• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yanks, Knicks lose, Orb wins

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering who it was who still watched the Simpsons...

Apparently Rock is the guy..

I seriously haven't watched that show since I was in 8th grade...

I never miss it. Sunday nights the only time I really watch TV other than sports.Simpsons, Family Guy etc...get baked, watch cartoons

just like my youte

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
his last 4 games

melos missed 75 shots

if you ever wonder why he rarely gets to round 2, theres your answer[

"rarely" made me laugh

didnt he get there once before, or was this his first time in round 2?

75 shots

4 games

a blind kid with one arm could probably miss fewer

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pulled shields no CG

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didnt he get there once before, or was this his first time in round 2?

75 shots

4 games

a blind kid with one arm could probably miss fewer

No, first time. He was the difference Friday once the Celtics cut it to 5, but I agree, Mike Woodson is an observer on offense, he has no clue. Raymond Felton has been great and gets phased out of the offense far too often. And Shumpert should be cutting into JR Smiths minutes

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rock

Google "middlefield police shooting" and check out that video

Lord Scalious

Shut up World
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kicking myself! Had machado and hardy in fanduel but chickened out.

Hardy offensively is terrible most of the time. (.244 OBP) But every time he actually gets a hit its usually really productive...

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,405.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tie game infielder blows it

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quick tangent …

Like everyone else from Boston, I couldn't get over the horror of last month's bombing when it happened. I couldn't stop thinking about the dead, and the injured, and the poor children who were unlucky enough to be involved. I couldn't shake the fear that Marathon Monday had been ruined, that the race couldn't function the same way, that Boston's most sacred day had been forever altered. Deep down, I was thinking the same thing that every parent who ever watched the marathon from the finish line was thinking: That could have been me and my kid. You couldn't help it.

But within a few hours, in the middle of all that grief and anguish and disbelief, something special started happening. Everything I love about Boston came bubbling to the surface. When the videos of the bombings started trickling out, you could see locals running toward the carnage instead of away from it. Stories of heroism started emerging, one after the other, more and more people who risked their lives to save others. A resilient attitude took hold: We're having the marathon next year, and not only that, it's gonna be the biggest one ever. To anyone who thinks they can mess with that … FUCK YOU. (Something David Ortiz tapped into perfectly with his delightful Fenway speech. This is our fuckin' city.) This was Boston at its provincial best, the ultimate irrational confidence city, the people who kicked out the British once upon a time. When things turned surreal three days later — the shootouts, the lockdown, everything — the locals celebrated the end of the ordeal on Friday night, and then on Saturday at the Red Sox game. They drank and they cried and they cheered. The city was different, but stronger.

And if you knew anything about Boston, you knew sports would factor into the healing process. An emotional, crowd-fueled national anthem during that first Bruins home game helped, as did the "Hallelujah" tribute before that Saturday Red Sox game, and Daniel Nava's game-winning home run, too. Like everyone else, I found myself hoping a depleted Celtics team would lift the city — because Pierce understood what that would mean, as did Doc, as did Garnett — but we learned quickly, and regretfully, that they were overmatched. Emotion can take you only so far. You need talent, too.

At some point during those first three games, our motives flipped. Just don't let us get swept. That's what everyone was thinking. Game 3 couldn't have gone worse. The Celtics were creamed in front of an electric crowd that was caged for four quarters. Adding to the ignominy, Smith swung an elbow at Jason Terry's face, decked him, got ejected and defiantly strutted off the Garden floor. He didn't apologize. Even worse, none of the Celtics really jumped to Terry's defense. They were being punked. Or so it seemed. And that's how Can we pull it off? turned into Just don't let us get swept.

Game 4 was magical. They didn't get swept. They pulled it out in overtime, at home, with the two true Celtics leading the way. If that was their last home game, then great. Perfect way to go out. We won a title with those guys; we should have won two; we easily could have won three; we mattered for all six. No complaints. That overtime win was enough. We saved face. We were losing Game 5. Probably. There was no way … right?

(So why was I looking forward so much to Game 5?)

You know what happened next. They played 40 good minutes, then somehow held on for the last eight … which took about 10 hours. Every Boston fan fought off flashbacks of Game 7 in 2010, especially when the Knicks cut it to five. Then KG nailed a jumper and that was that. I usually feel dumb rooting for laundry. Not this time. No. 5 and no. 34 mean more than laundry and have for some time. We're always going to remember those guys. They understand what it means to be a Celtic. They understand that Boston fans care about our teams a little too much, that it's part of being from Boston, that it's one of the few places in which the success or failure of the local teams actually affects the overall mood of the entire city. They understand that they aren't playing in Boston as much as playing for Boston. Big difference.

The 2013 Celtics are trying to make history now, but really, they already did. They helped the healing process, helped people move on, helped people feel normal again. They're Boston, strong. And tonight, 18,000 people will walk down that Causeway, hear those "Let's Go Celtics!" chants on the way up the escalators, go bonkers during the inevitable Dave Roberts clip (you know it's coming), and then they'll cheer and clap until their hands are swollen and their voices go hoarse. Hundred of thousands will be watching on television in Massachusetts and the surrounding states, along with transplants spread across the country who'd give anything to be in that building.

I'm one of those people. I will be watching Game 6 from 3,000 miles away, living vicariously through a television set. Win or lose, this will be a great night. The Celtics are still alive.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dirt, that video was sick

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shoulda let Shields finish the game.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, first time. He was the difference Friday once the Celtics cut it to 5, but I agree, Mike Woodson is an observer on offense, he has no clue. Raymond Felton has been great and gets phased out of the offense far too often. And Shumpert should be cutting into JR Smiths minutes

No, this was the second time he made it past the first round.

My take on the Knicks?

Woodson is useless, Smith is overrated, Prigioni is an embarrassment with the way he flops. Shumpert shouldn't be earning an NBA salary until he cuts his hair and looks more fluid dribbling than my father.