• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yep another poll : CBS ranks the fanbase:

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we established that the redskins have the longest sellout streak, are they not affected by all the teams in the area?

Thinking about it a little more I think the population density is moot. Selling out 70,000 seats should not be difficult when you have at least a 2.8 million population (Denver: 2,814,000; Baltimore: 2,797,000) in the greater metro area. That is only 2.5% of population buying a seat.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats in the top 5 is pure bs. They are the worst fan base and @HammerDown educated me

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You sure it wasn't these guys in the Green and Yellow:

20140119112110-1382309_10151725472369895_2111706085_n.jpg

Dude on right is jacked and sexy

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I missed the point of your map then that you posted...Maybe I should have you explain that first because it might clean up this confusion.

My point is that the Denver Broncos are the only game around for a tremendous amount of people which helps two things:

1. TV viewership - obviously

2. Attendance

Pointing out that Baltimore is closer to DC (than say Colorado Springs is to Denver) while ignoring the fact that DC has a football team (that plays in Maryland) is ridiculous. Actually...DC had 12 years to grab fans from the Baltimore area (in between the Colts and Ravens).

I understand that many people need to travel to see the Broncos, but if Denver is closest, Denver is closest. It's either that or don't follow an NFL team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point is that the Denver Broncos are the only game around for a tremendous amount of people which helps two things:

2. Attendance

Pointing out that Baltimore is closer to DC (than say Colorado Springs is to Denver) while ignoring the fact that DC has a football team (that plays in Maryland) is ridiculous. Actually...DC had 12 years to grab fans from the Baltimore area (in between the Colts and Ravens).

I understand that many people need to travel to see the Broncos, but if Denver is closest, Denver is closest. It's either that or don't follow an NFL team.

Few things wrong with this though

1) I have already shown you that population in the area is not that much higher even when you start including all the other areas. I mean it takes for even just a 150 mile radius area on the East Coast about 3-4 states around Colorado to make up that kind of population.

2) TV Viewership is not any higher again because there are not more people in the area. TV Viewership does not go off of land mass. It goes off tvs actually tuned into the game. If anything Baltimore is greatly helped in their area. They have a huge population and the teams surrounding them are NFC teams that would be fighting for viewership. For Baltimore they get to pull from a much larger population for their games in the area because they are not fighting with the NFC teams. So that means most likely on a given Sunday that CBS will be showing Baltimore games not only in Baltimore but Philly and DC and the surrounding area. Much much larger population to pull from than the Broncos even when you include 3-4 states around them.

I'm just going to stop there because you honestly just keep contradicting yourself.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These things always seem laughable. Such as Raiders at 6. They have had trouble selling out their stadium for years now. In fact they have had a bottom-5 in the league percentage of seats sold per game for quite a few years. So to say they have the 6th best fans when they can't even get them to come to the game just doesn't make much sense. Yes ticket sales are up for this upcoming season but that doesn't erase years of fans just not caring or wanting to go to games.

I pretty much stopped when I saw that.
You have a point.

But the fans that do still go to Raiders games, at home. Will stab you.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions at number 24 is a joke ... the Lions sell out Ford Field every weekend and the bars are full when the Lions play. We are some pretty damn loyal fans ... we need a Super Bowl in Detroit!!!!

lions_playoff_wins.jpg
We go to games. And get drunk at bars while watching games we don't go to.

But do most of us really plan on seeing a win? Or defend the 53 fuck nuts on the roster just because they're on the Lions? No.

Does that make us a good fan base? No.

Does that make us look forward to spring training sometime between Thanksgiving and December 3rd? Yes, yes it does.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a point.

But the fans that do still go to Raiders games, at home. Will stab you.

Well that is why I am not planning on going there any time soon.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

2. Attendance

Wyoming, definitely Broncos country.

All 38 football fans in that state.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Few things wrong with this though

1) I have already shown you that population in the area is not that much higher even when you start including all the other areas. I mean it takes for even just a 150 mile radius area on the East Coast about 3-4 states around Colorado to make up that kind of population.

2) TV Viewership is not any higher again because there are not more people in the area. TV Viewership does not go off of land mass. It goes off tvs actually tuned into the game. If anything Baltimore is greatly helped in their area. They have a huge population and the teams surrounding them are NFC teams that would be fighting for viewership. For Baltimore they get to pull from a much larger population for their games in the area because they are not fighting with the NFC teams. So that means most likely on a given Sunday that CBS will be showing Baltimore games not only in Baltimore but Philly and DC and the surrounding area. Much much larger population to pull from than the Broncos even when you include 3-4 states around them.

I'm just going to stop there because you honestly just keep contradicting yourself.

According to you:

DC is 45 mins. away from Baltimore - huge factor in Ravens' attendance.

DC actually has an NFL football team - doesn't mean a damn thing.

:L

Yes...stopping there is a good idea.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, when you look at the map we really are all alone up here in the PNW... Denver owns the center of the country and the East coast is a football hub....

Actually, I was in Salt Lake couple weeks back, and walking through the sports stores down there and there was more Seahawk merchandise then Broncos... Which I found intresting

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to you:

DC is 45 mins. away from Baltimore - huge factor in Ravens' attendance.

DC actually has an NFL football team - doesn't mean a damn thing.

:L

Yes...stopping there is a good idea.

No I said the population in the area compared to the huge area you pointed toward surrounding Denver without an NFL team doesn't really make your argument any better. Not a huge population where the East Coast has a majority of the country's population. So yes there should be more teams on the East Coast since there are more teams. There is a reason the NFL is not looking to put another team in the area around the Broncos because the population doesn't lend well to supporting 2 NFL teams. Where in the Baltimore/DC area it easily can.

And DC having a football team does mean something just not as much as you are trying to make it out to be. Is every person in DC a Redskins fan? If that were the case then yes I could understand your argument a bit more but I doubt every one of them are Redskins fans. In fact I bet there are quite a few Ravens fans in that city.

Now like I said for viewership it doesn't really mean too much considering they would be on opposite networks so if anything having DC in the area helps Baltimore out in viewership more so than hurts them.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another list to wipe your ass with IMO, but some comments since I'm bored:

Amazing how Dallas fans are bandwagon fans and at the same time "living in the past" and "haven't won anything in decades". How does that work exactly:noidea:
The best part about these polls to me is how they burn up the Cowboy haters!!!:lol:

You want to talk crazy, how the Hell are the Eagles in the top 10? Probably about the worst fans in the league. Anything even in the top top 20 is just insane. i'd say 28, right in front of redskin fans
Are you crazy? Phila fans bleed Eagles green. I have been to Jerry World and there were quite a few fans from the opponent there. In Phila, you will see some, but not many. I went to a Monday Night Game against the Dolphins a few years ago, the stadium was about 1/3 Eagles fans.

Of all the places I have lived, I would say the greatest fans are the Bronco fans. On Game Day, you can't go anywhere and not see Bronco jerseys, shirts etc... They love teir Broncos.

Eagles fans love their team but will not put up with slacker players.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we established that the redskins have the longest sellout streak, are they not affected by all the teams in the area?

Thinking about it a little more I think the population density is moot. Selling out 70,000 seats should not be difficult when you have at least a 2.8 million population (Denver: 2,814,000; Baltimore: 2,797,000) in the greater metro area. That is only 2.5% of population buying a seat.

A. As I stated in a prior post, the Redskins were helped by 12 years of Baltimore not having a team. If it didn't matter whether Baltimore had a team or not, I wonder why Jack Kent Cooke was in the pocket of Paul Tagliabue to keep a team out of Baltimore.

B. This didn't start as exclusively being about stadium attendance.

C. Just to reiterate...I wasn't minimizing the Broncos' fan base. They have a great fan base.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, I was in Salt Lake couple weeks back, and walking through the sports stores down there and there was more Seahawk merchandise then Broncos... Which I found intresting
Didn't realize there's more Homos than Mormons?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah I can imagine a lot of Seahawks fans are in the surrounding area's ... Alaska, Montana,Portland, Idaho... Some might trickle into Utah ... :]

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A. As I stated in a prior post, the Redskins were helped by 12 years of Baltimore not having a team. If it didn't matter whether Baltimore had a team or not, I wonder why Jack Kent Cooke was in the pocket of Paul Tagliabue to keep a team out of Baltimore.

B. This didn't start as exclusively being about stadium attendance.

C. Just to reiterate...I wasn't minimizing the Broncos' fan base. They have a great fan base.

I took your initial comment for what it was, not a shot at the broncos fan base. This whole thread has me wondering if you can attempt to rank fan bases. I think once you hit top 10 it becomes splitting hairs.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole thread has me wondering if you can attempt to rank fan bases.

What is the 32nd ranked fan base in this article (I won't read it)? Whatever it is, it's a huge slap to the face of a lot of great football fans (which every fan base has plenty of). For that reason alone, I won't give any article like it the time of day.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the 32nd ranked fan base in this article (I won't read it)? Whatever it is, it's a huge slap to the face of a lot of great football fans (which every fan base has plenty of). For that reason alone, I won't give any article like it the time of day.
It should be the LA Rams. But I'm guessing it isnt.

Great Dayne

I was right even if you believe I was wrong
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh great, an article of judging fan bases off a few analysts opinions. Here's facts of why the GB fan base is superior to all sports teams (football basketball, baseball, etc.)

1.) Packers stadium has been sold out in every game since 1960 so most of you weren't even born at this time.

2.) The wait list for season tickets is 955 years. They're guaranteed to sell out for nearly a millennium.

3.) Packers fans are the owners. No other major professional team is owned by the fans of the team. So, this give us the right to say "we" when we are talking about the Packers.

IMO we have a better following than any other team and it feels like every city I've been to they have a bar just for Packers fans.

Packers season tickets worth the wait - 955 years for some on the list

As for the other teams

Steelers are the refs team
Patriots will always be the cheatriots and their blind fans defend them no matter how much evidence their is against them
Dallass is the Medias team
Seahawks: the rainy city pigeon bitches are the best bandwagon fans ever. They didn't even know there was an NFL team in Seattle until Iron Make came to Sea Town.

Denver should be #2 and Cheifs fans should be ranked #3