• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

X-Men 2: Days of Future Past (2014)

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good question

Which Magneto and Prof X do you like better?

Ian Mckellen or Michael Fassbender?

Magnetos2_zps84c5ac77.jpg

Patrick Stewart or James Mcavoy?

ProfXs2_zpsfffd112f.jpg

For me personally, I think Patrick Stewart is as perfect a Charles Xavier/Prof X as you can get. So while I like James Mcavoy's portrayal of Charles Xavier, I don't think Patrick Stewart can ever be topped.

Magneto on the other hand, I think Michael Fassbender has brought a new edge to the character. His on screen presence as Magneto is just so sinister and imposing. I like Mckellen in the role, but I think Fassbender brings much more depth to the character. He also plays Erik Lehnsherr really well. The original 3 xmens we got Magneto the villain, but we never got to truly delve in who the man behind the helmet really was. First Class and Days of Future past does an excellent job with the script telling the story of Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto. And Fassbender completely owns the role.

What do you guys think? Who are your favorites?

Agreed on all counts!

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Fassbender is a much better Magneto. Ian McKellen is a great actor but not the right age or temperament.

Id give the move a solid A- and I can't wait for the next one

No idea how they are going to make Mystique a major player in an Apocalypse plot. Jennifer Lawrence is their most expensive actor going forward so she'll get the 2nd most money behind Hugh Jackman. Wolverine is an easy fit. Mystique is an awkward one.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw it last night. Best movie I've seen in theaters in a long time. Worth seeing in imax 3d for sure.

I've only seen one or two of the other x-men movies so my buddies were telling me I missed a bunch of references, but it was still a very good movie even if you aren't an X-men fan.

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michael Fassbender is a much better Magneto. Ian McKellen is a great actor but not the right age or temperament.

Id give the move a solid A- and I can't wait for the next one

No idea how they are going to make Mystique a major player in an Apocalypse plot. Jennifer Lawrence is their most expensive actor going forward so she'll get the 2nd most money behind Hugh Jackman. Wolverine is an easy fit. Mystique is an awkward one.

Her in that skin tight suit made the movie for me. Pay her whatever she wants.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there comes a point where soo many movies have been released in a franchise, including side character movies that go way out of bounds, that they give up on trying to be perfect with exact continuity with the story line.

Not to mention, this was more similar to the comics than any other x-men movie... And not sure how they could have done it without prof x being alive...

BTW: I loved the little hint by quicksilver hinting that magneto is his father...

And hope the avengers series goes far enough to have him part of it...

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to mention, this was more similar to the comics than any other x-men movie... And not sure how they could have done it without prof x being alive...

BTW: I loved the little hint by quicksilver hinting that magneto is his father...

And hope the avengers series goes far enough to have him part of it...

That was awesome and with Quicksilver having a bigger role in the next one, we may get more of a backstory on it.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really followed the Xmen franchise until the youngins showed up. I admire the movies and character choices chosen by both Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy in their careers. They are both incredibly talented actors and don't sell out just to take on big roles for the payday. This latest enterprise for them was no different. Loved their portrayals and loved the movie.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never really followed the Xmen franchise until the youngins showed up. I admire the movies and character choices chosen by both Michael Fassbender and James McAvoy in their careers. They are both incredibly talented actors and don't sell out just to take on big roles for the payday. This latest enterprise for them was no different. Loved their portrayals and loved the movie.

The wolverine movies were terrible compared to first class and future days... Which makes me wonder if it is just this cast...

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wolverine movies were terrible compared to first class and future days... Which makes me wonder if it is just this cast...

For me, it is definitely the biggest part of it. They are both great character actors and it shows in the quality of the movie. Wasn't really interested in seeing the flicks prior to the current cast, tho I do admire Patrick Stewarts acting chops.

Highly recommend watching Last King of Scotland, Atonement and/or Wanted to anyone who is not familiar with the acting range of James McAvoy. Amazing talent.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wolverine movies had terrible scripts that couldnt be saved by acting.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The wolverine movies had terrible scripts that couldnt be saved by acting.

That's part of my point with regards to quality actors only choosing to do quality scripts vs just a big pay day based on hype. Fassbender and McAvoy are known for being choosy with regards to the roles they portray.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better than Spiderman 2! I loved it.

Yeah, I feel like I've seen more romantic Spiderman scenes than anything. I think there's been more funerals than actual fights so far. The next one better blow these first two out of the water. Those baby talk scenes with Gwen Stacey were cheesey, they're lucky Emma Stone is so hot.

I watched the first 3 plus the wolverine ones and I'm glad that Xmen finally doesn't suck.

Last edited by a moderator:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I feel like I've seen more romantic Spiderman scenes than anything. I think there's been more funerals than actual fights so far. The next one better blow these first two out of the water. Those baby talk scenes with Gwen Stacey were cheesey, they're lucky Emma Stone is so hot.

I watched the first 3 plus the wolverine ones and I'm glad that Xmen finally doesn't suck.

Not sure which was better future days or first class... Either way both of them were great and probably my favorite superhero movie... And I am a huge batman fan...

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure which was better future days or first class... Either way both of them were great and probably my favorite superhero movie... And I am a huge batman fan...

I definitely enjoyed First Class and Days of Future Past but in my opinion I still am giving the edge to The Dark Knight in terms of my favorite superhero movie.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to explain the creative license taken to bring Prof X back to life after Phoenix / Jean Grey clearly turned him into ash.

Quicksilver was a nice add to futures past. Storm once again is aging eye candy. Juno made nice $ by just sitting there with her hands about 18 inches apart.
I'm sure it's not a water tight solution or anything and I haven't gone back to put things together completely, but from what I can figure out, Xavier transferred his consciousness into the body of a comatose patient, as seen in the X-Men 3 post credits scene. Now, he's also the most powerful mental manipulator there is so it's not out of the question that he would simply project the image of the old Xavier into the minds of anyone who sees him, whether his new actual body looks that way or not.

I can live with an explanation like this and it's better than not having Patrick Stewart in any more films.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely enjoyed First Class and Days of Future Past but in my opinion I still am giving the edge to The Dark Knight in terms of my favorite superhero movie.

Dark Knight movies were great too... But the animated DC movies were all better than them... With these x-men movies i had less to compare it too, so i enjoyed it more...

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw it on Monday. It was fine.

I still like X-Men 2 the best of the X-Men films.