• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Would/Should Lakers Stick w/ MDA Over D12?

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the piece, Phil stated because of his prostate cancer and the rigors of coaching, he is not interested in coaching much anymore. He is however interested in ownership and FO positions. So, he won't be around the Lakers as much except to spend time with his main squeeze, Jeanie.

We all no Short boy is the driving force behind this franchise dysfunction and we have already discussed the ramifications of it. I still think B. Shaw will be the next coach but it does little good to then encourage Don'tknowi to re-work his staff if they are also planning on get rid of him. Pretty dysfunctional if you ask me.

You speak for yourself, not all fans. "We all no" [sic]

B. Shaw might be the next coach... of the Pistons.

You seem to be the dysfunctional one who doesn't get the plan.

D'Antoini's job is so safe he just bought a SEVEN MILLION DOLLAR HOUSE!

He's got the support of the Owner, GM, & star player(s). Get used to it or eat yourself up with hate. There were a lot of injuries- only a child or a curmudgeon would fail to see it and admit it.

Thumper

The "winners" won't let me post.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right Kold. That freakin' Short boy is just effing this whole thing up.

We didn't win a title... you missed the whole injury thing, right?

If B. Shaw eschews the Lakers, we are pretty much stuck with Don'tknowi and I believe the same results will happen next year.

You think everybody will get hurt again?

One definition of insanity is to continue to do the same things and expect different results.

The statement applies very well to you.

I fear that we will be in the same predicament a year from now-No closer to a championship and everyone will a year older.

Maybe some day you will make a single positive statement. Something to look forward too.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right Kold. That freakin' Short boy is just effing this whole thing up. If B. Shaw eschews the Lakers, we are pretty much stuck with Don'tknowi and I believe the same results will happen next year. One definition of insanity is to continue to do the same things and expect different results. I fear that we will be in the same predicament a year from now-No closer to a championship and everyone will a year older.

This!

Kobe stated during his interview, that the core group is under contract for one more year and this can really be their last shot at a championship. History has already shown Dantoni's system is not one to win a championship. Its great for teams with no history, that likes regular season accolades. I would choose, scoring less, playing way more defense, over this so called uptempo garbage

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Something is going to have to change Jayviabay but we are probably going to have to wait a year to see any of it.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need a small forward and a young athletic point guard that can play defense.....

Btw, I have no respect for Big Red Slugs, as he's a pussy that goes around putting everyone on ignore who disagrees with him. Be a man Big Reds Slugs, not a little girl...

Peace!!

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lakers need a small forward and a young athletic point guard that can play defense.....

Btw, I have no respect for Big Red Slugs, as he's a pussy that goes around putting everyone on ignore who disagrees with him. Be a man Big Reds Slugs, not a little girl...

Peace!!

Sman,

I hit the "view post" button on the off-chance that you might have something meaningful to add. And you did. What small forwards and young athletic point guards that can play defense do you think are feasible targets for the Lakers? I like Kyle Lowry, personally.

And I understand your displeasure with me, but I'm sorry, you just seem to do more trolling than anything else most of the time. Rarely do you come at me, so I'm not really taking it personally, it just gets old reading stuff that I don't think even you believe in yourself. You seem to spew often just to aggravate others. Those are the types of people that I "put on ignore," so that I can more easily skip over their posts, but I will read from time to time, whatever that's worth.

At any rate, I look forward to your (or anyone's) thoughts on the SF/PG discussion, but maybe you should start another thread where we can keep that discussion separate from the MDA v. D12 discussion.

Love,

BRS

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And then I like amnesty applied to Metta and cutting Duhon and eBanks to suit up CP3 right across the hall.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Lakers can get CP3!! I'd love to see it, but I don't know how they clear the cap space. Remember, at this point, anyone that they amnesty will merely provide some luxury tax relief and not really clear any cap space.

I could be wrong, but I'd love to see how they can clear the space needed to get CP3!!

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Lakers can get CP3!! I'd love to see it, but I don't know how they clear the cap space. Remember, at this point, anyone that they amnesty will merely provide some luxury tax relief and not really clear any cap space.

I could be wrong, but I'd love to see how they can clear the space needed to get CP3!!

one reason i'd LOVE to see this pulled off(ok, 2 reasons. the guy can play), it'd fix David Stern and his thumbsing down the CP3 trade for "basketball reasons"(is ANYBODY closer to figuring out what exactly that is)...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ChiefsLakers: We can pull it off if we trade Nash to Toronto for Lowry and jettison a number of contracts such as Metta's, Duhon, EBanks, and Meeks or Blake's or both if I did my math right. We would have to get other teams to pick up those contracts and we would not have much leftover for other players. We'd probably have to bring a bunch of D-league players where Goudelock came to fill out the bench from there but who cares. Now if Kobe gets in the mix voluntarily that would change a lot of variables. But I doubt if that will occur.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey ChiefsLakers: We can pull it off if we trade Nash to Toronto for Lowry and jettison a number of contracts such as Metta's, Duhon, EBanks, and Meeks or Blake's or both if I did my math right. We would have to get other teams to pick up those contracts and we would not have much leftover for other players. We'd probably have to bring a bunch of D-league players where Goudelock came to fill out the bench from there but who cares. Now if Kobe gets in the mix voluntarily that would change a lot of variables. But I doubt if that will occur.

Has there even been any interest in a Nash for Lowry trade? I know that Nash is Canadian, but why would Toronto give Lowry up for him?

Big Red Slugs

Captain Hook
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has there even been any interest in a Nash for Lowry trade? I know that Nash is Canadian, but why would Toronto give Lowry up for him?

Before Toronto made the Rudy Gay trade, it was rumored they were keen on keeping Jose Calderon over Kyle Lowry, and that made a lot of teams think Lowry was available, but then when TOR finally made the deal, they included Calderon instead of Lowry (sending Calderon to DET). Whether TOR actually undervalues Lowry or whether they were just trying to drive up the price for Calderon, is anyone's guess. But regardless they value Nash more than any other franchise and would be willing to part with more, perhaps even Lowry.

That's my take, I could be way off or missed something, but that was the impression I got.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some interest when the rumors were swirling that Phil was interested in a coaching job with Toronto but since Phil is headed to Detroit to help them find a new head coach, the Nash for Lowry talk has died down. Since I was mentioning possibilities, that trade is a possibility albeit a slim one at this juncture. If it gets revived around draft time, it'll be only from a perspective that Toronto wants Nash for several other reasons, one of which you already mentioned even though that is further down the list. So, the list of possibilities I presented are that but they have to be tempered by degree as of now. I mean Metta has to want to leave as he has mentioned he wants to finish his career in New York but since that admission he has changed his mind, So once again, these are possibilities that at present may be remote. But if I have learned anything of watching the Lakers for 50+ years is that what seems remote now may turn out to be stronger later.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
one reason i'd LOVE to see this pulled off(ok, 2 reasons. the guy can play), it'd fix David Stern and his thumbsing down the CP3 trade for "basketball reasons"(is ANYBODY closer to figuring out what exactly that is)...

On top of that, imagine the crying from Dan Gilbert and Mark Cuban if they pulled it off!!

I can hear Kobe now: "Hey Cuban, amnesty this!!"

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are spot on BRS as more info arises about the Lowry for Nash deal.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trojanfan12. I would love for Kobe to tell Cuban that straight-up!!

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was some interest when the rumors were swirling that Phil was interested in a coaching job with Toronto but since Phil is headed to Detroit to help them find a new head coach, the Nash for Lowry talk has died down. Since I was mentioning possibilities, that trade is a possibility albeit a slim one at this juncture. If it gets revived around draft time, it'll be only from a perspective that Toronto wants Nash for several other reasons, one of which you already mentioned even though that is further down the list. So, the list of possibilities I presented are that but they have to be tempered by degree as of now. I mean Metta has to want to leave as he has mentioned he wants to finish his career in New York but since that admission he has changed his mind, So once again, these are possibilities that at present may be remote. But if I have learned anything of watching the Lakers for 50+ years is that what seems remote now may turn out to be stronger later.

I agree!! I've always found it funny that when Laker fans bring up certain trade and/or free agent possibilities we are often called delusional despite the fact the Lakers have a long history of doing exactly that.

I distinctly remember that there were many non-Laker fans on cbs saying we were delusional and that Dwight was not coming to L.A.!!