• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would the Panthers be a better team if?

Tabasco Kat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had
1 Matt Shaub
2 Andy Dalton
3 Christian Ponder
4 Eli Manning
5 Michael Vick
As our starting QB instead of Cam?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning is the only one i would say yes too.

Ponder? seriously? why would you put him there. Dalton is nothing more than a dink and dunk QB Vick despite what everyone wants to believe is still not a great passer, is injury prone.

I gues i could say Schaub wouldnt be too bad.

but i stand by it, except for Eli NO i do not think we would be better

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had
1 Matt Shaub
2 Andy Dalton
3 Christian Ponder
4 Eli Manning
5 Michael Vick
As our starting QB instead of Cam?

Yes
Yes
Meh
Yes
Yes

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes
Yes
Meh
Yes
Yes

tumblr_ma02mtWgtn1r9etlyo1_500.gif

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that Ted Ginn could've run away from the pressure; we need an OL in the worst way, not a new QB. We finally have some receivers outside of Smith and if Cam Newton can't escape that kind of pressure, doncha think we might need some help on the OL?

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure that Ted Ginn could've run away from the pressure; we need an OL in the worst way, not a new QB. We finally have some receivers outside of Smith and if Cam Newton can't escape that kind of pressure, doncha think we might need some help on the OL?

Yes, and I think things got worse with Silatolu's injury -> Wharton didn't look ready to go. As to OP, anyone who saw Schaub play last night, and says 'yes' to that, is trolling or no thinking so clearly.

Tabasco Kat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eli Manning is the only one i would say yes too.

Ponder? seriously? why would you put him there. Dalton is nothing more than a dink and dunk QB Vick despite what everyone wants to believe is still not a great passer, is injury prone.

I gues i could say Schaub wouldnt be too bad.

but i stand by it, except for Eli NO i do not think we would be better
These are the QB's a buddy of mine said would be better than Cam so I just wanted to see what others said, of all that I listed I think if I could pick 1 it would be Shaub though of late he is stinking it up.

That being said I want to keep Cam and let us build around him and Gettlemen wants to do this through the draft more than free agency I have no problem with that but sometimes you need to address the issues or suffer through the losses.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are the QB's a buddy of mine said would be better than Cam so I just wanted to see what others said, of all that I listed I think if I could pick 1 it would be Shaub though of late he is stinking it up.

That being said I want to keep Cam and let us build around him and Gettlemen wants to do this through the draft more than free agency I have no problem with that but sometimes you need to address the issues or suffer through the losses.

the problem with all of those QB's you have listed is that they need a good supporting cast to be succesfull. they do not elivate the play of those around them verry much

SuperGnat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am not a big Cam fan, I think our problems have more to do with the O-line. Cam could be a good fit with the right coaches and talent around him.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From an outsider looking in who's watched two Panthers games this year - Buffy and Zona - your problems seem to run deeper than QB. Trouble protecting the QB, pressuring the QB, and stopping the run. Play-calling seems curious at times. Drops hurt Cam on Sunday, too. There just seems to be something a bit off with the whole operation. Listen, I'm a Lions fan, so I'm all too used to that! Good luck going forward.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be more than happy to trade Dalton for Cam. You can forget about the ball traveling more than 12 yards in the air when Dalton is your QB

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd stick with Cam. Eli is the only one I'd considered, but I doubt he could do much better.

SuperGnat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our O-Line, we need a very mobile QB. For some reason, they are trying to keep Cam in the pocket.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With our O-Line, we need a very mobile QB. For some reason, they are trying to keep Cam in the pocket.

im going to ecko what some people are saying on ESPN. many believe that Cam's problem and in some ways his regression are on the coaching staff. namely the current offensive scheme does not play to his strengths. i kind of believe that as we are pretty conservative at time on offense. however i also say its some of the players around him, im not going into huge specifics at this time but i think if everyone really looks at it i think you will see what im saying.

and i am in noway a quick coaching change kind of person, i still believe Fox should be here and Hurney should have been sent packing, but i do think this coaching staff is not up to par.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defenses have been booking up and practicing for the read option in the off-season, so I can understand why we're seeing less of that from Carolina. But yeah, they def need to get him rolling out some, starting last week, lol.

David_son

I'm so confused
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your pretty good with Cam I think your problem is Rivera.