• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would you pay an extra $10 for football jersey insurance in case the player is traded?

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess to help football jersey sales in Philly a few stores are offering Jersey insurance where if the player is traded or gone within 18 months by paying an extra $10 you can still keep the Jersey you bought but then go get another one as well.

I myself am not a big jersey guy never having bought one so no big deal for me I guess.

Report: Philly sports chain offering Tebow, Bradford jersey insurance

Report: Philly sports chain offering Tebow, Bradford jersey insurance - CBSSports.com

Still bummed about that LeSean McCoy or Nick Foles jersey you've got hanging around in your closet, Eagles fans?

On the fence about dropping another hundred bucks on a Sam Bradford or Tim Tebow jersey?

Well one Philadelphia-area sporting goods store is here to ease your mind.

According to myfoxphilly.com, Schuylkill Valley Sports' 18 locations are now offering jersey insurance.

Yes, jersey insurance. Or, let's be real, Chip Kelly insurance.

While Kelly says it's safe to go out and buy those Bradford jerseys, and that he didn't sign Tebow to be a camp arm, Eagles fans aren't so sure.

Or, as Kelly put it Saturday in an interview with NFL Network, "I don't think about what I think as much as you think about what I think."

The insurance costs $10. If you buy an NFL jersey and that player is then traded or gone from the team within 18 months, you bring back your receipt, and you'll still keep your jersey, but you can then buy another one for half price.

"It's just a little protection. If you want a Tim Tebow Jersey, you can come in, and we'll offer you insurance," Ryan Smyth, a Schuylkill Valley Sports employee, told myfoxphilly.com.

Doesn't sound like a bad idea, especially for Tebow fans.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No because I think you're foolish if you buy a Philly jersery in the first place:D

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, No.

But then, I am not stupid. I have only ever purchased two jerseys and both were gifts for my wife. John Elway and Peyton Manning.

If you are not fan of a player why buy a jersey of that player? People in Philly have got to be shell shocked because Foles is gone, Maclin is gone, and McCoy is gone.

I do like the Nelson Agholor pick though.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerseys are stupidly expensive these days.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything NFL related to include parking, concessions, tickets, merchanidse is stupidly expensive.

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell no.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I would not buy insurance for a jersey. Seems like now a days they want to sell you insurance or extended warranties for every little thing.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I would not buy insurance for a jersey. Seems like now a days they want to sell you insurance or extended warranties for every little thing.
If you bought a Harvin jersey. What that require an insurance or warranty claim? After all he was broke wasn't he? :D

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you bought a Harvin jersey. What that require an insurance or warranty claim? After all he was broke wasn't he? :D
There was no way I was ever buying a Harvin jersey. Didn't like the trade for him, but was hoping for the best. Turns out the worse came about. Only reason to buy a Harvin jersey is so you can burn it and do a vid and post it to YouTube.
You buy insurance for that Hernandez jersey or did you just burn it?:D

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was no way I was ever buying a Harvin jersey. Didn't like the trade for him, but was hoping for the best. Turns out the worse came about. Only reason to buy a Harvin jersey is so you can burn it and do a vid and post it to YouTube.
You buy insurance for that Hernandez jersey or did you just burn it?:D
Nope they didn't have the insurance option then. Luckily Kraft allowed everyone that had purchased from the Pro shop a new jersey of their chosing.
Still I wasnn't one never had his jersey.
However my brother in law and his daughter did get stuck with Harvin jersey's:doh:

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope they didn't have the insurance option then. Luckily Kraft allowed everyone that had purchased from the Pro shop a new jersey of their chosing.
Still I wasnn't one never had his jersey.
However my brother in law and his daughter did get stuck with Harvin jersey's:doh:
Tell to get their video equipment ready, have a Bon fire then post a you tube vid of burning it. That's about the only satisfaction they can get out of those jerseys.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell to get their video equipment ready, have a Bon fire then post a you tube vid of burning it. That's about the only satisfaction they can get out of those jerseys.
Thanks I'll offer them as a possible remedy:lol:

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not a player you shouldn't be wearing the jersey in the first place. You look like a fool.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're not a player you shouldn't be wearing the jersey in the first place. You look like a fool.
Really? You see them every where. Fans supporting their team and players. You just bored?

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You see them every where. Fans supporting their team and players. You just bored?

It's my opinion. I know I'm not alone. I think ya all who wear the jersey's look like complete morons.

A grown man wearing another grown mans name on his body? I's weird, man. Weird.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 867.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's my opinion. I know I'm not alone. I think ya all who wear the jersey's look like complete morons.

Speaking for myself, I only own one and usually only wear it for when I go to the stadium to watch the Seahawks. The whole stadium is filled with folks wearing player jerseys. I don't find it weird, just a show of support.

However each his own, I dislike tattoos, but my boys love them and you see them ever where.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I heard this debate last week on a national radio show. They were saying you couldn't wear one of a player younger than you. I think both are stupid. If you like your team and want to fork out the coin go for it. You're not alone. But there are litteraly hundreds of thousands who think otherwise. i'll sport my Gronk jersey just to piss people off.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cracking up ... My buddy got the official game day Harvin Jersey... He thought it was the greatest jersey in the world in Super Bowl 48 ... Not so much last year ... I think he would have appreciated the insurance .. :)

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cracking up ... My buddy got the official game day Harvin Jersey... He thought it was the greatest jersey in the world in Super Bowl 48 ... Not so much last year ... I think he would have appreciated the insurance .. :)
Honestly it sucks to be him or other fans who get screwed like that.

What kraft did was pretty cool in my opinion.