• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yanks, Knicks lose, Orb wins

blade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only on Rihanna

Stevie-Nicks-stevie-nicks-21190002-358-500.jpg

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess.. After thinking it through, maybe it's not as far fetched as first glance would indicate.

If I'm Danny Ainge, I take that deal in a half a second.

nice tandem that would be

rondo and griffin...add in green, sullinger...who knows

would be interesting for sure

doubt it happens, but smiths said some weird things before that were ahead of the curve.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's excuse making...Melo was playing one armed...they still won...it's the same BS as last year..."if this...if that...", name one team without an injury to a bench player like Sullinger (insert your chance to over-hype him) or Barbosa

Because we're discussing it in the context of how to move forward. Not in "what if" land.

And when you evaluate what the Celtics have now... or what they had after last year. You have to look at it in the context of "what do I have to work with"

And last year they had a team that was a game from the Finals, a game from beating the Heat... that didn't have Jeff Green or Avery Bradley.

And this year, they had a team that went one and done, looked painful at many points of a playoff series... But still took it to six games and still fought in all but one game..

and did it without their best player (whose absence caused the biggest flaw in the series, lack of ball handling at crucial times and when faced with pressure D) and lack of their second best rebounder (whose absence caused the second biggest flaw in the series, giving up second chance opportunities)

You don't start your plans for the off-season by discounting the fact that you didn't have Rondo and Sullinger for the playoffs. Because you have them moving forward.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see that Carmello has at least one fan in Boston. Way to stick it to LeBron!

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because we're discussing it in the context of how to move forward. Not in "what if" land.

And when you evaluate what the Celtics have now... or what they had after last year. You have to look at it in the context of "what do I have to work with"

And last year they had a team that was a game from the Finals, a game from beating the Heat... that didn't have Jeff Green or Avery Bradley.

And this year, they had a team that went one and done, looked painful at many points of a playoff series... But still took it to six games and still fought in all but one game..

and did it without their best player (whose absence caused the biggest flaw in the series, lack of ball handling at crucial times and when faced with pressure D) and lack of their second best rebounder (whose absence caused the second biggest flaw in the series, giving up second chance opportunities)

You don't start your plans for the off-season by discounting the fact that you didn't have Rondo and Sullinger for the playoffs. Because you have them moving forward.

And all of this...sound EXACTLY like last year...only worse...because it's round 1...

They're a mediocre, old. basketball team that is at least a full season past the expiration date for when it should've been blown the fuck up....

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for fuck's sake Garnett, Pierce and Rivers will NOT all be in Los Angeles next year.

You guys know better!

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice tandem that would be

rondo and griffin...add in green, sullinger...who knows

would be interesting for sure

doubt it happens, but smiths said some weird things before that were ahead of the curve.

If Bledsoe was part of the package, I'm thinking Danny presses to trade Rondo... Still likely in a package for Cousins... I wouldn't want him to do it, but I think that's what he'd do.

Start anew with a fresh set of Twin Towers in Cousins and Griffin. Green at the 3, Bledsoe at point.. Bradley at the 2..

Then sort out the rest of the roster with whatever keeps/trades you do with Sullinger, Terry and Lee.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And all of this...sound EXACTLY like last year...only worse...because it's round 1...

They're a mediocre, old. basketball team that is at least a full season past the expiration date for when it should've been blown the fuck up....

Rondo, Green, Sullinger, Bradley and Lee are all ahead of or just entering their primes...

Aint an "old" team...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo, Green, Sullinger, Bradley and Lee are all ahead of or just entering their primes...

Aint an "old" team...

And 3 of them suck....4 of them have had serious medical/physical issues the past 2 seasons...

It's over...get used to it...with luck, they can go on a nice run like the bUcks hve had the past few years...

Zig

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:hail:

Last edited by a moderator:

gener8tr

Viva El Gordo!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh Kryst. Someone please give the telephone number for the radio station in Boston who carries the Celtics games.

I'm going to call-in with a fake accent, tell the host I work for Century 21 and that my boss just picked-up Blake Griffin at the airport and he's looking at houses in the Beacon Hill area.

Ron Burgundy

I look good...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LMAO... They were 5 minutes from the Finals last year... And probably would have won the title if they got by the Heat...

but it was a mistake to not blow them up prior to that?

Stop talking.

cerealboi

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,620.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh for fuck's sake Garnett, Pierce and Rivers will NOT all be in Los Angeles next year.

You guys know better!

Pure silliness. Nobody is giving away a marquee name (even if somewhat overrated) for two guys on the tail end of their careers and a good coach.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure silliness. Nobody is giving away a marquee name (even if somewhat overrated) for two guys on the tail end of their careers and a good coach.

i just report what stephen a smith says

black francis

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
teams with winning records > red sox

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO... They were 5 minutes from the Finals last year... And probably would have won the title if they got by the Heat...

but it was a mistake to not blow them up prior to that?

Stop talking.

Their "5 minutes from the finals" last year was an aberration...I don't know what else you need to see to convince you...it was a strike shortened year, did you miss Garnett and Pierce breaking down more and more with every game played?

And it was 2 cupcake matchups due to a weak east combined with Rose going down...

It's not going to happen again...they're too old...and too crappy...

Down38st8

Resident Libertarian
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't wait for pete to claim we were all saying it was guaranteed to happen...