• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Your 3 Picks for 2011-2012 SCF

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are your top 3 picks for possible Stanley Cup Final match-ups in the 2011-2012 season?

I'll put my homerism aside for my first pick...

1. Buffalo Sabres vs. Los Angeles Kings
2. Boston Bruins vs. Vancouver Canucks (just cause that would be epic)
3. Washington Capitals vs. Los Angeles Kings

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree with any of them actually. not even my team. I dont see either of our teams making it out of the second round with the way the teams around them got better and we are coming off a 2 month epic war.

1. Pittsburgh Penguins vs San Jose Sharks - Winner Pittsburgh Penguins
2. Pittsburgh Penguins vs Detroit Red Wings - Winner Pittsburgh Penguins
3. Philadelphia Flyers vs San Jose Sharks - Winner San Jose Sharks

not sure if the rules apply I can pick same teams in different Scenarios. if its not Pitts in the Final from the East it will be Philly IMO

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) Washington vs. San Jose
2) Pittsburgh vs. Detroit (would it really be a surprise at this point?)
3) Tampa Bay vs. Vancouver

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont agree with any of them actually. not even my team. I dont see either of our teams making it out of the second round with the way the teams around them got better and we are coming off a 2 month epic war.

not sure if the rules apply I can pick same teams in different Scenarios. if its not Pitts in the Final from the East it will be Philly IMO

I'd be happy with all three outcomes... unless the Flyers eliminated the Pens on the way to their Finals loss.

4thstreet

You should pay me for being here!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,850.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers vs Kings -(like I would say otherwise)
Bruins vs Kings
Sabres vs Kings

Obviously,I think this is the Kings year for the west.
I think it will be a great year for excitement in the east ( as usual),with lots of contenders.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be happy with all three outcomes... unless the Flyers eliminated the Pens on the way to their Finals loss.

only way they would make the finals is to go through Pitts.

honestly I think if Pitts had Malkin and Crosby the Bruins would not be celebrating a championship this year. but what done is done :(

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have to disagree... For the most part both teams have kept their winning core intact. While many teams around them have indeed gotten better, there is still no chemistry established amongst them, and injuries are always a factor. Many of those teams picked up guys that are great, yes, but fragile. I can definitely see a possible repeat. But I also understand your point. It is way too early, but it's always fun to make predictions.

I def see both the Kings and Sabres making it to their respective Conference Finals. Who the other two teams will be is whats up in the air for me.

Sabres vs. Bruins in the ECF
Kings vs Nucks in the WCF

That would be pretty awesome.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers vs Kings -(like I would say otherwise)
Bruins vs Kings
Sabres vs Kings

Obviously,I think this is the Kings year for the west.
I think it will be a great year for excitement in the east ( as usual),with lots of contenders.

I agree for the most part. I see Sabres, Bruins and then the either Capitals/Flyers as the third possible team. Kings seems like they can be very dominant this season. Like you said, East is going to be real fun this year.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to disagree... For the most part both teams have kept their winning core intact. While many teams around them have indeed gotten better, there is still no chemistry established amongst them, and injuries are always a factor. Many of those teams picked up guys that are great, yes, but fragile. I can definitely see a possible repeat. But I also understand your point. It is way too early, but it's always fun to make predictions.

I def see both the Kings and Sabres making it to their respective Conference Finals. Who the other two teams will be is whats up in the air for me.

Sabres vs. Bruins in the ECF
Kings vs Nucks in the WCF

That would be pretty awesome.

no I agree that our cores are still intact but I think it will be a major battle for both to just get out of October and November before finding their legs for a run. I think the Kings goaltending is their big question mark. I know quick is good but still young and needs to lose some more in the playoffs before finding that extra gear to win. I also think that unless my Canucks come up Massive in the playoffs from the Defense to the Forwards they wont be able to overcome Luongos shortcomings so Im not putting any stock into our Core being able to repeat to get back. yours... yes but Philly and Pitts are going to be massive this year.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no I agree that our cores are still intact but I think it will be a major battle for both to just get out of October and November before finding their legs for a run. I think the Kings goaltending is their big question mark. I know quick is good but still young and needs to lose some more in the playoffs before finding that extra gear to win. I also think that unless my Canucks come up Massive in the playoffs from the Defense to the Forwards they wont be able to overcome Luongos shortcomings so Im not putting any stock into our Core being able to repeat to get back. yours... yes but Philly and Pitts are going to be massive this year.

Philly is a massive gamble... They can be awesome or bust. I agree on Pitt of course with their duo coming back, I hold Buffalo over Philly for sure right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pens
Caps
Sabres

Kings
Canucks
Sharks

Mix em and match em hwoever you want, but i think those are the top 3 teams in each conference, in order

Last edited by a moderator:

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i gotta disagree with ya sly, and probably annoy bruins fans everywhere, but i dont see them has top 3 in the east.. i dont think thomas will repeat his godly season this year and i think that takes them down a few pegs.. especially considering how much better the pens, caps, and sabres got

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True... And def doesn't piss anyone off, but so long as Thomas stays healthy he will be lights out, I have faith in that. He won the Vezina last year, season before that he was injured, and won the Vezina before that. If our PP actually exists and our Defense can show up (now Kaberle is gone, thank god) then I see us as a top 4 team (If the Sabres take the NE).

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm way too excited for this season now. I'm surprised no one has mentioned the Rangers. It's seems like there are a lot of analysts drooling over them. I don't see it, but I've heard a lot.

Washington looks like the dominant team in the East to me. It's great to have Malkin and Crosby back for the Penguins, but another Cup for them this soon is icing on the cake. A Cup for the Caps validates the careers of their stars. It'll be interesting to see how hungry they are. Boston showed last year that hunger can overcome superstars, hot goalies and home ice.

SLY

Mr. Knowitall
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Goalies and defense does the trick... Buffalo has got that now. With the addition of Ehrhoff and Regehr, their defense is pretty intimidating. Of course they have Miller in net as well. Leino adds to their offense... They're gonna be no joke.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly is a massive gamble... They can be awesome or bust. I agree on Pitt of course with their duo coming back, I hold Buffalo over Philly for sure right now.

no argument here on being a gamble I could easily replace Philly with Buffalo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Goalies and defense does the trick... Buffalo has got that now. With the addition of Ehrhoff and Regehr, their defense is pretty intimidating. Of course they have Miller in net as well. Leino adds to their offense... They're gonna be no joke.

Totally forgot about Regher too.

I see them in the second round though. Up front they still don't have it. It would surprise me to see them make it the the ECF.

I got BOS, PIT and WAS as the top 3 from the east. With PHI being a huge wild card.

West SJS, VAN, LA with ANA possibly sneaking in (with a healthy Hiller)