• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your least favorite players

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see here, in no particular order:

Sergio, Vijay, Rory, Adam Scott, Keegan Bradley, Graeme McDowell, Greg Norman, Louis Oosthuizen, Ian Woosnam, Lee Westwood, John Daly, and Phil M.

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sabbatini
McDowell
Harrington
Scott (long putter? seriously?)
Bradley (hit the fuckin thing already)
Watney (just too goofy)

HawkeyesRuleURFace

Avid Basketball Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOL at the whole anti-Tiger contingent...how the fuck can you not like a guy with that much talent???

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sergio, Vijay, Rory, Adam Scott, Keegan Bradley, Graeme McDowell, Greg Norman, Louis Oosthuizen, Ian Woosnam, Lee Westwood, John Daly, and Phil M.

how the hell can you hate on greg norman and John Daly?

Greg has the greatest nickname in all of golf.Along with his clothes that he endorses.....
Daly?........You gotta love a guy that will light up a smoke and arrives drunk at the golf course.(and i don`t smoke)
Is this not what we all do when we are there?

Hate on Tiger.......he deserves it.

bsanko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Greg has the greatest nickname in all of golf.Along with his clothes that he endorses.....
Daly?........You gotta love a guy that will light up a smoke and arrives drunk at the golf course.(and i don`t smoke)

First of all, I never said I hated these people, I dislike them. There is a difference. Greg Norman is a choke artist (majors) and can't keep his mouth shut. He has bashed the PGA and several course designers. As for John Daly, you hit the nail on the head and I am far from one who arrives at a golf course drunk. People who do, should stay home. The guy could have been something great, but he has allowed his drinking to get the best of him. I also don't care for his loud clothes.

Why does Tiger deserve it?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For whatever it is worth - all the stories I hear about Daly when he is in public (which he does a lot more than most golfers) is that he is one of the nicest guys around. BTW - some of those times he was hanging with Justin Timberlake who is supposedly one of the biggest d-bag celebrities & proved it when they hung out together.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horschel.... Played against him in the FL state AM about 7 yrs ago. Absolute prick.. He shot 79 in the first round and withdrew bc his feelings were hurt.

Phil.... Too many stories around of him being two faced in real life as opposed to the camera

Poulter.... He was playing with my buddy 1st 2some out on Saturday in the 3rd round of the Honda classic when it was still at Mirasol.. On the 15th hole, a par 3, he pulls it left into the hazard... He proceeds to peel 4 huge divots out of the fresh teebox, scream FUCK! then turn around and stare down all 5 of us that were following the group. The Marshal (who must have been a member) told him to go replace the divots. Ian responded with a crisp "fuck you" and walked off the tee.

So I guess that Poulter is not like that commercial where he & the other PGA golfers politely ask the amateur golfers to speed it up at the TPC-Players course?...:yahoo:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I never said I hated these people, I dislike them. There is a difference. Greg Norman is a choke artist (majors) and can't keep his mouth shut. He has bashed the PGA and several course designers. As for John Daly, you hit the nail on the head and I am far from one who arrives at a golf course drunk. People who do, should stay home. The guy could have been something great, but he has allowed his drinking to get the best of him. I also don't care for his loud clothes.

Why does Tiger deserve it?

Say whatever you like. However - Norman is pretty much a self-made billionaire & Daly makes tons of cash off those clothes.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I LOL at the whole anti-Tiger contingent...how the fuck can you not like a guy with that much talent???

I laugh at the Tiger nut huggers who equate his success with success in their own lives. How can anyone root for such an asshole?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm like you and don't take any of these guys too seriously whether I like, or don't like their public persona...to on your list.

Quite a list here...Scott (I hate the anchored putters) but otherwise seems like a really nice young guy. Oosty, & Woosnam? Explain.

I'm not real big on Norman either...great player, even better business man, but a huge choker...kind of arrogant to have choked so much. Not his fault, but he won a ton when no one other than Nick Price and Faldo were consistent in the majors. DL3, Couples, Sutton, Leonard were all lauded as great players and they were for the most part, but none of them dominated.

Daly...he literally gave, and threw millions away. I heard early on he was a bit of a hothead, kind of an a-hole to his 1st wife (even rumors that he was violent).

I think his addictive behavior and some of the people around him just got the best of him. Now he's just trying to hang on. I'm not sad for him because he brought it on himself, but his story is kind of sad.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the opposite end of the spectrum - I am really starting to like Keegan Bradley after watching clips from his recent appearance on Feherty. He just sounds like a good guy who likes to have fun & he also provided a pretty neat glimpse into the life of tour players (including the fact that these guys are mainly friends & not angry rivals as some here seem to imply).

I also thought it was pretty cool that he was supposedly heading out of town but returned to the 18th hole to greet his buddy Dufner after his win yesterday.

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VJ, Sergio .. and for some reson that whole group of guys that make the you tube videos.. and have people dress like them in the gallary.. tahts just duche..

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really starting to like Keegan Bradley after watching clips from his recent appearance on Feherty. He just sounds like a good guy who likes to have fun & he also provided a pretty neat glimpse into the life of tour players (including the fact that these guys are mainly friends & not angry rivals as some here seem to imply).

I also thought it was pretty cool that he was supposedly heading out of town but returned to the 18th hole to greet his buddy Dufner after his win yesterday.

I like Keegan as well. Being there to support the guy he beat @ the PGA was a nice gesture...For the most part I think these players today want to win, and they want to win majors, but I think there's sooooooooo much money on tour now that if you any good, you're going to make some good money, have a great looking wife and a nice life...who has time to be enemies?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Keegan as well. Being there to support the guy he beat @ the PGA was a nice gesture...For the most part I think these players today want to win, and they want to win majors, but I think there's sooooooooo much money on tour now that if you any good, you're going to make some good money, have a great looking wife and a nice life...who has time to be enemies?

Absolutely. It was interesting that Bradley also detailed his life on one of the feeder tours where he was riding a beat up car & basically wagering money every week. I am sure that for every one of these guys we hear about on the PGA tour there are tons of guys who never make it & have to go back to the grind (& a non-trophy wife).

You are so dead-on with your last comment. I remember providing a similar reply on the ESPN forum to a poster who stated that Tiger was probably stewing & deeply depressed for an extended period of time after losing one of the majors. Please. Like all of these guys - he has lots of other things going on including lots of $$, his kids, his business ventures & working with his charities for kids & disabled vets. That will take a lot of the sting out of not winning a major.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. It was interesting that Bradley also detailed his life on one of the feeder tours where he was riding a beat up car & basically wagering money every week. I am sure that for every one of these guys we hear about on the PGA tour there are tons of guys who never make it & have to go back to the grind (& a non-trophy wife).

You are so dead-on with your last comment. I remember providing a similar reply on the ESPN forum to a poster who stated that Tiger was probably stewing & deeply depressed for an extended period of time after losing one of the majors. Please. Like all of these guys - he has lots of other things going on including lots of $$, his kids, his business ventures & working with his charities for kids & disabled vets. That will take a lot of the sting out of not winning a major.

Mini tours...I remember Tom Lehman talking about being down to their last month worth of bills...borrowed money for gas to get down to FL from Minn...won on a Nike Tour...enough to keep him going...then he finally hit the big Tour some time later.

Tiger & Phil...I don't think they're drinking buddies or anything, but I think the media made their relationship to be more adversarial than it really was. I'm not sure about VJ...there is real venom out on tour for him...especially now.

Tiger & majors...I think they are starting to eat at him more now, but yea he has enough going on where he should be dwelling on the losses that much.

This is just my opinion, but I think way too much emphasis is put on majors. Ironically I think this is largely because the focus he (and Jack) bring to them. IMO Tiger is the most dominant player over what might be the deepest fields in the history of the game.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mini tours...I remember Tom Lehman talking about being down to their last month worth of bills...borrowed money for gas to get down to FL from Minn...won on a Nike Tour...enough to keep him going...then he finally hit the big Tour some time later.

Tiger & Phil...I don't think they're drinking buddies or anything, but I think the media made their relationship to be more adversarial than it really was. I'm not sure about VJ...there is real venom out on tour for him...especially now.

Tiger & majors...I think they are starting to eat at him more now, but yea he has enough going on where he should be dwelling on the losses that much.

This is just my opinion, but I think way too much emphasis is put on majors. Ironically I think this is largely because the focus he (and Jack) bring to them. IMO Tiger is the most dominant player over what might be the deepest fields in the history of the game.

Regarding your second paragraph - it reminds me of that commercial with McDowell & Bradley where Jacobson is basically goading both of them with comments they supposedly made about each other. This is so dead-on in regards to the media. They try to present this type of situation all the time. The whole Tiger-Sergio thing was a bit entertaining for a short time, but they dragged it on way too long. I guess that is what happens when you have 24x7 golf & sports channels.

It is funny how they focus on the majors & have to turn right around & make people believe that the FedEx cup is so important. I am pretty much done with worrying about any of it & instead like to focus on the large amt of very good golfers - it makes for pretty good entertainment on any given week.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Regarding your second paragraph - it reminds me of that commercial with McDowell & Bradley where Jacobson is basically goading both of them with comments they supposedly made about each other. This is so dead-on in regards to the media. They try to present this type of situation all the time. The whole Tiger-Sergio thing was a bit entertaining for a short time, but they dragged it on way too long. I guess that is what happens when you have 24x7 golf & sports channels.

It is funny how they focus on the majors & have to turn right around & make people believe that the FedEx cup is so important. I am pretty much done with worrying about any of it & instead like to focus on the large amt of very good golfers - it makes for pretty good entertainment on any given week.

Tiger/Sergio stems back the RC when Sergio's pairing won a point over Tiger's team and Sergio went nuts as if they had won the cup...kind of showing them up. He was still a kid then, 1st RC maybe, but Tiger never let it go from my understanding so Sergio just stopped trying to be friendly and played the I don't like you either game thereafter.

I get the majors...I really do get it, but imo it's more about the history of these events than anything else...the PGAT could easily set up a golf course to make it hard...The Players already has a major caliber field, and a larger payout.

The FedEx cup was a think tank idea to add some zest to the end of the golf season where they compete with football. FedEx wanted more exposure in the golf arena, and they took the bait. I will say, The TOUR champ is a nice event to go see b/c there's only 30 players, old, solid track.

FWIW, I think the official golf season should end after the PGA...top 75 and winners are safe for the next season. Then take the rest of the tour, and have a playoff for 40 cards. and take another 40 from the Web.com tour.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tiger/Sergio stems back the RC when Sergio's pairing won a point over Tiger's team and Sergio went nuts as if they had won the cup...kind of showing them up. He was still a kid then, 1st RC maybe, but Tiger never let it go from my understanding so Sergio just stopped trying to be friendly and played the I don't like you either game thereafter.

I get the majors...I really do get it, but imo it's more about the history of these events than anything else...the PGAT could easily set up a golf course to make it hard...The Players already has a major caliber field, and a larger payout.

The FedEx cup was a think tank idea to add some zest to the end of the golf season where they compete with football. FedEx wanted more exposure in the golf arena, and they took the bait. I will say, The TOUR champ is a nice event to go see b/c there's only 30 players, old, solid track.

FWIW, I think the official golf season should end after the PGA...top 75 and winners are safe for the next season. Then take the rest of the tour, and have a playoff for 40 cards. and take another 40 from the Web.com tour.

You are probably right about all of this. However - outlets like the Golf Channel need to have material for the rest of the year. So much different than the days of 3-4 channels, limited coverage & no Internet.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now that is pressure.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the opposite end of the spectrum - I am really starting to like Keegan Bradley after watching clips from his recent appearance on Feherty. He just sounds like a good guy who likes to have fun & he also provided a pretty neat glimpse into the life of tour players (including the fact that these guys are mainly friends & not angry rivals as some here seem to imply).

I saw that. He's living the dream and not taking it for granted.