• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wrestling Mount Rushmore?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of savage...guys like him and Orton were blocked from being in this conversation because of just one guy (hogan and Cena respectively).

Orton could’ve been the modern day flair if Cena wasn’t being Roman reignsed for a decade.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there was a reason Hogan had to become Hollywood Hogan and join Hall and Nash to save WCW

yes you need a foil.

imo that was the biggest reason diesels run didn’t work.

look at who he was facing.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there was a reason Hogan had to become Hollywood Hogan and join Hall and Nash to save WCW

That is more an issue about Vince vs Bischoff that anything to do with wrestlers.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is more an issue about Vince vs Bischoff that anything to do with wrestlers.

vince copies what bischoff did without having a cable station acitivly trying to sabotage it.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vince copies what bischoff did without having a cable station acitivly trying to sabotage it.

IMHO Vince is on the mountain because he truly revolutionized the business. TBH I just Hogan was along for the ride and on talent/mike alone there are many wrestlers that could have been in his place and done just as well if not better. Yes, Hogan had a great impact but that was more a factor of location and timing than skill.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO Vince is on the mountain because he truly revolutionized the business. TBH I just Hogan was along for the ride and on talent/mike alone there are many wrestlers that could have been in his place and done just as well if not better. Yes, Hogan had a great impact but that was more a factor of location and timing than skill.

you may not be wrong.

but hogan made wrestling mainstream.

it was him.

it probably could’ve been savage. But he was overshadowed by hogan.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan because he was the face of the WWF for many years and would not be where it is today.

Bobby Heenan taught wrestling how to be a heel and be loved for it.

Ric Flair transformed the sport into something theatrical

Demolition for transcending tag teams

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you may not be wrong.

it was him.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
between those 2 I go bischoff because he also brought that element of realism to pro wrestling. Beyond just making heels cool.

i picked heenan because i think he really helped Andre come of age and I think him on Raw was art at its finest going up against Gorilla every week.

batchaps4me

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you may not be wrong.

it was him.

I agree with what you are saying about Hogan getting wrestling mainstream but I attribute most of that to Vince taking the WWF nationwide instead of the old territories system. Hogan was marketable but seriously lacking on in ring skill. I do not think that Hogan could have carried the NWA in the territory system the way that Flair did. It's JMO that with all things equal, Hogan is not a GOAT.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with what you are saying about Hogan getting wrestling mainstream but I attribute most of that to Vince taking the WWF nationwide instead of the old territories system. Hogan was marketable but seriously lacking on in ring skill. I do not think that Hogan could have carried the NWA in the territory system the way that Flair did. It's JMO that with all things equal, Hogan is not a GOAT.

I’ve said elsewhere that if you did it scientifically that Hogan’s in ring ability might have dropped him out of the top 4.

but I also think a 10 scale might’ve short changed him on charisma. I mean people loved him. Adored him.

although Cena or reigns would’ve been the same thing.

or even Bret.

it was a different time. People loved the clear good guy/bad guy like.

now the heels becomes faces because it’s harder to be good face now than it was in Hogan’s time.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he was the guy who brought wcw to the top of the ratings for almost 2 years

he was the face
Sting did it for 2 year?

BFD

Hogan did it 10 years in the WWF, then another 3-ish years in the WCW in the NWO.

I get that Hogan was an in-ring joke. I don’t think anyone claims otherwise. But his mic work and charisma MADE the industry. Maybe VKM would have found someone else to fill his shoes had he not been there, but he WAS there. And he did the heavy lifting.

We, as adults, look at his contributions as a joke. But he was not marketed to adults. He was marketed to the kids. And they (we) ate that shit up.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hogan because he was the face of the WWF for many years and would not be where it is today.

Bobby Heenan taught wrestling how to be a heel and be loved for it.

Ric Flair transformed the sport into something theatrical

Demolition for transcending tag teams
Wait...

Wut?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sting did it for 2 year?

BFD

Hogan did it 10 years in the WWF, then another 3-ish years in the WCW in the NWO.

I get that Hogan was an in-ring joke. I don’t think anyone claims otherwise. But his mic work and charisma MADE the industry. Maybe VKM would have found someone else to fill his shoes had he not been there, but he WAS there. And he did the heavy lifting.

We, as adults, look at his contributions as a joke. But he was not marketed to adults. He was marketed to the kids. And they (we) ate that shit up.

Ive Said I’m with you on hogan.

But he took a shot at sting. He could’ve done it. Everyone would’ve looked different though.

the closest one to hogan charisma wise would’ve been savage. It would’ve been fun to let him carry the company for a while.