• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Young QB debate - RWill stats vs ALuck stats

CakesW

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I clearly defined what I meant.

Aikman was a QB who when asked to pass in the 25-30 range, he was more effective than when he was when asked to throw considerably more than that.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I clearly defined what I meant.

Aikman was a QB who when asked to pass in the 25-30 range, he was more effective than when he was when asked to throw considerably more than that.

Gotchya. "and that clearly is good company" made me question your point.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's certainly going to be entertaining seeing how things play out. The NFL has been blessed with a bevy of young, talented QBs. Its going to lead to great debates for years to come.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, lack of height was a concern, WAS.
I saw NO evidence of that (lack of height hurting RW) at all last year.
I also saw RW not getting hit when he ran.
I saw RW shine when he was allowed to do so. The 1st couple of games, don't judge that.
Oh, but Kaep only played 10 games and excelled, sure, those 1.5 seasons in training added nothing?
I was pleased with every aspect of RW's game and love his sure growth (ha, not in height) as a player.

Go Hawks.

SeattleOspreys

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cardinals are the best organization in Baseball Osprey... I don't even think it's close right now. I could live with, or pass on Garza... he doesn't really impress me that much...

And I don't subscribe to the "we don't need a bullpen" sentiments...

I'm in the "if you don't have a bullpen, you don't have ANYTHING" camp. Always have been.

I expect the D'backs to obtain Garza any minute now....

I think the Cardinals will be 100% fine without a move...

They will probably make a small tweak, but we have virtually everything we need right now... especially when you consider what we have done in the farm system waiting...

Yeah, I think STL has the best organization right now and why we can withstand the loss of Pujols, Carp out, Loshe, Motte, Garcia and re-tool with no sweat.

I was typing quickly. I didn't mean we "don't need a bullpen". I meant we don't need to spend resources to add to our bullpen. We're fine in that area, as long as Matheny figures out how to use them.

I was confident in 2011 that we could win it all, right at the time STL played the Braves 3 straight and swept 'em. Right now, we don't have the starting pitching to win it all or get to the W.S. and I fully expect Mozeliak to find a SP, I just don't know who? Lynn and Westbrook are way too inconsistent and
relying on Shelby? Tough... Cards are the best fundamental and clutch hitting team but...

The trade for Ricky Nolasco is going to put the Dodgers over the top. You throw Kershaw, Greinke and Nolasco in a series with a 4th of Ryu? :L

The Dodgers are going to continue to explode and once they make the playoffs, they're going to be the favorites if the Birds don't get another starting arm. Don't like to be pessimistic but you have to prognosticate and Mozeliak knows it. He got multiple arms in 2011 and it's time to follow suit in 2013, even if it's a rental.