• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Basketball has started

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2019-2020 edition of WVU basketball has begun. Looks to be a good ride this year.

Exhibition game down. Huggs gave significant PT to everyone. I came away very impressed with the newcomers. My thoughts

Oscar T is a monster. Culver dominated the boards in the B12 last year. Oscar is in a different league. While he is not a polished player, he owns the paint. 17 points and 14 boards. When he gets the offensive rebound, he is guaranteed to score. He needs to get better at free throws.

deuce McBride wears no 4 jersey surely looks the part. He is quick, plays good defense and looks capable of being a starter in his first year.

Tax Sherman had an impressive start. Good ball handling, great shooter and can put down a good slam dunk. While great ostensively, still needs to get better on D.

Sean McNeil looks like the typical white guy sharpshooter, but he showed much more last night. Good ball handling and the ability to drive into a packed defense made him look like a baller. His defense was stout although he did get some fouls.

Start these 4 with Culver and this team could win the conference.

Culver looked comfortable out there. His experience from last year showed. Less strength and size than Oscar, but I expect the will continue to do great this year.

Matthews looks to be a leader on this team. He should have a monopoly on the SF position this year and will be a great contributor.

McCabe started where he finished last year. He will be a starter and will lead the team in assists. Still dribbles too much, but does it quite well.

Knapper has improved and looks the part. His time will be limited as the new guys look to be an upgrade.

Harley started and played well. He will get his PT as he is a Senior and started some last year. Low man on the totem pole with the talent on this team, but he can still contribute.

Logan Routt has been touted by Huggs as much improved. I did not see much of that last night, but he will get minutes subbing for Oscar and Culver.

Haley was in sweats and did not play. His size will make for mismatches, but he is not a great shooter. Will be interesting to see how he is used. He may fit in better as a small forward.

This will be a deep team this year. I see pieces that could be a final 4 team. We will score points. This will come down to the kids learning Defense. Press Virginia could be awesome with this group.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huggins has already stated that they will not be Press Virginia this year.

They will try to use more zone defense to protect their thin frontcourt.

I don’t know how they’ll work offense with Oscar and Derek on the court together.

I went to the Gold/Blue scrimmage game. Taz is going to be a great offensive player for us.

IMO... we might get to 20 wins this year. Hopefully, we’ll make the NCAA.

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the first half of the Duquesne game. Looked much better than last year, but a long way to go. Room for a lot of improvement, all over the court. However, there's a lot of talent. This team could be really good if they come together.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a nice win yesterday. Albeit gave some up defensively but this offense looks absolutely improved from last year. I’m excited about this team. Particularly on that side of the ball.