• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

WVU Basketball Post Season

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK... the CBI field is set.

Our opponent is Grand Canyon University. Our game is Wednesday at 7pm. Games can be watched by streaming at wvusports.com.

No more NC dreams for me. They all be replaced by CBI banners now...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, shape or form the same. Holgorsen's teams , good or bad never got any better throughout a season, we saw some players improve, but not the team, we saw the team wither on the vine down the stretch EVERY year. The basketball team this year was absolutely horrible, no chemistry, injuries, defections, ejections, quitting, kicked out, BUT the team was playing its best ball at the end of the season, there was a clearly better team this week than there was in November......

You did watch them play Kansas the last game didn't you?..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did watch them play Kansas the last game didn't you?..

Dana’s teams never got better.

The record setting Orange Bowl says differently.

Hell... I don’t even have to go back to his first year at WVU... look at last year. His team averaged 46.5 pts over its last 4 games... beating Sugar Bowl champ Texas in Austin... and scoring 56 against CFP participant OU. Nobody scored that many against OU last year... not even NC game participant Alabama. Whipped TCU worst than any team has ever whipped a Patterson coached Horned Frog team.

As usual, DAD is full of shit...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell... I don’t even have to go back to his first year at WVU... look at last year. His team averaged 46.5 pts over its last 4 games... beating Sugar Bowl champ Texas in Austin... and scoring 56 against CFP participant OU. Nobody scored that many against OU last year... not even NC game participant Alabama. Whipped TCU worst than any team has ever whipped a Patterson coached Horned Frog team.

I think the win against TT was the best win all year....they got MAN handled against Kansas...

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WOW, I thought only wins count? Moral victories are for losers, championship or bust? To say last years football team got better down the stretch shows exactly who is full of it. WVU was primed for a MAJOR bowl, in the play for the CCG, and blew the lead against OSU, then our GREAT QB gave the game to OU.......had Will been COACHED how to secure the ball and take a sack, WVU would have been in a big bowl, your lover would still be our coach, with a big raise for a long term. BUT, as usual, WVU coached by Holgorsen faded when it counted, AND some make excuses.......

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the win against TT was the best win all year....they got MAN handled against Kansas...
That win against TT was the best game WVU played all year, by a long way! I liked the kids response after the Kansas loss, took the blame, expressed a thought that they could have won had they played to their ability, I think we will see a return to what WVU basketball should be next year.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW, I thought only wins count? Moral victories are for losers, championship or bust? To say last years football team got better down the stretch shows exactly who is full of it. WVU was primed for a MAJOR bowl, in the play for the CCG, and blew the lead against OSU, then our GREAT QB gave the game to OU.......had Will been COACHED how to secure the ball and take a sack, WVU would have been in a big bowl, your lover would still be our coach, with a big raise for a long term. BUT, as usual, WVU coached by Holgorsen faded when it counted, AND some make excuses.......

If wins are the only thing that counts, then Huggy should be fired for the job he did this year.

His team finished dead fucking last in the conference. Huggs makes over $3.5 million to win. Couldn’t win a single road game. Another player left his team today. No other team...except the one and dones... lose as many players each year as Huggy’s teams.

There isn’t a WVU team in the history of WVU football that averaged 46.5 ppg against the quality of teams WVU played last fall to end the season.

Gibby fucked over Dana’s team. That stupid hick needed to be fired.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That win against TT was the best game WVU played all year, by a long way! I liked the kids response after the Kansas loss, took the blame, expressed a thought that they could have won had they played to their ability, I think we will see a return to what WVU basketball should be next year.

This team never improved in limiting turnovers...to me ..THAT is Coachable!

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way, shape or form the same. Holgorsen's teams , good or bad never got any better throughout a season, we saw some players improve, but not the team, we saw the team wither on the vine down the stretch EVERY year. The basketball team this year was absolutely horrible, no chemistry, injuries, defections, ejections, quitting, kicked out, BUT the team was playing its best ball at the end of the season, there was a clearly better team this week than there was in November......
So you're basing the 2 wins in the Big 12 tournament as your defining moments of improvement however a loss to OU as a sign of the football team as not improving.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just watch St. Francis play in the NIT on ESPN but have to stream WVU in the CBI. Good thing we have history on our side.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're basing the 2 wins in the Big 12 tournament as your defining moments of improvement however a loss to OU as a sign of the football team as not improving.
the loss to OSU showed the team did not improve............

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would suggest Will had nothing to do with the loss to OU...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just checking ...but is Grand Canyon University a Brick and Mortar school??:scratch::scratch:

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I believe that WVUs best overall game was against Tennessee. Through the year, the team did regress, however, injuries played a big part.
Will did not lose the OU game, but he may have been able to win it with a couple of plays. It is hard to blame any QB for a loss when your D gives up over 50 points.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last year I believe that WVUs best overall game was against Tennessee. Through the year, the team did regress, however, injuries played a big part.
Will did not lose the OU game, but he may have been able to win it with a couple of plays. It is hard to blame any QB for a loss when your D gives up over 50 points.

That game came down to a EXCESSIVE BLOCKING:wtf2: call that took a play a way and which had the ball at the two yard line which the way the game was going they win it...instead...Will fumbles and they take it back for 6...

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, we're on to round 2. We showed up for about 10 minutes, but that was enough to beat Grand Canyon State Tech A&T&M.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a great win over a terrible team.

I’m so fired up for this CBI tournament! Monday won’t get here quick enough for me.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WVU's defense lost two games during the regular season. They sucked against OU and Okie St. The defense did not give up over 50 pts to OU though... OU scored 2 TD's on fumble returns. 59-14 = 45. That is still a joke! Gibby brought no pressure all night long... dropping 8 like a mad man. I was so pissed off!!

The Okie St game, Coach Gundy goes into halftime down 17. He comes up with a great adjustment. He goes with 10 personnel.

That was it. And, he stayed in it for the entire 2nd half. Gibby had no answer. Could not come up with a way to stop Okie St. Well... the defense stopped them once in the 2nd half... they forced 1 punt.

Gibby should have been fired before the team boarded the charter home!

Instead, players... former players... and deep pockets... lobbied for the stupid fuck to be our next HC.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deleted

Last edited: