• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yep another poll : CBS ranks the fanbase:

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I moved and have been getting settled in with my new job. I've never been a big offseason poster. I have occasionally posted on the politics board. Yep, I've heard many fans of other teams never felt more welcome than when coming to GB. It's like the opposite of going to Oakland, SF, Giants, or Philly. I'm going to GB to watch the Texans and Seahawks games. Hopefully they don't have those old and cold bench seats anymore.
Yep they still have them. But you can rent a seat cushion pretty cheap as you walk in. You'll want one because you likely know GB fans sit and don't stand during the game. It gives everybody a good view that way.
Enjoy the games.
Century Link in Seattle is quickly joining the likes of Oak, SF. Not on the same level as Philly though.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cowboys at #1 make sense, they do have a passionate fanbase.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh? As I pointed out in another reply lots of folks root for teams that are not in their geographic area (especially kids). Some of them are transplants & others just simply root for teams since they are successful or have certain players on their roster. Successful teams will be on national TV almost all of the time. You can also view any NFL team via Sunday Ticket or a visit to the local sports bar. This isn't the 80s.

This is proven by going to just about any other of the country and seeing tons of fans for teams like the Steelers, Packers, Pats & Cowboys as well as up & comers with marquee players such as the Panthers. You also have to remember that lots of people don't have the resources to attend NFL games even if the stadium is in their backyard. Therefore - proximity is not that big of a deal.

This is being made into way bigger deal than I intended. Let me ask a question:

Would it be easier for the Ravens to draw fans from the DC area if DC didn't have a football team??? I'm not sure how anyone would say no. I know first hand that it would be, because I saw numerous people flock to the Redskins when the Colts left town. Why do you think Jack Kent Cooke was in Tagliabue's pocket when it came time to award expansion franchises? He obviously wanted to keep a team out of Baltimore. I'm not sure why it's so hard for a few people to grasp this concept.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they even made a movie about them. Brokeback Mountain. I can't quit you G &G
The movie was called North Dallas Forty and not your personal favorite Broke-back Mountain. I won't condemn you just because you are light in the loafers. :D