• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU Basketball Post Season

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry... having technical difficulties

Last edited:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Delete

Last edited:

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the loss to OSU showed the team did not improve............
Funny how you take the football season and grade a game in which you feel they didn’t progress. I guess the 2 game victory in the Big 12 tournament is vast improvement in comparison to the entire season. I guess any win in the CBI shows improvement. Good being the oversize kid in the CBI versus playing with kids your size. What an improvement in our program.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great win over a terrible team.

I’m so fired up for this CBI tournament! Monday won’t get here quick enough for me.
You mean I have to wait until Monday to not watch the game? Guess I’ll be forced to watch the damn NCAA and NIT over the weekend. Maybe I’ll go into Pittsburgh and watch the NCAA wrestling tournament.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, I thought only wins count? Moral victories are for losers, championship or bust? To say last years football team got better down the stretch shows exactly who is full of it. WVU was primed for a MAJOR bowl, in the play for the CCG, and blew the lead against OSU, then our GREAT QB gave the game to OU.......had Will been COACHED how to secure the ball and take a sack, WVU would have been in a big bowl, your lover would still be our coach, with a big raise for a long term. BUT, as usual, WVU coached by Holgorsen faded when it counted, AND some make excuses.......
You flip flop so much I lose track. Weren’t you saying this? Championships or bust. Or are you back to having history on our side?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You flip flop so much I lose track. Weren’t you saying this? Championships or bust. Or are you back to having history on our side?

Isn't that the truth!!

WVU played some damn good football down the stretch last year. Had to go on the road to play both Texas and Okie St. Beat the shit out of TCU... so badly they pulled their starters from the game.

But, DAD is all about championships...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm proud of the hoops team. Most teams would crumble after losing 4 upper classmen. This team fought harder and started to win. Yes, being in the CBI sucks. At least these kids are getting some playing time.

For football, it's over. As usual we lost games we should have won and won at least one we shouldn't have.

Dana is gone. I'm sad to see him gone, but excited about the future of WVU football.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've enjoyed watching the 7 or 8 kids... whatever is left now... moreso than the 13-15 we started with.

There are some legit concerns for me as we finish off the disaster of '18-'19. Why did Sags get cleared to play in the Big 12 tourney yet not play? Why is Sags not playing in the CBI? We have a lot of things going on for this Corps group of players, why wouldn't Sags get placed into the mix to help chemistry strengthen for next year?

Sags not playing in the CBI a sign that he's gone? Why won't Huggins inform the media so WVU fans can stop wondering about what's going on?

IMO, Huggy's staff better hit some homeruns in recruiting or we are in for another tough year next year. Not as bad as this year as we've seen this Corps group win some games. But, we all must remember they lost badly at Okie St in the season's finale... lost badly at OU... lost badly at KU...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm proud of the hoops team. Most teams would crumble after losing 4 upper classmen. This team fought harder and started to win. Yes, being in the CBI sucks. At least these kids are getting some playing time.

For football, it's over. As usual we lost games we should have won and won at least one we shouldn't have.

Dana is gone. I'm sad to see him gone, but excited about the future of WVU football.

Mac,

You're level headed. Unfortunately, me and the others fail at moving on. DAD simply represents the base amongst WVU fans who are true hypocrites. I have a hard time letting that go. Huggins is a great coach who will be in the HOF. He isn't perfect. He won a BE Tournament at WVU and has won nothing else. Zero conference championships to date. The Final Four run was magical and unfortunately we drew Duke in the semi's. Sweet 16's mean you win 2 games in the tourney. 2 games...

I supported Dana because he was the HC of my school. Nothing more. I now support Neal.

IMO, Neal will be accepted by most WVU fans because he talks like a hick. He is one of the hillbilly nation. If he wins, he will become a super hero.

I hope he wins and wins big. Because his winning means my team is winning...

Huggins will finish this year with our 2nd losing record in the last 7 years. This should matter. I hope our AD forces Huggins to fire some of his staff following the CBI.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've enjoyed watching the 7 or 8 kids... whatever is left now... moreso than the 13-15 we started with.

There are some legit concerns for me as we finish off the disaster of '18-'19. Why did Sags get cleared to play in the Big 12 tourney yet not play? Why is Sags not playing in the CBI? We have a lot of things going on for this Corps group of players, why wouldn't Sags get placed into the mix to help chemistry strengthen for next year?

Sags not playing in the CBI a sign that he's gone? Why won't Huggins inform the media so WVU fans can stop wondering about what's going on?

IMO, Huggy's staff better hit some homeruns in recruiting or we are in for another tough year next year. Not as bad as this year as we've seen this Corps group win some games. But, we all must remember they lost badly at Okie St in the season's finale... lost badly at OU... lost badly at KU...
My understanding is that Sags is seeking a medical redshirt.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that Sags is seeking a medical redshirt.

For some reason, that was put out last week before the CBI game. There was a tweet by Jon Rothstein that Huggins stated Sags would not play in the CBI and he was busy looking into a medical redshirt for Konate.

Sags responded to the tweet, saying 'That is not true.' Sags also liked the tweet.

The tweet was later deleted.

Huggins would not answer any questions about Sags and the tweet last week.

It's all bizarre. A student athlete does not petition for a medical redshirt until his eligibility has expired. Sags is currently a junior.

Much speculation as to what Sags was referring to... whether he would play in the CBI or whether Huggins was really looking into the redshirt.

Huggins said last week it would be in Sagaba's best interest to get an extra year of eligibility if he could. How many of us think Sags would want to play a 5th year in college instead of being a professional?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to watch us play Coastal Carolina tomorrow night.

Coastal is currently 16-16. ESPN BPI predicts 84% chance of WVU winning.

Coastal is from the rugged Sun Belt... the 17th best conference in the country according to warrennolan.com. They went 9-9 against stiff competition to finish tied for 6th. The Big 12 finished the #1 conference for comparison sake.

Sagarin has Coastal ranked #164. He has WVU at #63.

According to the NET, Coastal is #163 while WVU is #106. Of note, Grand Canyon has a NET ranking of #96.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't wait to watch us play Coastal Carolina tomorrow night.

Coastal is currently 16-16. ESPN BPI predicts 84% chance of WVU winning.

Coastal is from the rugged Sun Belt... the 17th best conference in the country according to warrennolan.com. They went 9-9 against stiff competition to finish tied for 6th. The Big 12 finished the #1 conference for comparison sake.

Sagarin has Coastal ranked #164. He has WVU at #63.

According to the NET, Coastal is #163 while WVU is #106. Of note, Grand Canyon has a NET ranking of #96.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For some reason, that was put out last week before the CBI game. There was a tweet by Jon Rothstein that Huggins stated Sags would not play in the CBI and he was busy looking into a medical redshirt for Konate.

Sags responded to the tweet, saying 'That is not true.' Sags also liked the tweet.

The tweet was later deleted.

Huggins would not answer any questions about Sags and the tweet last week.

It's all bizarre. A student athlete does not petition for a medical redshirt until his eligibility has expired. Sags is currently a junior.

Much speculation as to what Sags was referring to... whether he would play in the CBI or whether Huggins was really looking into the redshirt.

Huggins said last week it would be in Sagaba's best interest to get an extra year of eligibility if he could. How many of us think Sags would want to play a 5th year in college instead of being a professional?
Bizzare for sure. This entire season has been such.

I guess it depends on how Sags recovers. If his injury limits him, an extra year could be what he needs. I think about Butler, and how he really never recovered fully.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn.

I can’t believe it. My dream for a CBI banner is over. I’m numb...

Felt like this was our year!

We gave up the most points in history tonight. Huggy never had a team score 100 on him.

So many records set tonight.

And, now... the post season comes to an unexpected end...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So DAD does it really look like Wv got better down the Stretch?...They lost at HOME to a Turquoise Chicken!!...

The Sixth best team in the SUNBELT!!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where is history on your side when you need it?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took him absloutley NO TIME to throw everyone under the bus take a stroll back to the the good ol days!

As much as Huggins would like to forget this season ever existed, it won’t ever totally happen. Every future iteration of the WVU roster under Huggins’ watch will be molded by the mistakes of this season. One thing is for sure: anyone not willing to work won’t enjoy his tenure as a WVU basketball player.

Huggins went down the line of players he coached who went from sub-par or average to good or great through hard work — Danny Fortson and Kenyon Martin at Cincinnati, Joe Alexander and Da’Sean Butler at WVU.

“They worked,” Huggins said. “They improved, they listened, they tried. They didn’t sit on their ass and say, ‘I’m going to be the best player in the country.’ They were in the gym. They were asking for help. They were doing things that weren’t easy.”

Last time he Coached Cinncy was 14 years ago if anyone is counting..