• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

yeah okay pete....

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tumblr_llqeid7Lfv1qkzuteo1_500.gif

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He moved up to the NFL, a job many college coaches want and would take regardless of the circumstances. So I couldn't say for sure he "ran".

If he had gone to another college, I'd be all over the liar stuff.

But I'm not 100% sold that he would have stayed if the sanctions had happened with the opportunity of the NFL as well. I can buy that he took the opportunity without the sanctions being a factor, but I have a tough time swallowing the staying part.

Chip Kelly - he ran and/or was pushed. But it was beneficial to Oregon since the sanctions revolved around him personally.

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douche bags…. You all said PC left because he knew shit was coming down, go snort a butt hair..

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I immediately regret posting anything in support of PC.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know what he did or didn't do but just seems to me the best policy would be to stay quiet and just be supportive of the current staff. These kind of headlines aren't good for anyone.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Douche bags…. You all said PC left because he knew shit was coming down, go snort a butt hair..

Yeah, just like Calipari was just stepping up in program, he wasn't trying to dodge his sanctions.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12!! Is going to blow a gasket when he sees this....

:behindsofa:

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rofl:

Petey leaving USC in '10: :bolt:

Last edited by a moderator:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TF12!! Is going to blow a gasket when he sees this....

:behindsofa:

Nothing to blow a gasket over. People will believe him or not based on their own view.

What I know is that from his 2nd season on, there was speculation every season that he was going back to the NFL. To stop the constant speculation and questions (which were starting to affect recruiting), he stated what it would take for him to return:

1.) A LOT of money.
2.) West Coast team.
3.) Complete control of personnel.

No one believed that he would get all of that until Seattle gave him all 3. As he said, Seattle basically made him an offer that was too good to pass up.

Do I think that he knew how harsh the sanctions would be? No. I don't think anyone did. Seems like pretty much everyone was shocked at how harsh they were.

Do I think he would have left anyway if he had known how bad they were going to be? I honestly don't know. I'll take him at his word, but with the caveat that that's an awful lot to walk away from sanctions or not.

As 4d20 said, if he had left for another college, I would absolutely think that he "skipped town ahead of the posse". But considering it was the NFL and he was offered exactly what he said that it would take to get him, it makes what he said more believable.

End of the day, it was 5 years ago, this is the last year of sanctions, so we move forward.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't buy Carroll's statement for a second. Even the most casual observer of the Bush fiasco knew the NCAA was going to nail us. Carroll should simply man up and be honest about why he left.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to blow a gasket over. People will believe him or not based on their own view.

What I know is that from his 2nd season on, there was speculation every season that he was going back to the NFL. To stop the constant speculation and questions (which were starting to affect recruiting), he stated what it would take for him to return:

1.) A LOT of money.
2.) West Coast team.
3.) Complete control of personnel.

No one believed that he would get all of that until Seattle gave him all 3. As he said, Seattle basically made him an offer that was too good to pass up.

Do I think that he knew how harsh the sanctions would be? No. I don't think anyone did. Seems like pretty much everyone was shocked at how harsh they were.

Do I think he would have left anyway if he had known how bad they were going to be? I honestly don't know. I'll take him at his word, but with the caveat that that's an awful lot to walk away from sanctions or not.

As 4d20 said, if he had left for another college, I would absolutely think that he "skipped town ahead of the posse". But considering it was the NFL and he was offered exactly what he said that it would take to get him, it makes what he said more believable.

End of the day, it was 5 years ago, this is the last year of sanctions, so we move forward.

I think there were two red flags indicating that the NCAA was going to nail us. One, Mike Garrett was an ass wipe through the entire process and acted as though USC was above reproach. Two, the fact that the investigation took so long, almost demanded that the NCAA justified the length of their investigation by slamming SC with stiff sanctions. The biggest mistake made was Garrett throwing the basketball program under the bus, and hoping that the NCAA would simply leave the football program with a slap on the wrist. He was an idiot.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is there is no way to prove he is lying or not. What i do find funny is why even comment on it, even if asked. At this point its his word we have to take and that will fall on the perception and likes of those hearing the words. Personally I could see him bolting for greener pastures and escaping the hell that can be sanctions, but again, thats just my personal view on it.

Now if I did like others on this site i would call him a fuckin liar and that he got USC in trouble with his loose coaching style and then bolted when the water got hot....but I'm not one to cast stones or agree with another team for the sake of keeping an argument alive like some who post on here are:whistle:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there were two red flags indicating that the NCAA was going to nail us. One, Mike Garrett was an ass wipe through the entire process and acted as though USC was above reproach. Two, the fact that the investigation took so long, almost demanded that the NCAA justified the length of their investigation by slamming SC with stiff sanctions. The biggest mistake made was Garrett throwing the basketball program under the bus, and hoping that the NCAA would simply leave the football program with a slap on the wrist. He was an idiot.

No question about it. I hated the Garrett hire when it first happened. The only thing he did right in his whole tenure was hire Pete Carroll and even that was pure luck and coincidence.

Don't know if Pete knew how bad it was going to be or not and don't care. I'm willing to take him at his word until I see something that proves different.

Either way, like I said, what the Seahawks gave him was an awful lot to turn down. Sanctions or not.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My take is there is no way to prove he is lying or not. What i do find funny is why even comment on it, even if asked. At this point its his word we have to take and that will fall on the perception and likes of those hearing the words. Personally I could see him bolting for greener pastures and escaping the hell that can be sanctions, but again, thats just my personal view on it.

Now if I did like others on this site i would call him a fuckin liar and that he got USC in trouble with his loose coaching style and then bolted when the water got hot....but I'm not one to cast stones or agree with another team for the sake of keeping an argument alive like some who post on here are:whistle:

And besides, anyone whose team is coached by Nick Saban calling another teams coach a liar would just be too funny!!:whistle:

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And besides, anyone whose team is coached by Nick Saban calling another teams coach a liar would just be too funny!!:whistle:

So :lame: really, Nick a liar, had to really go out on a limb there huh?:L

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I actually agree with this. I think Garrett treated SC basketball the way the North Carolina athletic director treated NC football. Up till now, it's worked for NC basketball. It will be interesting to see if that continues in light of the recent allegations at NC.