• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Would You Rather? Baker vs Burrow

Baker or Burrow

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is what I know. Baker can succeed in the NFL. (with any competent coaching)
Burrow still an unknown against NFL players & NFL coaching.

If my team is next to draft & Burrow is on the board & I have Mayfield on my team. I am not drafting Burrow.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did they top bakers, and bakers outside the pocket, legit asking because bakers numbers outside the pocket were the best ever

The problem with these PFF numbers is that I don't have a membership (maybe I'll invest into the cheaper PFF edge one this year). So, unless the article is completely current and still easy to find. It's tough to recall every detail (seeing as I can't look up the metrics on the site itself without a membership). However, I do remember them saying that Burrow's 2019 metrics basically beat everyone in most every major passing area since they started tracking college players. That was sort of the point of this article. I do remember he was far and away the best with a clean pocket and under duress.

I cannot affirm with assurance whether or not his out of the pocket numbers were discussed.

I would love to sit here and say they were. But I'm going to go with the "honesty is the best policy" route. lol

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trubisky, did u actually watch him? how often
Enough. Had to check out the rumors on why Da Bears was going to select this guy over by boy Watson

but youve seen him in college, playing college games, its not the same, and youve seen exactly what the media wants you to see.
you've actually proven my point, u didnt see allen or blake bc the werent on tv....

Wasn't sure what your point was, I thought this conversation was about Baker and Burrow. Both of who I've seen plenty of times in college because they played for big time schools in big time games

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Enough. Had to check out the rumors on why Da Bears was going to select this guy over by boy Watson

Wasn't sure what your point was, I thought this conversation was about Baker and Burrow. Both of who I've seen plenty of times in college because they played for big time schools in big time games
because trubisky was referenced, drawing correlation, but the point was semi proven there.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here is what I know. Baker can succeed in the NFL. (with any competent coaching)
Burrow still an unknown against NFL players & NFL coaching.

If my team is next to draft & Burrow is on the board & I have Mayfield on my team. I am not drafting Burrow.

Then you’d end up like the Browns. Book it, Cincy will make the playoffs before the Browns.

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then you’d end up like the Browns. Book it, Cincy will make the playoffs before the Browns.
that may very well happen. but the question is now, not presumed.

So if the Browns were up & you were the GM you would draft Burrow & get rid of Mayfield?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. I will go along with you, but what are you seeing as Baker's weaknesses besides Cheesecake?

His attitude & unwillingness to work with a QB coach. And he should keep his big yapper shut. I'm a lifelong Browns fan (hey no jokes!) & I cringe each time he starts talking.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russell Wilson not a lock as a better rookie year? Lmao.
correct. Especially in your world where you can ignore injuries. Not fair to take into account Baker joined an 0-16 team and had a midseason coaching change? and still Wilson not that much better.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. I will go along with you, but what are you seeing as Baker's weaknesses besides Cheesecake?
He definitely needs to grow up. I'm of the opinion that with adults coaching him, 2018 Baker is the Baker we'll get so not sure what his other weaknesses are (though I'm sure he has some). seems like he is accurate, has a strong arm and in the right offense can make quick decisions.

we'll see.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baker had a 25 Wonderlic Score, which is slightly above average, with the median being 20ish I think?
Burrow had a 34 Wonderlic Score, well above average, but no where near Ryan Fitzpatrick's 48 out of 50, but then what else do you expect from a Harvard graduate? Positive or negative?

Tua had a 13, but so did Lamar Jackson. So I can see intelligence aging better than mobility.

So not only is Tua not very smart, but he is seriously injury prone also. Had a great career at Alabama, but I would rather take a chance on Burrow over Tua in the draft this year.
I'd definitely take Burrow over Tua.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think only Browns fans should be allowed to make fun of the team. So the rest of you stop that nonsense! Thank you.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This based on all your film study of Burrow? How he did when you had him at the white board? Your conversation with his coaches?

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that may very well happen. but the question is now, not presumed.

So if the Browns were up & you were the GM you would draft Burrow & get rid of Mayfield?
When you ask the question like that then Baker but who would you rather have in a straight up trade?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
correct. Especially in your world where you can ignore injuries. Not fair to take into account Baker joined an 0-16 team and had a midseason coaching change? and still Wilson not that much better.

Okay...lmao

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you ask the question like that then Baker but who would you rather have in a straight up trade?
I honestly couldnt answer. I dont follow Burrow.

I just know many top 5 drafted Qbs fail in the NFL.
So I was following how the question was presented.

Funny when a debate breaks out though. If the Qb isnt playing like Brady, Brees, Mahomes they are put in a light of sucking or will suck.

Baker has his warts sure. But he can win in the NFL & in less than ideal conditions. Also he is a leader that his team will follow. Give him a HC that is a leader & can control him. Who knows how good he can be.

Burrow. None of us "know" how he will be in the NFL.

He may very well become the next great QB, but as of right now. No one knows. he could become the next Ryan Leaf or RGIII.

I guess I am just following the whole "the devil you know"

3 years from now if this question is asked. I may have a different answer.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think only Browns fans should be allowed to make fun of the team. So the rest of you stop that nonsense! Thank you.
I'd agree if the Brown fans had these topics on their team board. They seem to welcome the input when they put their threads here

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...lmao
Seemed like comp. % a big red flag for Baker to you. wilson not much better. He was also 23rd in yards.....playing on a far better roster.

But, hey, props to you if you came up with a few QBs (even a handful if you prefer) in the history of the sport who had better rookie seasons than Baker.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seemed like comp. % a big red flag for Baker to you. wilson not much better. He was also 23rd in yards.....playing on a far better roster.

But, hey, props to you if you came up with a few QBs (even a handful if you prefer) in the history of the sport who had better rookie seasons than Baker.

He was also 26th in pass attempts. And his comp % wasn't great, but still better. Also, should be noted Wilson was 8th in the league in comp %. Wilson was much better as a rookie overall.

What's the point of going back to the 60's, 70's and 80's to compare? I tried to keep it within the last 20 years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was also 26th in pass attempts. And his comp % wasn't great, but still better. Also, should be noted Wilson was 8th in the league in comp %. Wilson was much better as a rookie overall.

What's the point of going back to the 60's, 70's and 80's to compare? I tried to keep it within the last 20 years.
Yep...and in the last 20 years I'd say maybe a few of your choices were better as rookies...and none joined 0-16 teams, had an OC sabotaging the HC, then had a midseason coaching change.