd. This old man was following Floyd and was so excited about it. He loved Ray Floyd. Floyd hits a ball in the rough near us and the old man asks if he can get in front of us so he can stand next to Floyd who is his hero. Of course we let the old codger in and when Floyd arrives the old dude is hopping up and down with excitement. Floyd and his caddy are trying to decide what shot to play and the old man opens a potato chip bag which hardly made any noise and Floyd turns to him and practically screams 'Do you have to do that now?" Daly, who was standing about 20 feet away, says "Geez, Ray, that's a little harsh". Floyd ignores Daly but Daly walks over to the old dude after Floyd has hit his shot and gives him a sleeve of balls. I thought that was cool.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand his frustration though. Those of us who love the game understand that the course used to be the last bastion of civility where everyone understood the accepted code of conduct and adhered to it. Now days its all about "being noticed". It makes me sick.

I understand but cmon there are much worse things in life. There are a few idiots out there & in the future it is up to the courses & governing bodies to get control of the situation. However - suggesting that people be shot with a tazer? Please. So in order to address being "civil" this is his suggestion? :laugh3:

Sounds like someone needs to take a step back & understand who helps pay for his private jet, mansion, hot wife, etc.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand but cmon there are much worse things in life. There are a few idiots out there & in the future it is up to the courses & governing bodies to get control of the situation. However - suggesting that people be shot with a tazer? Please. So in order to address being "civil" this is his suggestion? :laugh3:

Sounds like someone needs to take a step back & understand who helps pay for his private jet, mansion, hot wife, etc.

Ya, Poulter is a little high strung. I was more surprised by Westwood's twitter tirades

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree, Bradley is probably a nicer guy than I give him credit for, I give him a pass for niceness.

Adam Scott on the other hand, gets no pass for the long putter, even if it is somehow legal, big, young, strong, wtf man, that is just not acceptable, that shit is for old guys bro.

I forgot to add Bubba, we were at Tavastock a couple years ago, following his pairing, little dude bumped into my buddy and came all unglued, we were surprised at his diminutive stature, lol.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, Poulter is a little high strung. I was more surprised by Westwood's twitter tirades

Westwood may be experiencing something similar to Tiger where the pressure of not winning a Major is getting to him - especially after he was so close at the British Open & in the mix at the PGA only to fall short. At his level nobody likes to continue to wear the title "Best Golfer to have Never Won a Major".

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, Bradley is probably a nicer guy than I give him credit for, I give him a pass for niceness.

Adam Scott on the other hand, gets no pass for the long putter, even if it is somehow legal, big, young, strong, wtf man, that is just not acceptable, that shit is for old guys bro.

I forgot to add Bubba, we were at Tavastock a couple years ago, following his pairing, little dude bumped into my buddy and came all unglued, we were surprised at his diminutive stature, lol.

Scott...I was very surprised (and disappointed) when he went to the long putter, but that will sort itself out soon enough...the way he handled himself in a very tough major loss sticks with me.

Bubba...I've heard that he was a real hothead...we saw a little of that this year when he called out his caddie. He's really a big baby imo.

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not going to cross the ropes, run him down and begin to punch his face in until there is nothing but a bloody mess, but Corey Pavin really bugs me.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westwood may be experiencing something similar to Tiger where the pressure of not winning a Major is getting to him - especially after he was so close at the British Open & in the mix at the PGA only to fall short. At his level nobody likes to continue to wear the title "Best Golfer to have Never Won a Major".

Frankly, I don't think he'll ever get it done. Having said that, I'd give my left nut to carry the title of "Best Player Never To Win a Major". That would mean I was a pretty damn good golfer and rich as hell to boot.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly, I don't think he'll ever get it done. Having said that, I'd give my left nut to carry the title of "Best Player Never To Win a Major". That would mean I was a pretty damn good golfer and rich as hell to boot.

Don't get me wrong - I agree with you (similar to what I have said about Tiger when people state that he must be miserable by not winning majors recently - people with that type of game, $$ & opportunities are rarely that miserable). Just saying that come Majors time people like Westwood must be sick of hearing that line & it probably results in some behavior that would normally not occur (unlike someone like Poulter who just appears to be a d-bag).

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong - I agree with you (similar to what I have said about Tiger when people state that he must be miserable by not winning majors recently - people with that type of game, $$ & opportunities are rarely that miserable). Just saying that come Majors time people like Westwood must be sick of hearing that line & it probably results in some behavior that would normally not occur (unlike someone like Poulter who just appears to be a d-bag).[/QUOTE]

Probably true.

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I judge him by his conduct on the course and the way he treats people. I couldn't care less about what he does no his own time, but I find his on-course conduct and behavior towards those in the business disgraceful.

Because he fucked a bunch of whores??? I don't agree with his personal life but the kid is straight and to the point. You'll never see a better talent in your life

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because he fucked a bunch of whores??? I don't agree with his personal life but the kid is straight and to the point. You'll never see a better talent in your life

Gotta read. I said "His on course conduct"..........unless he fucked those whores you mentioned on the golf course