• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Yankee fans booing Cano

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we talk about yankee fans for a second. Booing Cano, Chanting "sell out" at him.

Do yankee fans realize the hypocrites they're being?? Do yankee fans realize that every team they've rooted for the past 20 years was filled with guys who went to the highest bidder?

I find it hilarious that ONE time NYY gets out bid, they lose their minds.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Yank$ fans.

Nobody expects them to be anything but slime. They meet expectations consistently.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many teams now spending in the MLB even Yankee players are ripe to be picked. I think there could be more of this ahead should the Yanks farm system develop another player (Cano was last quality player from that system...not sure how long that will be again)

Times change

RaiderZar

Absentem laedit cum ebrio
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With so many teams now spending in the MLB even Yankee players are ripe to be picked. I think there could be more of this ahead should the Yanks farm system develop another player (Cano was last quality player from that system...not sure how long that will be again)

Times change

Can't wait for Seslug to retire & a cap be put in place. :clap: The only 1 of the Big 4 without one.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Times change

I don't know what you define as 'qualify,' but I'd say:

Austin Jackson
Brett Gardner
David Robertson
Ian Kennedy
Tyler Clippard

were all quality players to come out of the Yankee system since Cano...3 of them aren't on the Yankees presently, but they all came from the system.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee fans were not booing cano... They were saying We sold out tonight to see you!!! Yankee fans can not be that stupid to actually boo him... Oh wait...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mariners fans will be booing next.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee fans were not booing cano... They were saying We sold out tonight to see you!!! Yankee fans can not be that stupid to actually boo him... Oh wait...

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE][ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp_S9q9sHWE]Boo-urns - YouTube[/ame]

R.J. MacReady

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for Seslug to retire & a cap be put in place. :clap: The only 1 of the Big 4 without one.

The big stage will stay to big stage and the lure that goes with ..cap or not.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan I am referencing any player that is or could be a top half of the league player and/or one that could get other teams excited. None of those fit.

In comparison, look at the Yanks farm from late 80's and early 90's.

Not sure what took place but they have lost ability to build from within

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stan I am referencing any player that is or could be a top half of the league player and/or one that could get other teams excited. None of those fit.

Jackson and Gardner are "top half of the league" players.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You really think guys like Jackson and Gardner aren't top half players? Jackson is quite similar to guys like Ellsbury and Victorino, and Gardner is not far off from them, so if Jackson's not a top half player in your opinion, then Ellsbury and Victorino probably aren't.

If you were to take their last 4 seasons (excluding any season they barely played), their WARs look like:
Jackson: 4.7 WAR/season
Gardner: 4.4 WAR/season
Victorino: 4.2 WAR/season
Ellsbury: 4.8 WAR/season

So is Shane Victorino a top half player in your eyes? Because if he is, there's not a strong argument that Jackson and Gardner aren't since there's a case that both have been better in recent years.

Last edited by a moderator:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano's wallet just said.

LOOK_AT_ALL_THE_FUCKS_I_GIVE.gif

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a way, it's a credit to what Cano provided to them in the past. He may not have been their premier player or most-loved.. but Yank fans definitely appreciated what he brought for them at the time.

From my look at it, on the outside... I see it as kind of an homage. If the fans did nothing but yawned and thought "oh, another Seattle batter.. who is it? Oh, it's that Robinson Cano guy"... part of me feels like that would be the greater insult.

molsaniceman

I aint drunk Im just drinking
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,327.46
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really think guys like Jackson and Gardner aren't top half players? Jackson is quite similar to guys like Ellsbury and Victorino, and Gardner is not far off from them, so if Jackson's not a top half player in your opinion, then Ellsbury and Victorino probably aren't.

If you were to take their last 4 seasons (excluding any season they barely played), their WARs look like:
Jackson: 4.7 WAR/season
Gardner: 4.4 WAR/season
Victorino: 4.2 WAR/season
Ellsbury: 4.8 WAR/season

So is Shane Victorino a top half player in your eyes? Because if he is, there's not a strong argument that Jackson and Gardner aren't since there's a case that both have been better in recent years.

all depends on what is top half so yes jackson 107+ops and vic 104+ are above average gardner 94+ ops not so much ( those are career numbers not some 4 year cherry picked ones) Ells 108+ so best of the bunch but its more about what he does as a lead off hitter:suds:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yankee fans chanting "You sold out" may go down as the most ironic moment in sports history.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all depends on what is top half so yes jackson 107+ops and vic 104+ are above average gardner 94+ ops not so much ( those are career numbers not some 4 year cherry picked ones) Ells 108+ so best of the bunch but its more about what he does as a lead off hitter:suds:

So you give Ellsbury a boost by saying "it's more about what he does as a leadoff hitter," but what about Gardner, who's been a leadoff hitter for a large portion of his career? For these guys, steals aren't included in their OPS+ so that adds to their value. They all are also pluses on defense, especially Gardner who's been considered an elite defensive player.

Gardner's defense: 'It's a game changer' - Yankees Blog - ESPN New York

So I'd say without question that they're all easily in the top half of players. Players not in the top half of players don't average 4+ WAR seasons over a 3+ year stretch.

StanMarsh51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So if you wanted to get an idea of how good Jason Giambi or Jose Bautista are, you look at career numbers and not what they've done over recent history (past 3 or so years).

Do you still consider CC Sabathia a very good pitcher? Looking at career numbers, you'd think so.

You always take recent history to see how good a player is currently.

$500 Million

Elitist Douche
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Yankee fan for 35 years, but I've never felt genuine shame as a Yankee fan until the idiots at Yankee Stadium Tuesday night let their ignorance be heard loud and clear across the country.

:L

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a Yankee fan for 35 years, but I've never felt genuine shame as a Yankee fan until the idiots at Yankee Stadium Tuesday night let their ignorance be heard loud and clear across the country.

:L

Agreed, any real yankee fan or any yankee fan who is also a baseball fan would never have booed Cano... it is those casual fans that don't know any better...