• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wtf michigan st?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
55-51 UNC 9 to go

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC needs all top 10 teams here on out.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice work msu....

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
40-Win Perfect Season
Michigan State University
2013-2014

what do you guys think? t-shirts?

:yahoo:

:L

You jinked em. Couldn't even get outta November. Haven't said that in close to 30 years.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC needs all top 10 teams here on out.

Well, they get Kentucky at home, Syracuse on the road, and 2 games against Duke. So they'll have plenty of chances to prove that the UofL and MSU games weren't flukes.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season looks so unpredictable with no dominant team so far.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, they get Kentucky at home, Syracuse on the road, and 2 games against Duke. So they'll have plenty of chances to prove that the UofL and MSU games weren't flukes.

Trolly....with the loss to MSU, do you think UK rankings should drop below some of the zero loss teams?

I do concede UK has curb stomped every team except MSU....but I'm looking at the UK resume now it doesn't have enough shine for a No. 2 team. UK's best win appears to be against Prov. There are others with better records and better SOS that are currently ranked below UK in Parrish's updated 25&1.

Right now Parrish has it:

1) AZ
2) UK
3) tOSU
4) SU
5) Wisky
6) Nova
7) KU
8) MSU
9) Memph
10) OSU

How do you believe the AP and Coaches are going to look at this?

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolly....with the loss to MSU, do you think UK rankings should drop below some of the zero loss teams?

I do concede UK has curb stomped every team except MSU....but I'm looking at the UK resume now it doesn't have enough shine for a No. 2 team. UK's best win appears to be against Prov. There are others with better records and better SOS that are currently ranked below UK in Parrish's updated 25&1.

1) AZ
2) UK
3) tOSU
4) SU
5) Wisky
6) Nova
7) KU
8) MSU
9) Memph
10) OSU

UK was too high to begin with, IMO. I have them ranked 9th.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK was too high to begin with, IMO. I have them ranked 9th.

I agree...actually would have started them off in the mid-teens due to the unknowns.

At this point...if everyone left them just below MSU because they lost to them...they should still be just below MSU unless someone can point out a quality win to offset that line of thinking.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) AZ
2) UK
3) tOSU
4) SU
5) Wisky
6) Nova
7) KU
8) MSU
9) Memph
10) OSU

Hard to predict what the coaches are going to do. When it comes to polls (both football and basketball) the seem to be an utter mystery. Not to do a Parrish style Poll attack, but how did the coaches have Ohio State leapfrog UK in a week where they both won all of their games, and UK put together their best performance of the season, against the 2nd best team (behind MSU)? If they did it the week that UK lost I wouldn't have thought much about it, but the timing seemed weird.

That being said, I think the polls are still going to be a combination of expectations, eyeball test, and resume at this point. not enough data to go on resume alone. After seeing at least a couple from all of the top 10 teams, I thought Arizona should have been #1 after they beat Duke. Other than the opening 5 minutes of the Champions Classic, MSU hasn't impressed me at all so far.

As far as UK goes, I wouldn't drop them out of the top 10, but I wouldn't have any issue with putting some of the 0 loss teams ahead of them. I'm not even sure if they're the best 1 loss team, but it's hard for me to justify dropping them much farther than that since their one loss to MSU was "better" than all of the others. Still waiting to see if Kentucky can put something together that vaguely resembles a half-court offense, but as long as they've got 2 or 3 guys on the floor at all times that can score at will I guess it doesn't matter if they play "keep away" on the perimeter for the first 27 seconds of the shot clock. If Calipari ever does get them clicking on offense, they could be scary-good, but as they are right now, I still think they're in the hunt. Also, I would keep them ahead of MSU. Yes, they lost head-to-head but since then UK has looked better. MSU has not. Also, UK outplayed MSU for the majority of that game. Don't believe me? Look at the game tracker.

I'll tell you who doesn't belong in the top 10 right now... U of L. They played one decent team, and lost (and UNC may or may not even be decent) and the rest of their games have been against teams, that the Sisters of the Poor schedule for easy exhibition wins. Yeah, they're winning by 25 every game, but it seems a little less impressive when you realize it was against Stevie Wonder's School for the Blind.

But I have to admit, this was one of the more interesting Novembers, that I can recall for college hoops. Lots of big marquee match ups, and a few good upsets, to make it really interesting. December is starting out pretty well too.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to predict what the coaches are going to do. When it comes to polls (both football and basketball) the seem to be an utter mystery. Not to do a Parrish style Poll attack, but how did the coaches have Ohio State leapfrog UK in a week where they both won all of their games, and UK put together their best performance of the season, against the 2nd best team (behind MSU)? If they did it the week that UK lost I wouldn't have thought much about it, but the timing seemed weird.

That being said, I think the polls are still going to be a combination of expectations, eyeball test, and resume at this point. not enough data to go on resume alone. After seeing at least a couple from all of the top 10 teams, I thought Arizona should have been #1 after they beat Duke. Other than the opening 5 minutes of the Champions Classic, MSU hasn't impressed me at all so far.

As far as UK goes, I wouldn't drop them out of the top 10, but I wouldn't have any issue with putting some of the 0 loss teams ahead of them. I'm not even sure if they're the best 1 loss team, but it's hard for me to justify dropping them much farther than that since their one loss to MSU was "better" than all of the others. Still waiting to see if Kentucky can put something together that vaguely resembles a half-court offense, but as long as they've got 2 or 3 guys on the floor at all times that can score at will I guess it doesn't matter if they play "keep away" on the perimeter for the first 27 seconds of the shot clock. If Calipari ever does get them clicking on offense, they could be scary-good, but as they are right now, I still think they're in the hunt. Also, I would keep them ahead of MSU. Yes, they lost head-to-head but since then UK has looked better. MSU has not. Also, UK outplayed MSU for the majority of that game. Don't believe me? Look at the game tracker.

I'll tell you who doesn't belong in the top 10 right now... U of L. They played one decent team, and lost (and UNC may or may not even be decent) and the rest of their games have been against teams, that the Sisters of the Poor schedule for easy exhibition wins. Yeah, they're winning by 25 every game, but it seems a little less impressive when you realize it was against Stevie Wonder's School for the Blind.

But I have to admit, this was one of the more interesting Novembers, that I can recall for college hoops. Lots of big marquee match ups, and a few good upsets, to make it really interesting. December is starting out pretty well too.

Man...you're a good writer...able to articulate thoughts well.

yes it was a great November. I'm wondering how long this trend will continue. In the past without the preseason tournaments, the heavy hitters didn't schedule each other. I'm glad they went this direction.

November was a lot of fun and got interest on the boards going right away.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes it was a great November. I'm wondering how long this trend will continue. In the past without the preseason tournaments, the heavy hitters didn't schedule each other. I'm glad they went this direction.

It was a great November. I too hope the 'trend' of preseason marque matchups continues and intensifies in the future...great for all concerned - crucibles for teams to learn from, fab entertainment for fans and commercial goldmines for marketers. Seems to me that (due to that 'trend') we might even expect better polling too.

Speaking of which...It's been just swell rooting #1 these past couple of weeks...despite the fact that I agree with Trolley -
Other than the opening 5 minutes of the Champions Classic, MSU hasn't impressed me at all so far.

Last night was...fuck, words can't describe it...it was SURREAL! Beyond nightmarish...I thought I was hallucinating at times.

Izzo's said (and most Spartans agree) that this team is the 'best he's ever had'...individual talent plus collective experience in massive doses. BUT...what he hasn't said (and most Spartans know) is that this team is, invariably, the 'most injury-prone, aggravatingly lackadaisical bunch of head cases he's ever had.'

hope they figure themselves out soon...get it up and get it on. In the meanwhile, I'll savor the meaningless #1 for...well?...for those '5 minutes.'

groan green

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season looks so unpredictable with no dominant team so far.

What do you consider to be dominant?

At the risk of sounding like a homer, AZ looks pretty dominant. Only beat SDSU by 4, but was beating them soundly until the last two minutes. And the game was at SDSU which is a very tough venue. Also only beat Cal Poly by 11, but it was the first game, and I think it was just a bad matchup. AZ traded blows against Duke in the Garden, before essentially pulling away in the last 5 minutes or so (led by 10). So other than @SDSU and in the Garden against Duke, AZ has beaten all other teams by double digits (and led those two teams by double digits). I think it's unrealistic to expect teams to beat everyone by double digits in order to dominate, especially when playing tough opponents away from their home court. Oregon has also played far above their competition (other than GTown, and given the fact that they haven't played any stiff competition).

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even great teams may play a close game to a scrub at the beginning of the year! This is what I tell myself fuck it Go Devils!

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man...you're a good writer...able to articulate thoughts well.

November was a lot of fun and got interest on the boards going right away.

Can't argue with any of that.

I wonder what became of Trolly's KentuckyGirlxxxx from the old CBS message boards. He would give her the business all night long and she just kept coming back for more. :laugh3:

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with any of that.

I wonder what became of Trolly's KentuckyGirlxxxx from the old CBS message boards. He would give her the business all night long and she just kept coming back for more. :laugh3:

I remember Kentucky Girl on the CBS forums. I don't know what happened to her but she brought flak down on other UK fans simply because she never offered up valid points to justify her UK statements. Granted she was a homer thru and thru...but she was definitely 100 % loyal to UK. Every fanbase has one like her. It would be interesting to see her on here.