• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 53 Man Roster Prediction

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone care to take a stab at who survives the final cut? It seems like a tall task at first, but I find That if you roll though a position-by-position depth chart and do the obvious ones first the rest fills in pretty fast.

I think the question marks this year are how many of certain position will we keep? 1 or 2 FBs? 5 or 6 WRs? 4, 5, or 6 safeties? 5 or 6 CBs? 4, 5 or even 6 DEs? 2 or 3 QBs. Any of those ranges are a possibility with the way the roster battles are shaking out right now.

Give it a whirl. Change it again in a week. Or sooner. Or not at all. We'll call it a fluid roster for now...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
53 names is too many to write. I will wait and copy... Hurry kool-aid king make it easy on me.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB:
Matthew Stafford
Dan Orlovsky

RB:
Reggie Bush
Joique Bell
Theo Riddick
Mikel Leshoure

FB:
Jed Collins
Montell Owens

WR:
Calvin Johnson
Golden Tate
Ryan Broyles
Kevin Ogletree
Jeremy Ross
Corey Fuller

TE:
Brandon Pettigrew
Eric Ebron
Joe Fauria

LT:
Riley Reiff
Cornelius Griffen

LG:
Rob Sims
Rodney Austin

C:
Dominic Raiola
Travis Swanson

RG:
Larry Warford

RT:
LaAdrian Waddle
Corey Hilliard

DE:
Ziggy Ansah
Jason Jones
Devin Taylor
Larry Webster
George Johnson

DT:
Ndamukong Suh
Nick Fairley
C.J. Mosley
Carrun Reid

OLB:
Deandre Levy
Kyle Van Noy
Ashlee Palmer

MLB:
Stephen Tulloch
Tahir Whitehead

CB:
Darrius Slay
Rashean Mathis
Bill Bentley
Nevis Lawson
Drayton Florence
Jonte Green

Safety:
Glover Quin
James Ihedigbo
Don Carey
Asa Abdul-Quidis

K:
Nate Freese

P:
Sam I Am Martin

LS:
Don Mulbach

Almost Made It:
QB:
Kellen Moore

RB:
George Wynn

WR:
Kris Durham

DE:
Darly Tapp
Andre Fluellen

OLB:
Travis Lewis

CB:
Cassius Vaughn
Chris Greenwood

S:
Dejon Gomes
Jerome Couplin

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Practice Squad:

Kellen Moore
George Wynn
Chad Abram
Chris Greenwood
Mohammed Seisay
Jerome Couplin
Jacob Maxwell
Andrew Peacock

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will stick with what you have for now except I will swap out Oglevee for Durham. Durham has outplayed him and we don't need 3 slot guys especially when Tate also plays the slot and we have Ebron.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moore makes it instead of green, Wynn over leshoure and Durham over ogletree

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but I think Durham makes it, he's actually been playing really well. I also think that Leshoure should not make it. I'm also calling one fullback on the roster. Maybe Oglivy and Durham both make it and we have an extra Receiver instead of the second fullback. I think Couplin makes it as he's already getting 2nd team reps. Same thing with Greenwood. I also don't think we'll carry nine defensive linemen. That is a shit ton.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the sudden emergence of Broyles( whether he stays healthy different thread) I see Jones just being stashed on IR all season.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another question not sure of.

When guys are waived by other teams at final cuts, can Lions just sign to practice squad or is there also a waiver process before they can sign PS?

I know Lions cuts have to clear waivers.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have to clear waivers for active rosters. Then sign where they can, but I'm not positive on that.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to move Webster to the PS and add an OLB from Waivers. Probably bump Maxwell from the PS.

I expect we will waive one of the CBs and keep Gomes as a fifth safety. I just don't know which one yet. Maybe Florence.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to move Webster to the PS and add an OLB from Waivers. Probably bump Maxwell from the PS.

I expect we will waive one of the CBs and keep Gomes as a fifth safety. I just don't know which one yet. Maybe Florence.
I honestly think there's about a zero percent chance a 4th round pick gets through waivers to the practice squad. Multiple teams would jump all over that one, imo.

That's why I kept 5 DEs- I think we have 4 guys who are better than Webster right now, but we drafted him to be a project, and we loose that pick, essentially, if we expose him to waivers.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they have to clear waivers for active rosters. Then sign where they can, but I'm not positive on that.

Yep, I'm with FalconJacked on this one- they gotta clear waivers, then we can sign them to our practice squad if we wish, and if they want to. Not too often you see practice squad players coming from other teams, though. Usually coaches like to stick with 8 guys they've seen through camp and know what they have.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate to say it, but I think Durham makes it, he's actually been playing really well. I also think that Leshoure should not make it. I'm also calling one fullback on the roster. Maybe Oglivy and Durham both make it and we have an extra Receiver instead of the second fullback. I think Couplin makes it as he's already getting 2nd team reps. Same thing with Greenwood. I also don't think we'll carry nine defensive linemen. That is a shit ton.

Most 4-3 based defenses carry 8 as the standard (4 starters, 1 back-up for each starter), so idk if one more constitutes a shit-ton. We regularly carried 9 under the last regime.

My reasoning on this one is that Ansah, Jones, Taylor, and George Johnson are clearly our top 4 DEs thus far, but Webster won't be able to be snuck through to the practice squad, so he has to stay on the active roster, too...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0% chance DE Larry Webster isn't on active roster, JMO. This kid is extremely athletic and can be electrifying at times. He came in raw and has a lot to learn yet (Bloomsburg College) but the coaching staff has given quite a bit of positive remarks on his skill-set to date.

TP.... LT Cornelius "Lucas" (Kansas State UDFA), not Griffen as noted

I too expect Durham to make the roster, if he continues to progress, not Ogletree

LeShoure, IMO, prolly gets traded or released and Wynn takes his spot (reason why, thumpers in Collins and Owens for short yardage situations vs using LeShoure).

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget converted OT Mike Williams (2013 7th rd TE draft pick) most likely ends up on practice squad. hopefully he can get acclimated to the position change and take Hilliard's place next yr.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
0% chance DE Larry Webster isn't on active roster, JMO. This kid is extremely athletic and can be electrifying at times. He came in raw and has a lot to learn yet (Bloomsburg College) but the coaching staff has given quite a bit of positive remarks on his skill-set to date.

TP.... LT Cornelius "Lucas" (Kansas State UDFA), not Griffen as noted

I too expect Durham to make the roster, if he continues to progress, not Ogletree

LeShoure, IMO, prolly gets traded or released and Wynn takes his spot (reason why, thumpers in Collins and Owens for short yardage situations vs using LeShoure).

Good call.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't forget converted OT Mike Williams (2013 7th rd TE draft pick) most likely ends up on practice squad. hopefully he can get acclimated to the position change and take Hilliard's place next yr.

Very true, he's a strong practice squad option.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JMO, FA PK Giorgio Tavecchio wins this spot... more consistant to date than 2014 Draftee Freese and a much stronger leg than him too.. Freese was suspect/iffy on hitting any FG over 45 yds in college when considering % made beyond that mark

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He will surely need the year to learn. Watched him again. I didn't expect him to be polished. Although blocking was his strong point at Bama.

Needs to explode on run plays.
Use his reach to keep DL off him.
Definitely needs to get stronger, lacks strength it seems on his initial push.

I would love to see this kid make it even if just for a solid backup. I know it is a broken record around here. They need to start getting late round kids to make a impact or a difference.