• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you trade Aldon Smith for AJ Green, straight up?

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can keep crabs then no.

If we can't I might think about it, but would probably still say no.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just for fun:

Would you trade Patrick Willis straight up for Dez Bryant?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
shut your face!!!!

:doh:

:suds:

a3y2.jpg

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
...ok my face just un-shut.

Willis for Dez hypothetical (just a hypothetical, not an endorsement). Prose:

Dez is about 4 years younger than The VP.

A #1 WR like Dez is something that would make a difference in the offense like it were night VS day compared to without him.

The defense can still be great without Willis.

Another ILB would be MUCH easier to find than a #1 WR. He wouldn't be as good as The VP, but a starter could be found much more easily (and draft pick(s) would be far less likely to bust).

Kahns:

The VP is a leader & a great guy off the field; Dez is an immature punk like Aldon.

Dez will need a new contract soon, and he's gonna get a ton of money.

Dez & Crabby will both be FAs the same offseason, and they wouldn't be able to tag 'em both; so they'd have to sign Dez to a contract extension once they traded for him like the SeaChickens did with Mr. Injury Bug.

Dez is a Dallas Cowboy, so he probably smells really bad & will take a long time to wash the stench off of him.

Dez isn't nearly as rare or dominant a player as Willis is.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
By the way, I don't think I would do the VP for Dez trade either. They'd have to throw something else in. Something nice.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new hypothetical:

Aldon for Patrick Peterson.

I remember at the time being so pissed when the Cards took PP a few picks before us. Then when we drafted Aldon I was so confused cuz he wasnt even on my radar. Now I would not go back and trade Aldon for PP. The Texans were rumored to have wanted Aldon and I think they ended up getting the even better player in JJ Watt. I would trade Aldon for Watt straight up. He is the better pass rusher and he bats down passes like crazy.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HELLLLLL NO to Willis for Bryant... Patrick Peterson... all things being equal without the duis. Id say no.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I wouldn't.

Don't get me wrong, AJ is a better football player then Aldon. If I were to give or used the Madden's version of rating players, I would give AJ a 98, and I would give Aldon a 96 . He has a lot of areas to improve at within his own position. For instance, he's not spectacular in pass coverage. I wouldn't trust him against a back or TE without giving him some schematic help with the coverage. Whereas, AJ, there's not much he has not mastered with regard to his position. He is deceptively strong, he's not a great blocker but he is okay at it. Therefore, this is why I say he's a better football player than Aldon.

However, the reason why I wouldn't trade him straight up for Aldon is because in the NFL, you don't get that many OLBs with ratings of 96s or 97s. There's a huge drop off after guys like Aldon, Von Miller, Justin Houston, Clay Matthews. The next best guys are in the Mid 80s. Whereas, at the WR position, you can get some many guys who are in the low 90s. Like Percy Harvin, Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Justin Blacmon, Dwayne Bowe, DeSean Jackson, Josh Gordon, etc.

Aldon has had the most sacks ever for a player that has started his first 3 seasons.

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think I'd do it, given our secondary we really need a pass rush and I think that's huge for a defense. The only thing that would make me reconsider is Baalke's track record in drafting receivers so far, he seems to be able to draft for defense (Lemonier, Aldon, etc.).

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U know what I might make this trade now after watching Bowman and Lemon play like that. I am a big AL Smith but I think we might be ok with out him. Lemon is a stud in the makings.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
U know what I might make this trade now after watching Bowman and Lemon play like that. I am a big AL Smith but I think we might be ok with out him. Lemon is a stud in the makings.

We will still get pressure on the QB. Yes he is a force but AJ would make our offense dynamic.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I were SF - yes, the off field stuff aside, imo w/o Justin next to Smith, his production goes down

If I were CIN - no, he's a freak that just doesn't come along too often. In a passing league, he's like gold imo.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that is why Im saying I might do the trade now. 1 problem if we made that trade we would let Crabtree walk then. We will be back to square one with having 1 great WR.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think AJ is right up there with Calvin