• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

X-Men 2: Days of Future Past (2014)

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't decide if I'm more excited for this, Godzilla or Interstellar! If this lives up to its hype and expectations, this could be as good if not better than The Avengers

Last edited by a moderator:

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of all the x-men movies in order of best to worst(IMO)

1. X-men the new class
2. X men 2
3. X-men
4. Wolverine
5. wolverine 2
6. X-men 3

lets hope that this new one is better than the wolverine movies and x-men 3... Will be hard to be better than new class or xmen 2 since those were amazing movies...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following post contains MAJOR SPOILERS

Now that you've been warned, let's talk about...

1) APOCALYPSE!!!

Apocalypse_122013_1280_zpscd25bca1.jpg

For those that don't know, in the comics Apocalypse is the first mutant to ever exist (even though he wasn't introduced until 86). In the post credit scene you hear chants of En Sabah Nur which means "The First One" and directly refers to the young Apocalypse you see in Egypt.

Here's the post credit scene in case any of you missed it

[YOUTUBE]CRMLxUF-BC4[/YOUTUBE]

At the end at about 0:48 in the video, you see Apocalypse's four horsemen (Death, Famine, Pestilence and War) in the background. That confirms that there will be some plot twist where one of our X-Men (Wolverine, Gambit, Angel, etc.) will turn evil.

Given Apocalypse's immense power (shape shifting, teleportation, technopathy, super human physical abilities...yeah basically he can't be beat lol) we should expect this to probably be the biggest X-Men movie to date. Simon Kinsberg said that in terms of scale this will be similar to a disaster movie.

2) Which cast (new or old) will fight Apocalypse?
- Apocalypse will likely take place in 1980 about 7 years after the events that took place in Days of Future Past. Which all likely means that most of the movie will center around the new cast. Although, there was an article released today that the old cast will get some involvement.

'X-Men: Apocalypse' Will Feature 'Some' Original Cast Members Too

Any Apocalypse movie will involve more time traveling so that's the most likely avenue they will use to involve the old cast. That or use some flash forward scenes showing the future battles with Apocalypse.An official X-Men roster has yet to be confirmed, but if I had to make a guess I'd say

New cast
- Prof X (James Mcavoy)
- Magneto (Michael Fassbender)
- Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence)
- Wolverine (Hugh Jackman)
- Beast (Nick Hoult)
- Gambit (Channing Tatum)
- Cable (????)
- Young Cyclops, Storm and Jean (????)

Ever since The Avengers, it looks like every major studio is bringing out their big guns and arsenal to duke it out at the box office. Sony is doing their Sinister Six. WB is doing Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice...which will set up The Justice League. Marvel is doing Avengers: Age of Ultron. Now Fox is going to do Apocalypse.

Gonna be great looking forward to all these movies

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the comic movies are increasing the average length of these to 2.5+ hours, increasing the scope and amount of characters. That's the trend for sure. It's great as long as done right.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The following post contains MAJOR SPOILERS

Now that you've been warned, let's talk about...

1) APOCALYPSE!!!

Apocalypse_122013_1280_zpscd25bca1.jpg

For those that don't know, in the comics Apocalypse is the first mutant to ever exist (even though he wasn't introduced until 86). In the post credit scene you hear chants of En Sabah Nur which means "The First One" and directly refers to the young Apocalypse you see in Egypt.

Here's the post credit scene in case any of you missed it

[YOUTUBE]CRMLxUF-BC4[/YOUTUBE]

At the end at about 0:48 in the video, you see Apocalypse's four horsemen (Death, Famine, Pestilence and War) in the background. That confirms that there will be some plot twist where one of our X-Men (Wolverine, Gambit, Angel, etc.) will turn evil.

Given Apocalypse's immense power (shape shifting, teleportation, technopathy, super human physical abilities...yeah basically he can't be beat lol) we should expect this to probably be the biggest X-Men movie to date. Simon Kinsberg said that in terms of scale this will be similar to a disaster movie.

2) Which cast (new or old) will fight Apocalypse?
- Apocalypse will likely take place in 1980 about 7 years after the events that took place in Days of Future Past. Which all likely means that most of the movie will center around the new cast. Although, there was an article released today that the old cast will get some involvement.

'X-Men: Apocalypse' Will Feature 'Some' Original Cast Members Too

Any Apocalypse movie will involve more time traveling so that's the most likely avenue they will use to involve the old cast. That or use some flash forward scenes showing the future battles with Apocalypse.An official X-Men roster has yet to be confirmed, but if I had to make a guess I'd say

New cast
- Prof X (James Mcavoy)
- Magneto (Michael Fassbender)
- Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence)
- Wolverine (Hugh Jackman)
- Beast (Nick Hoult)
- Gambit (Channing Tatum)
- Cable (????)
- Young Cyclops, Storm and Jean (????)

Ever since The Avengers, it looks like every major studio is bringing out their big guns and arsenal to duke it out at the box office. Sony is doing their Sinister Six. WB is doing Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice...which will set up The Justice League. Marvel is doing Avengers: Age of Ultron. Now Fox is going to do Apocalypse.

Gonna be great looking forward to all these movies

I was wondering that at the end of the credits!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You beat me to this topic! I went and saw the movie today and was going to see what everyone else thought. I thought the movie was pretty good. Definitely one of the better X-Men movies (I think I may still like FC the best). Normally I'm that big a fan of the X-Men movies because they don't really follow the comics all that much but this one was definitely enjoyable. Maybe its just seeing so many mutants on the big screen. It bugs me a little that there's plot holes everywhere you take all the X movies to be related to each other but whatever. Definitely a good flick.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was the first truly dark Xmen movie and I really liked it.

The script was excellent. The effects were incredibly well done. I walk away from it thinking it's the best of the series.

9 out of 10 for me. Very impressed.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much better than Spiderman 2! I loved it.

I can't wait for the next one. Which they said, young Apocalypse may not be in it, so idk why they showed him in his early stages? :noidea: I can't wait for him and the four horsemen and for Gambit to be back in a X-Mem movie!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't wait for the next one. Which they said, young Apocalypse may not be in it, so idk why they showed him in his early stages? :noidea: I can't wait for him and the four horsemen and for Gambit to be back in a X-Mem movie!

Well it's pretty easy. They wanted to tease us with the idea of Apocalypse without revealing the real Apocalypse in his final form just yet. It's an ace in the hole for them and they're probably saving that as a big reveal part way through 2015.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spiderman 2 was recycled garbage. It's the same exact thing every movie. Their flogging a dead horse already. I was soo fucking bored through the whole thing.

Xmen and Winter Solider are by far the two best of 2014 so far. I'm looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy, Lucy, Interstellar, and of course the last Hobbit movie this Dec.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's pretty easy. They wanted to tease us with the idea of Apocalypse without revealing the real Apocalypse in his final form just yet. It's an ace in the hole for them and they're probably saving that as a big reveal part way through 2015.

That makes sense. And much of what I read when looking deeper into it online.

Spiderman 2 was recycled garbage. It's the same exact thing every movie. Their flogging a dead horse already. I was soo fucking bored through the whole thing.

Xmen and Winter Solider are by far the two best of 2014 so far. I'm looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy, Lucy, Interstellar, and of course the last Hobbit movie this Dec.

I liked ASM2. But, felt that this was MUCH better. I liked Spiderman setting up for the Sinister Six.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the bone claws. I hated that bit from the comics and I'm disappointed they're doing it in the movies. Adamantium or GTFO!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a comic fan, i hope the Original cast fights Apocolypse... as a movie fan i hope its the "Past" cast...

First class and future days are clearly the 2 best x-men movies... so it would be nice to keep THAT story going...

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a good question

Which Magneto and Prof X do you like better?

Ian Mckellen or Michael Fassbender?

Magnetos2_zps84c5ac77.jpg

Patrick Stewart or James Mcavoy?

ProfXs2_zpsfffd112f.jpg

For me personally, I think Patrick Stewart is as perfect a Charles Xavier/Prof X as you can get. So while I like James Mcavoy's portrayal of Charles Xavier, I don't think Patrick Stewart can ever be topped.

Magneto on the other hand, I think Michael Fassbender has brought a new edge to the character. His on screen presence as Magneto is just so sinister and imposing. I like Mckellen in the role, but I think Fassbender brings much more depth to the character. He also plays Erik Lehnsherr really well. The original 3 xmens we got Magneto the villain, but we never got to truly delve in who the man behind the helmet really was. First Class and Days of Future past does an excellent job with the script telling the story of Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto. And Fassbender completely owns the role.

What do you guys think? Who are your favorites?

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to explain the creative license taken to bring Prof X back to life after Phoenix / Jean Grey clearly turned him into ash.

Quicksilver was a nice add to futures past. Storm once again is aging eye candy. Juno made nice $ by just sitting there with her hands about 18 inches apart.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone needs to explain the creative license taken to bring Prof X back to life after Phoenix / Jean Grey clearly turned him into ash.

Quicksilver was a nice add to futures past. Storm once again is aging eye candy. Juno made nice $ by just sitting there with her hands about 18 inches apart.

I think there comes a point where soo many movies have been released in a franchise, including side character movies that go way out of bounds, that they give up on trying to be perfect with exact continuity with the story line.