• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wtf SportsHoopla

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should start a bama v osu v auburn thread in toilet bowl. Or maybe a big v sec cage match thread.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes things don't go your way. Last night was a combination of all things. OU played great! Trevor Knight was brilliant. From an Alabama fan perspective, to me, two plays almost epitomizes this entire game.

1) Late in the 4th quarter, around the 4:30 mark I think, OU had 3rd and long. Alabama, trailing by 7, was suckered into a great pass rush that turned into a well executed screen. However, it still look like Bama was going to stop OU short. Instead the OU back made a good move a few good blocks and he picked up the first down by about 2 feet!If Bama makes that stop it would have made for an interesting ending. They would have had great field position and plenty of time. Instead OU ran much more clock and pretty much ended Alabama chances.

2) When OU scored on the sack at the end, for the knife in the heart TD, on the kickoff, when all OU was trying to do was kick a squib kick, the ball ricochet of the Alabama guy and OU recovered. Just another small example of how things went for Alabama.

Those two plays almost summarize the entire game. OU continued to execute and do what they needed and Alabama kept coming up short. The littlest of things, that make a difference went OU's way. That is not a cut, that is a fact and OU deserves the hustle award, the effort award, the execution award the best QB last night in the dome award and the Sugar Bowl trophy. Congratulations! :suds:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give it to AJ, he stepped up and said it was his fault. Peyton Manning would have said "Let's face it we had some protection issues". He could have said that, but he didn't. He said they lost by 14 and he threw two picks. Who was the player that said it wasn't all on AJ? He deserves some respect also. Kevin Norwood Both of them handled the press conference better than Saban.

Norwood is a class guy and became the most dependable receiver for Alabama.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That shot was taken in retaliation though, so it was deserved or it would not have been thrown out there. I will be here tonight to return the favor that was dealt last night towards Bama and its posters and i wont do anything more than was done to us. We will see how well the posters of tOSU handle it compared to bama posters. Hammerdown stated on a scale of 1 to 10 he would give us an 11 by the way we handled the night and the loss. Will it be that way if tOSU loses?

Clemson should give the Nuteyes a handful for sure, IF ya thought Knight was "accurate" against Bama's D, wait till Boyd unleashes HELL on that Nuteye secondary. State better figure out how Oklahoma pass rushes and quick. :laugh3:

BTW...

Bama fans showed "class" all night and continue on into today. Just wish there were more "top elite" games between the PAC and SEC during the season.:suds:

Saban looked "tired" in the 2nd halfer as the Okies kept the pedal to the metal, great ballgame till that awesome fumble return by the Okie D lineman...probably the finest effort by him to get into the endzone I saw all year long. Terrific stuff.:clap:

Droopdog51

Hoopla Cash
$ 1.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Norwood is a class guy and became the most dependable receiver for Alabama.

Thanks for the info.. Was very classy the way they handled it. Think AJ was about to break down when Norwood stepped up.

It was better than Saban saying the players were used to winning and were not motivated. That was chicken shit.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the info.. Was very classy the way they handled it. Think AJ was about to break down when Norwood stepped up.

It was better than Saban saying the players were used to winning and were not motivated. That was chicken shit.

I agree. If there is one thing I wish Saban would change is how he handles these situations. He gets so wrapped into be the best you can be and challenge yourself every play and treat every play like it has it's own identity that he never seems to look in the mirror. He made horrible decisions in the Auburn game and I never once heard him apply his own principles to himself. I've heard him say poor play comes back to him but it is rare and doesn't sound like he believes it. It's ok to say your players didn't play to their best ability blah blah but make sure you include yourself when doing so! He doesn't really blame them because the way he looks at things but I do wish he would say he didn't either, once in a while.

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kw3.gif

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there's no Stanford fans here for me to insult. And no one gives a shit about Michigan State.

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where's ArrogantBamaFan today?

I'll bet his pussy really hurts :nod:

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't worry there will be plenty of hate on here after the Orange Bowl game.

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for others, but for me personally, the season ended with the Iron Bowl. I was never really excited for this game and oddly it didn't bother me that we lost last night, I felt like I was watching a spring game or something. All I've been thinking about is who's leaving, and who will be coming in for next year. So that's why there has been no hell raising from me, I honestly didn't care. I'm spoiled, I know.

This was no Utah for the players though, I know they were motivated for this game. They just didn't execute and OU did, they are the better team this year.

We had a lot of problems this year with injuries, lots of young players in the secondary and the OL, and I wasn't too fond of a lot of Nussmeier's play calling. We are a run first team, and while it was great to see AJ put up 300 yards in the first half, we would've been better suited to feed Henry and Yeldon the rock and use play action more.

I'm damn sure excited for next season though. I'm ready to find out who wins the starting QB job, and see the improvements of the OL and secondary, and most importantly see us whoop ass and win the very first College Football Playoff.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that Henry motherfo is a freaking BEAST.

Why Saban didn't just feed that dude all night is weird to me....

Berkeley_Blues

Retired Experience Junkie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't speak for others, but for me personally, the season ended with the Iron Bowl. I was never really excited for this game and oddly it didn't bother me that we lost last night, I felt like I was watching a spring game or something. All I've been thinking about is who's leaving, and who will be coming in for next year. So that's why there has been no hell raising from me, I honestly didn't care. I'm spoiled, I know.

You felt like it was a Spring game?

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is with all this "Good job" and "You showed great class" bullshit?

Where are the damn insults?

Where are the damn meltdowns?

This isn't the SportsHoopla that I used to know.

Sam-Bradford-Reads-Playbook-and-Shakes-His-Head.gif

This morning someone told me to 'fuck off' and I responded with a devastating, 'Shove it up your arse."

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap robot me.