• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 3 Picks for 2011-2012 SCF

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying they will win the cup but I agree with your post. This team does have some small forwards but they also have enough guy's that can take care of business when needed.

Roy was the Sabres MVP before he got hurt and I think there are a lot of people that under estimate him. He was having a career season before the injury and your point about Stafford is also well taken.

They finally have a proven very good back-up goalie to give Miller a break as well. This was a major problem before the second half of last season for a long time.

Also (i havent read all of the post yet) but until yours a few people have mentioned how much better the defense is with the new additions and lets not forget they have a guy named Myers on the back end already.

Their depeth in the farm team is pretty damn solid too and we all know teams have injuries. Granati, Ellis, Adam, Kassian, Kotalik will probably start down with the Amerks.

Maybe not a Cup winner yet but definately not a push over.

Edit: also the Sabes won the season series against the Bruins last year and it's safe to say the Sabres have improved quite a bit. I have a lot of repesct for the Bruins but I don't thik the Sabres are on their (I would want to play them in the playoffs) list.
Just my 2 cents.

Last season I completely agree. The Sabres were the last team I wanted to see postseason... This is a whole new year though. But Sabres have moved forward significantly whereas the Bruins have pretty much remained the same. It's gonna be fun, can't fucking wait!

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
/PassingtheBeer :tape:

I feel like this season in the East is gonna be so much fun. I truly can not fucking wait. I'm sure you all feel the same. Especially you Pens fans with Crosby and Malkin coming back.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last season I completely agree. The Sabres were the last team I wanted to see postseason... This is a whole new year though. But Sabres have moved forward significantly whereas the Bruins have pretty much remained the same. It's gonna be fun, can't fucking wait!

Jeff, I think there will be some damn good games in the NE division this season with the Habs, Bruins, Sabres and the Leafs played well down the stretch. Like you said, I can't fucking wait. Drop the damn puck !!:pop2:

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like this season in the East is gonna be so much fun. I truly can not fucking wait. I'm sure you all feel the same. Especially you Pens fans with Crosby and Malkin coming back.

You bet. I really wish we could have had a Pens/Bruins or Pens/Caps series. The Bruins would be a great test to see how Fluery deals in an all-out duel. The Caps would have been fun to see the Crosby/Ovechkin matchup again.

Tampa and Philly are the wild cards. Tampa could be on the rise or just a Cinderella story. The Flyers, well many of them didn't even play in the East last year.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think TB is going out like a fart in the wind. I bet they dont make the playoffs this year.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly, Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, Buffalo, NJ, NY Rangers are probably the favorites for playoff spots this year in the East. That leaves Tampa and Montreal, in my mind, as the jokers. Anyone I'm missing?

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see how Crosby plays and see Malkin's (Knee?) works out.

I hate the Pens, and can honestly tell you they dont have a team to win. But somehow they do it.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly, Boston, Pittsburgh, Washington, Buffalo, NJ, NY Rangers are probably the favorites for playoff spots this year in the East. That leaves Tampa and Montreal, in my mind, as the jokers. Anyone I'm missing?

According to Pix you missed the Wings. :laugh:

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm telling ya. Isles or Panthers are going to make the playoffs this year, I feel it.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really want to see how Crosby plays and see Malkin's (Knee?) works out.

I hate the Pens, and can honestly tell you they dont have a team to win. But somehow they do it.

The depth on the Penguins hasn't been great since the mid-'90s. There's something to be said for star power. You guys should know now that you have a star in Jagr and a superstar in Max Talbot. :thumb:

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The depth on the Penguins hasn't been great since the mid-'90s. There's something to be said for star power. You guys should know now that you have a star in Jagr and a superstar in Max Talbot. :thumb:

Kunitz-Crosby-Sullivan

Neal-Malkin-Kennedy

Cooke-Staal-Dupuis

Asham-Letestu-Adams

I just dont understand how lines like these can be good. You have 3 great centers,and the only other player who appears more than a 3rd or possible 2nd liner is Neal. Or course you have Fleury, but then I still dont really see it in your D either. I like Michalek and Orpik is good, but after them it really seems "bleh"

But like I said you guys still get your shit done, which I credit to a great coach in Bylsma.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina and Montreal on their way down (it appears), but I still think they compete more than the Florida New Panthers and the Isles do. Keep in mind the Isles play the Penguins, Flyers, Devils and Rangers 6 times a year.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kunitz-Crosby-Sullivan

Neal-Malkin-Kennedy

Cooke-Staal-Dupuis

Asham-Letestu-Adams

I just dont understand how lines like these can be good. You have 3 great centers,and the only other player who appears more than a 3rd or possible 2nd liner is Neal. Or course you have Fleury, but then I still dont really see it in your D either. I like Michalek and Orpik is good, but after them it really seems "bleh"

But like I said you guys still get your shit done, which I credit to a great coach in Bylsma.

Neal can be solid when he doesn't have to play both wings (thanks Alexei!). Dupuis is comfortable with Crosby's pace, so you see them together a lot. Kunitz was on pace to be around the 30 goal mark last year without the injuries. Cooke doesn't seem to ever play. Kennedy was on fire when needed.

It's not the typical NHL makeup, but it works for me.

A guy that puts up at least 100 points every complete season that he plays can be surprisingly helpful, heh.