• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

yeah okay pete....

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And besides, anyone whose team is coached by Nick Saban calling another teams coach a liar would just be too funny!!:whistle:

Let's be honest...what coach doesn't lie?

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what he did or didn't do but just seems to me the best policy would be to stay quiet and just be supportive of the current staff. These kind of headlines aren't good for anyone.

:agree:

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. But it was a 'Bama fan that "fired the first shot". Just thought I'd shoot back a little.:lol:

Ahh well all in good fun lol sure would love to see my boys take on the Trojans in 2016...here's to hoping it happens:suds:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh well all in good fun lol sure would love to see my boys take on the Trojans in 2016...here's to hoping it happens:suds:

I agree. Really hoping that game happens!! I hope to be there if it does.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's be honest...what coach doesn't lie?

In the case of Saban, it's not just coach, it's any human on the planet.

It's basically like some reporting showing up at your work place and being like - "are you going to take this other job", while you are still trying to work with the company, the people inside it and trying to meet a deadline of sorts.

What could he actually say? Oh yeah, fuck the dolphins, I'm so out of here - but please guys, play hard next week? Everyone in the world would give the same answers - no. You have no choice.

It's just bad journalism that they even ask coaches those questions.

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's basically like some reporting showing up at your work place and being like - "are you going to take this other job", while you are still trying to work with the company, the people inside it and trying to meet a deadline of sorts.

What could he actually say? Oh yeah, fuck the dolphins, I'm so out of here - but please guys, play hard next week? Everyone in the world would give the same answers - no. You have no choice.

Agree 100%. I know I'm a homer, but I don't think he did anything wrong he just said the wrong thing and the media and everyone who hates him ran with it. And he's admitted he could have handled it differently. That's why I believed him when he said he wasn't going to Texas last year (I'll admit it crossed my mind that he would/could leave) but deep down I believed him.

As far as the media, I love Coach Saban's press conferences. I think its hilarious to hear his answers at all the press conferences.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a sleaze ball, but he is great at what he does and maybe that's all that matters when it comes to coaching.

Initiative baby... the American way. Got out while the getting was good. Smart move on his part, but he shouldn't blow smoke up everyone's asses on why he left.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None. But it was a 'Bama fan that "fired the first shot". Just thought I'd shoot back a little.:lol:

Fired the first shot? How so? Here's my comment.

My take is there is no way to prove he is lying or not. What i do find funny is why even comment on it, even if asked. At this point its his word we have to take and that will fall on the perception and likes of those hearing the words. Personally I could see him bolting for greener pastures and escaping the hell that can be sanctions, but again, thats just my personal view on it.

I dont see where I could possibly have called him a liar in this section. the following was posted in the thought that if I was like every other fan on this site and what they would do to keep a thread rolling...I you know, a troll post.

Now if I did like others on this site i would call him a fuckin liar and that he got USC in trouble with his loose coaching style and then bolted when the water got hot....but I'm not one to cast stones or agree with another team for the sake of keeping an argument alive like some who post on here are

Now if you read this you will see that if I wanted to throw barbs and be a troll thats what I would do, but I clearly didnt do that in my first section, which was my thoughts on the subject.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guy is a sleaze ball, but he is great at what he does and maybe that's all that matters when it comes to coaching.

Initiative baby... the American way. Got out while the getting was good. Smart move on his part, but he shouldn't blow smoke up everyone's asses on why he left.

Maybe you could give us an example on how he's a sleaze ball, or are you just shooting from the hip?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fired the first shot? How so? Here's my comment.

I dont see where I could possibly have called him a liar in this section. the following was posted in the thought that if I was like every other fan on this site and what they would do to keep a thread rolling...I you know, a troll post.

Now if you read this you will see that if I wanted to throw barbs and be a troll thats what I would do, but I clearly didnt do that in my first section, which was my thoughts on the subject.

Check post #3 and I said a 'Bama fan, I didn't say YOU.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knew that Pete would some day get back to the NFL it was just a matter of when. People forget that he came back to the NFL as one if not,the oldest coach in the league so his window was closing and while i don;t believe he knew the severity I do think he knew they were getting close to coming down with sanctions. So When Seattle gave him everything he wanted at the perfect time he did the right thing for him and took his talents to the NFL. Nick Saban can only dream of that happening and probably will do it too (bolt for one last shot at NFL greatness). He left for millions more and all the power in the NFL.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knew that Pete would some day get back to the NFL it was just a matter of when. People forget that he came back to the NFL as one if not,the oldest coach in the league so his window was closing and while i don;t believe he knew the severity I do think he knew they were getting close to coming down with sanctions. So When Seattle gave him everything he wanted at the perfect time he did the right thing for him and took his talents to the NFL. Nick Saban can only dream of that happening and probably will do it too (bolt for one last shot at NFL greatness). He left for millions more and all the power in the NFL.

So tell us then, which current NFL team do you see ponying p the kind of cheese it will take to break the grip Bama has on him.. Let me help you a bit, Saban makes 6.9 mil per yer currently and is under contact through 2022. Only Shanahan at 7 mil per and Belichik at 7.5 mil per are better paid. Bama gives him the run of the program, he only answers to Battle and thats only on matters that pertain to certain issues. Now I'm not saying its entirely impossible one will be foolish enough to offer a man in his 60's that opportunity, but its highly unlikely based on what he currently makes and what it will take to get him to uproot his entire life.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tell us then, which current NFL team do you see ponying p the kind of cheese it will take to break the grip Bama has on him.. Let me help you a bit, Saban makes 6.9 mil per yer currently and is under contact through 2022. Only Shanahan at 7 mil per and Belichik at 7.5 mil per are better paid. Bama gives him the run of the program, he only answers to Battle and thats only on matters that pertain to certain issues. Now I'm not saying its entirely impossible one will be foolish enough to offer a man in his 60's that opportunity, but its highly unlikely based on what he currently makes and what it will take to get him to uproot his entire life.

The fact that he failed in his previous stint just like Pete did is what will probably make saban give it (the NFL) another shot. Pete got paid more but it was the lure of winning at the highest level and having total control not so much the money that got him to take it. With the money teams make I don't see why some team couldn't offer Nick 10 mil a year to take the reigns. bama doesn't have a grip on Nick. He's not loyal . He's there as long as he wants to be and he could pick up and leave just like he did at MSU and LSU. Don't be delusional and not realize he's got no problem uprooting.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

To kind of piggy back on socaljim's point. It's about ego with these guys. Pete Carroll was considered a "failed NFL coach". However, in Pete's mind (because of ego) he felt that he wasn't given a fair shot and that with "total control" would have been much more successful in the NFL.

He goes to USC, has a great run, lays out his terms for a return to the NFL and waits, Seattle decided to take a chance on giving him what he required. It has worked out quite nicely for them.

Nick Saban is also considered a "failed NFL coach". He also has an ego that likely tells him the same thing that Pete Carroll's ego told him. Saban has also had a great run at Alabama. It is not inconceivable that he might want another shot at the NFL, especially given the success that Pete Carroll has had this time around.

The one difference that I can see is that I haven't heard many rumors of Saban returning to the NFL and to my knowledge, he has never laid out the terms that would get him to return like Pete did. But I'd be willing to bet that if a team offered Saban what Seattle gave Carroll, he'd have a very difficult time turning it down.

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well what he shouldn't have said was that he wasn't going to be the coach at Alabama, and to say everyone would lie like that is a lie itself.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well what he shouldn't have said was that he wasn't going to be the coach at Alabama, and to say everyone would lie like that is a lie itself.

You know it dawns on me that Saban has himself made statements to this effect. He regrets the way it all went down in Miami, but he also feels that he didnt lie about the situation. He stated that when he answered the questions to the press he was not going to be the coach at Alabama and that only after he was made an offer too good to pass up that he changed his mind. Now we only have his word to go on, but he is on record as stating that he didnt like the way the Miami situation happened.

Now the last part I can assure you that the majority of the people, if placed in a similar situation, would make a similar statement that Saban made. You have no idea until put into that kind of pressure cooker what will come out of your mouth. Not saying what he said was the correct way to handle it, but it certainly is not comparable to whopping lies being told by high ranking officials that are elected to office in today's government.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You ever heard of a guy named Urban Meyer?