• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would You Trade Ingram & Kuzma For Leonard?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could hte Sixers sign LeBron and bring back Redick? I kind of doubt it right?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the guaranteed numbers for hte Sixers next year

Simmons: 6.5
Embiid: 25M (est.- his contract was AT LEAST 5 years 148- which is about 30 a year but ill guess its just 25M next year)
Covington: 10.5
Bayless: 8.5
Fultz: 8.5
Saric: 3
J. Anderson: 2.5
Holmes and McConnel: a little over 3 together- both team options
Luwawu: 1.8
Korkmaz: 1.7

say they get rid of J Anderson, Holmes and McConnell- and find takers for Luwawu, Korkmaz by tying a 2nd round pick to each to just get rid of them.....

Simmons: 6.5
Embiid: 25 (est. - could be more)
Covington: 10.5
Bayless: 8.5
Fultz: 8.5
Saric: 3

So--- out of those 6 guys- 62M. It will cost about 35M to sign LeBron. This would take the payroll to 97M.

The cap is 103M- and they would be at 97 with only 7 players---- and that does not include the salary for their draft picks, and the cap holds for the empty roster spots.

There would be pretty much ZERO chance they could sign Lebron and resign Reddick.

If LeBron signed there he would be running with Simmons, Embiid, Covington, Bayless, Fultz, Saric- whoever they draft........

They of course could try and deal Bayless, Fultz, etc. for vets if they wanted to--- but Phillies flexibility would not be quite what you would expect.

Once Simmons came up for an extension they would be pretty strapped.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
could hte Sixers sign LeBron and bring back Redick? I kind of doubt it right?
If he took sub 10 mil.

What team, with cap space, will pay Redick more than 10-15mil?

Maybe the Lakers or Dallas on a 1 year placeholder deal?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he took sub 10 mil.
actually i think eve "sub 10M" would not work--- i think he would have to take the MLE (which i think is between 7 and 8 a year)

however, i am not sure how this works--- if you even get the MLE if you started the offseason under the cap. I kind of think you dont get it. I am not sure on that though.

If they got someone to take Bayless it might get more feasible--

the problem really occours because LeBron would be at 35, Embiid at AT LEAST 25....Simmons and Fultz at a combined about 14 and Covington at about 11.

That already is at 85M for just 5 players- not counting cap holds for draft picks and open roster spots.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm really torn on the Europa. I really would love to see us win it but I fear that would just give Wenger another year. We just can't have that.

So agree. But it could be worse, we could be big shot MCity kicked out of Champions by lowly Pool

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually i think eve "sub 10M" would not work--- i think he would have to take the MLE (which i think is between 7 and 8 a year)

however, i am not sure how this works--- if you even get the MLE if you started the offseason under the cap. I kind of think you dont get it. I am not sure on that though.

If they got someone to take Bayless it might get more feasible--

the problem really occours because LeBron would be at 35, Embiid at AT LEAST 25....Simmons and Fultz at a combined about 14 and Covington at about 11.

That already is at 85M for just 5 players- not counting cap holds for draft picks and open roster spots.
MLE is 8.8 mil for non tax teams.

Mid-Level Exception (Non-Taxpayer):

Year Salary

2017/18
$8,406,000
2018/19 $8,826,300
2019/20 $9,246,600
2020/21 $9,666,900
Total $36,145,800

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he took sub 10 mil.

What team, with cap space, will pay Redick more than 10-15mil?

Maybe the Lakers or Dallas on a 1 year placeholder deal?
Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago, Dallas, Denver could make cap room fairly easily, Indiana, LAC, LAL, Orlando, San Antonio, Utah.

Projected 2018 Cap Space For All 30 NBA Teams

this is an interesting chart that shows cap space, and max cap space if teams declined options, or guys leave in free agency etc.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

You see Alvarez got suspended for 6 months?

Fuck that guy.

He's giving Gingers a bad name after all the progress they've made lately!

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@bksballer89

You see Alvarez got suspended for 6 months?

Fuck that guy.

He's giving Gingers a bad name after all the progress they've made lately!

Yep dude is a tool.

Disgraceful

At least GGG has an excuse if he loses (which he shouldn't) when they allegedly fight in September.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be just.....

I don't know which word fits best.

Unfair or awesome...lol

Pipe dream. But, if it happened.....wow.

I would consider it ridiculous if the Sixers got Lebron much less Kawhi. Dorian is going to lose his mind screaming "Super Team!!!" over and over if that happens.

Getting Kawhi is beyond comprehension.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some homer fan **** for Sixers fans..

How the Philadelphia 76ers can get LeBron James & Kawhi Leonard

Never gonna happen of course. First off I don't think the Spurs are going to trade Kawhi. Secondly, no way the Sixers will go after both Kawhi and Lebron.

But fun enough to speculate.

I don't think it would happen either, but there is a way.

Kawhi has leverage because he is still under contract. If he says, "I will only sign the extension with Philly" and he sticks to that, the Spurs would either have to accept the 6ers best offer, take 50 cents on the dollar somewhere else for a rental or keep him and hope to resolve the situation.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it would happen either, but there is a way.

Kawhi has leverage because he is still under contract. If he says, "I will only sign the extension with Philly" and he sticks to that, the Spurs would either have to accept the 6ers best offer, take 50 cents on the dollar somewhere else for a rental or keep him and hope to resolve the situation.

Sure that's possible, kinda like what Chris Paul did.

But I doubt Kawhi would want to do that unless Lebron and/or Embiid do some impressive work selling him which I think is pretty unlikely.

IMO, the chance of Lebron coming to Philly is higher than what the pundits are saying but I think the chance of Kawhi coming to Philly is very small.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But I doubt Kawhi would want to do that unless Lebron and/or Embiid do some impressive work selling him which I think is pretty unlikely.

IMO, the chance of Lebron coming to Philly is higher than what the pundits are saying but I think the chance of Kawhi coming to Philly is very small.

I think the chance of LeBron and Kawhi teaming up is actually pretty decent. 35-40%.

They would fit great together. If they make that choice, it would likely be Philly or LA. I can't see anybody else with the pieces and cap space to make that work and still retain a few other pieces.

So, I think there is a chance. It would be the ultimate superteam if it happened.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the chance of LeBron and Kawhi teaming up is actually pretty decent. 35-40%.

They would fit great together. If they make that choice, it would likely be Philly or LA. I can't see anybody else with the pieces and cap space to make that work and still retain a few other pieces.

So, I think there is a chance. It would be the ultimate superteam if it happened.

I think there is a better chance of them going to LA to do that.

But I honestly don't see Kawhi being traded this offseason.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there is a better chance of them going to LA to do that.

But I honestly don't see Kawhi being traded this offseason.

Man.

I don't see a way around it unless SA refuses. That relationship looks fractured beyond repair.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like you said, not probable.

But, fun to debate.

I don't know what to believe about Kawhi.

Is he broken?

Is he trying to avoid injury to ensure his supermax?

Is he trying to force his way to a large market?

Does he just want a change of scenery, hear a new voice?

Who the hell knows?

So, it's hard to predict where he would, or wouldn't, go.

But.....that lineup's length, playmaking ability and defensive potential would be otherworldly.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man.

I don't see a way around it unless SA refuses. That relationship looks fractured beyond repair.

What's really strange about the Kawhi story is that it seems to be perpetuated almost exclusively by Pop. Certainly nothing coming out of Kawhi's "people".

So here's my tin foil hat conspiracy. Kawhi was legitimately hurt for most of the season. He probably could have played in the past couple of months but he chose to let his quad fully heal because next year is a pivotal year for him. He needs to make an All-NBA squad in order to get the super max deal.

But if he were to get traded this offseason I don't think he qualifies for the super max deal. So I don't think Kawhi is really trying to leave the team though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's really strange about the Kawhi story is that it seems to be perpetuated almost exclusively by Pop. Certainly nothing coming out of Kawhi's "people".

So here's my tin foil hat conspiracy. Kawhi was legitimately hurt for most of the season. He probably could have played in the past couple of months but he chose to let his quad fully heal because next year is a pivotal year for him. He needs to make an All-NBA squad in order to get the super max deal.

But if he were to get traded this offseason I don't think he qualifies for the super max deal. So I don't think Kawhi is really trying to leave the team though.
He doesn't.

Just like Boogie, the Super Max goes bye bye when he's dealt before he's traded.

If he does sign, he then falls into the Blake category of not being trade eligible until December-ish.

Blake didn't get the Super. But, he got the 5th year.