• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your first concert?

sooner78wakeboard

Sooner Born, Sooner Bred
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smashing+Pumpkins+-+Infinite+Sadness+Tour+T-Shirt+-+Large+-+T-SHIRT-382212.jpg

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Credit to packerzrule for the idea.

My first show was The Doobie Brothers at the Carolina Coliseum (circa '80-82). I was in the middle of a football game and my coach came and told me that my Mom was there to pick me up because there was a death in the family. So I go with my Mom and start walking to the car when she tells me that we're going to a concert. I get in the car and she had me a change of clothes and my aunt with her. I must say an awesome first show for a 10-12 year old. I'm still a big Doobie Brothers fan to this day because of it.

Did you mother really need to pull the death in the family card to take you out of a game? She couldn't just pull the mother card and yank you? Either way... sounds like a good concert! Except when you went back to playing your teammates and coaches will as you about the death

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't been to a concert since the last Blue Oyster Cult concert I went to in 1983.

Went to a BOC concert on New Years Eve. Brought in the new year with

[YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T65rW_SIzg0]Blue Oyster Cult Godzilla - YouTube[/ame][/YOUTUBE]

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do the you tube links double up, am i doing it wrong?

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do the you tube links double up, am i doing it wrong?

Yeah, it's easy to do youtube with the YouTube brackets though. Just use that which follows the = in the URL and paste it in between [ youtube]...[ /youtube] (without the spaces). Like so.

In this case b0yNndiQMVk is the info after the = in the url.

Last edited by a moderator:

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that when they came to Seattle. AIC was utterly out of place on that bill, and while Seattle didn't give them any crap, Jerry Cantrell mentioned that was the worst tour they ever went on because everywhere else, all the metal heads threw everything they could at them while playing.

Slayer absolutely was the highlight that night. Pit was massive and bodies flying everywhere.

Another good one I went to was an Ozzfest around 1999. Black Sabbath, Rob Zombie, Slayer, Deftones on the main stage and saw fear factory on the smaller one. Damn, what a show.

Saw White Zombie a few times, including Halloween night in Vegas on shrooms. Everbody was dressed up like monsters and shit.

I was pissed tho, cuz they had a bunch of opening acts that I didn't even know were gonna be there, so the shrroms were almost spent by the time Zombie took the stage. The Cramps opened, and then a couple of other weird ass bands I can't even remember. People were throwing shit at the Cramps like crazy, and they were just egging em' on....head singer got dropped like a ton of bricks by a full beer can pelting him in the side of the head.

KansasSooner

Aces & eights
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THE BEATLES

IN 1964, in New Orleans, I was in 2nd grade, went with my sister who was 10 years older.
She was stuck baby sitting me, so my parents gave her an extra 5 dollars(the cost of the ticket) to take me with her and her boy friend. It was in CITY PARKS, TAD GORMLEY STADIUM(the site of high school football games) there was NO SUPERDOME and even SUGAR BOWL STADIUM was thought to be TOO BIG for the event.
I remember them playing the song I'm DOWN and I SAW HER STANDING THERE. The New Orleans Cops were beating the crap out of even teeenage girls with their billys to keep them from reaching the stage.
From the start to finish it was hard to hear the music because of crazy ass screaming.
If you have ever seen the SHEA STADIUM footage, imagine that multiplied by 10 and over 4 or 5 thousand teenage girls and guys rushing the stage.
I remember hearing they printed 5000 tics sold them out, printed 5000 more, sold out in an hour.
They then would not say how many more they had sold because of the Fire Marshall, the local news channel at the time said it was estimated to be 25 thousand, the high school games there at the time drew about 1 or 2 thousand, at most, at that time.
It was like nothing seen before or since, the first real rock concert in New Orleans, the first band of the BRITISH INVASION in the states. They had made their first stop of that tour at Shea Stadium in New York. I am not sure how many cities they played in US on that tour, but it was the first!
Even though I was only 6 yrs old or so, I remember a lot of it and I feel grateful to have been there and seen history being made in perso.

Sounds just like what a girl I once dated told me about going to see The Beatles in Indianapolis in 1964.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emerson, Lake & Palmer - 1977-1978 - can't remember.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1985 Motley Crue with Y & T as the opening act was my first big concert. Then in 1987 while staying with a friend in Knoxville, Tenn I saw "TNT, Stryper and Loudness" (lol)

I

Paul Fizzle

The Godfather of Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1985 Motley Crue with Y & T as the opening act was my first big concert. Then in 1987 while staying with a friend in Knoxville, Tenn I saw "TNT, Stryper and Loudness" (lol)

I

Stryper .... the Christian Metal band?
Heard they use to throw holy bibles into the crowd ..... sorry, but that's pretty gay

And to think .... at one time, I actually thought you were cool Jim

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha.....I was young, Fizz. Tix were cheap and I went for the atmosphere. Plus Loudness had a couple good songs then.

What's funny is.... later the same year when I came back home, I went to a small venue in Cleveland to see "King Diamond." It was his first "solo" tour w/o being the front man for the heavily Satanic band "Mercyful Fate"

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going to sound really sad, but my first concert was John Mayer in Lake Tahoe. In my defense though, it was on a double date that my friend asked me to go on to make his chick happy as it was her best friend. She was pretty hot too.....I didn't get any out of it and later had to settle for discovering my own body was a wonderland :L

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Creedence Clearwater Revival, San Diego 1971

dblakejr7

Preacher Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First concert was family values 97' korn, ramstien, ice cube, and a few others..

since then over 150 shows and over 275 live bands. last show i went to was in 2007 yet another family values with korn, evenesence and flyleaf..

most memorable.. ozzfest with System of a down headlining.. stretched all and i mean all the ligiments from my knee to my foot in a mosh pit.. as soon as we walked in.. hatebreed was on the stage.. stayed and partied for the whole show.. er visit soon after it ended.. they had to cut my shoe off my foot it was so swollen .. good times good times..

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm jealous.

To be honest, I was really disappointed. Tom Fogerty had already left the group, so it was just John Fogerty, Stu Cook and Doug Clifford. The concert was really short as a I remember, maybe just an hour. Years later after reading about the disintegration of the band after Tom Fogerty left, I now understand why the concert was not up to par. I've seen Fogerty about a dozen times and he never fails to put on an excellent show. He's out on tour right now.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tool and Rage at the Moore. I was 17 and as drunk as I had ever been. Had a great time, but I wish that I could remember more. :suds: