• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The Open Championship at Royal Birkdale.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speith could be separating himself from the other great players of today. A once in a generation player possibly. That might be Kuchars best chance to win a major what we saw today. Tiger ruined many dreams for other players. Speith might do similar damage.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Matsuyama hit his opening tee shot OB.
That crazy fast change of direction in my opinion, lends itself to shots like that when the heat is on or when he has not settled into his round

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just when I thought he was going to choke away the lead, he put together the most amazing 4 hole stretch that I have ever seen

the kid is good

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speith could be separating himself from the other great players of today. A once in a generation player possibly. That might be Kuchars best chance to win a major what we saw today. Tiger ruined many dreams for other players. Speith might do similar damage.

Congrats!...Jordan bags another leg of the Grand Slam.

On a course that was ready, willing and able to give up low numbers, obviously neither guy played well. It was more or less a two man race and Matt just couldn't take advantage of an off day by Spieth....I'm pretty sure he won't be too anxious to see another pot bunker for a while.

At the end of the day Jordan found his swing midway thru the back 9 and imo re-took control with the eagle on 15 and put the tournament away on 16.

IDK is Spieth is really separating. imo he's a great putter, but he doesn't really have a dominant game. What he does have is the confidence that he can close the deal in majors. As much as I like Kuch, I think he's a good player, but not a great player...just not good enough to keep applying the pressure yesterday.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw Matsuyama hit his opening tee shot OB.
That crazy fast change of direction in my opinion, lends itself to shots like that when the heat is on or when he has not settled into his round

Yep...his timing must be spot on...one of the few swings at the top of the world ranking that you wonder about. Although he's been successful, another swing I'm not really in love with is Justin Thomas...it's great he's gets it out there a long way for a slight guy, but just far too hard.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see it on the 13th hole but what was everyone B*tching about on FB about it. He took an unplayable lie but the officials let him move it closer to the hole? Was that it?

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't get to see it on the 13th hole but what was everyone B*tching about on FB about it. He took an unplayable lie but the officials let him move it closer to the hole? Was that it?

People like to bitch. He took advantage of the rules and given all the things required to finally get the drop it took some time. Bottom line is Kuchar went to the hole tied and left it up 1. Tee shot on the next hole is what really turned things around for Spieth.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People like to bitch. He took advantage of the rules and given all the things required to finally get the drop it took some time. Bottom line is Kuchar went to the hole tied and left it up 1. Tee shot on the next hole is what really turned things around for Spieth.

Yeah that's what I figured. I mean if you can use the rules to your advantage why not

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...his timing must be spot on...one of the few swings at the top of the world ranking that you wonder about. Although he's been successful, another swing I'm not really in love with is Justin Thomas...it's great he's gets it out there a long way for a slight guy, but just far too hard.

Jason Day has had that stigma attached to him for a long time too. Although his swing is more fundamentally sound. I think both Hideki and Justin will both win a major in their lifetime, but I would not bet on it.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most complained because it took a lot of time.
Jordan thought it through brilliantly.
That up and down for bogey was crucial. Validated all the decisions he made with the officials.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

A lot went on there obviously, but from what I could tell, his 2 club length unplayable drop put him behind some fixed objects so he got line of sight relief from that so he ended up playing from the driving range, smart, but all legal...just took a long time.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Day has had that stigma attached to him for a long time too. Although his swing is more fundamentally sound. I think both Hideki and Justin will both win a major in their lifetime, but I would not bet on it.

Yep...the difference with Day is all the work in the weight room may be making him more susceptible to injury.

You look at a smallish guy like David Toms, smooth swinger, didn't try to hit 2 miles...13 PGAT wins including a major...made a ton of cash and now still swinging on the ATM tour. Thomas will be fortunate to last 12 yrs as hard as he goes after it.

Zooky

I make chunk plays.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...the difference with Day is all the work in the weight room may be making him more susceptible to injury.

You look at a smallish guy like David Toms, smooth swinger, didn't try to hit 2 miles...13 PGAT wins including a major...made a ton of cash and now still swinging on the ATM tour. Thomas will be fortunate to last 12 yrs as hard as he goes after it.

Chamblee or Nobilo said they think the career that lasts until 40 will start to become more the norm.
Makes a lot of sense.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chamblee or Nobilo said they think the career that lasts until 40 will start to become more the norm.
Makes a lot of sense.

Interesting, but believable. Aside from the swing/injury issues, the money is so much greater there really won't be a need to play deep into your 40s anymore.

Most of the guys now playing well into their 40s were smooth swingers...Stenson probably not, but Ernie, Furyk, Stricker.

I wonder what impact that might have on the Sr tour?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot went on there obviously, but from what I could tell, his 2 club length unplayable drop put him behind some fixed objects so he got line of sight relief from that so he ended up playing from the driving range, smart, but all legal...just took a long time.

Thank you. People were pissed about him getting sight of relief is stupid. The rules official was right there and he made the call. Suck it up haters!