• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst power 5 teams

TechRaiderRider

Wreck Em!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it is going to take the new coach at Tech longer than the new coaches at West Virginia and Kansas State. So I'd include K-State > Tech right now.
disagree -
i like what i'm seein in our squad -
(losin the sr safety really sux, tho,
what an idiot)

coach will want to run the ball
a bit more than tech fans are accustomed,
and that may prove difficult
with a young backfield
plus the grad transfer for the utes,
as well as a new center -

even tho we'll likely see a few ass kickins,
i see tech improving this year,
and finishing ahead of
birds, cats, eers n toads -

wreck em!

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But lets be honest, Louisville was in good shape when he left the first time, leaving with a 12-1 record.

Arkansas is similar. He was in a really good position, jut got caught cheating on his wife with an employee and got in an accident.... leaving Arkansas at 11-2 record.

I am honestly surprised that Louisville fired him from the second go-around last year. I mean he was pretty consistent for them, winning 8-9 every year (except 2018). I think Louisville was banking on landing Brohm and said 'fuck it'. Granted I don't think Satterfield is a bad hire. Petrino has never had a season like last year, so I wonder what was going on.

He actually leaves a smoldering pile of trash behind each time. Louisville and Arkansas he had a good record his last year but he bailed and both of those teams lost key players and immediately tanked the year after. I think the best regular season record a team has had the season after he left is like 6-6.

What happened at Louisville started on the defensive side of the ball with a couple bad d-coordinator hires in a row. They were supposed to be close to bowl eligible because he usually doesn't field a bad offense...........Bobby Petrino ended up fielding a bad offense. There were a lot of cracks in the offense that Lamar Jackson hid, but apparently they didn't do a good job developing his successor.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
disagree -
i like what i'm seein in our squad -
(losin the sr safety really sux, tho,
what an idiot)

coach will want to run the ball
a bit more than tech fans are accustomed,
and that may prove difficult
with a young backfield
plus the grad transfer for the utes,
as well as a new center -

even tho we'll likely see a few ass kickins,
i see tech improving this year,
and finishing ahead of
birds, cats, eers n toads -

wreck em!
I hope you are right. Tech's got some momentum in the athletic department right now. It'd be good if football could add to that.

Still think Wells has a larger task in front of him than some of the other first year coaches..but maybe Coach GQ left it better than I anticipate.

I think you can win two of those four you listed. I'd say Kansas and TCU more than the other two.

TechRaiderRider

Wreck Em!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you are right. Tech's got some momentum in the athletic department right now. It'd be good if football could add to that.

Still think Wells has a larger task in front of him than some of the other first year coaches..but maybe Coach GQ left it better than I anticipate.

I think you can win two of those four you listed. I'd say Kansas and TCU more than the other two.
tech has the cats at home
in late nov -

are you suggesting tech
will only win 2 conf games ??

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tech has the cats at home
in late nov -

are you suggesting tech
will only win 2 conf games ??
No...I think they'll win two of those four you listed plus another one or two...possibly three.
If you look at the opponents' schedules leading up to the Tech games, it looks good for Tech. I really like Tech's chances against the imposter aggies in Lubbock. Iowa State too...they'll be coming off five straight games including a trip to West Virginia immediately prior to traveling to Lubbock. A win at Baylor is entirely possible too.

Check out TCU's end of year schedule...seven straight conference games and the order ain't promising. I'm afraid the old toadies may be in for a difficult year.

Like I said, I hope you are right. It'd be good to see the football team add to the momentum.

Blackshirts BLVD

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He actually leaves a smoldering pile of trash behind each time. Louisville and Arkansas he had a good record his last year but he bailed and both of those teams lost key players and immediately tanked the year after. I think the best regular season record a team has had the season after he left is like 6-6.

I just don't agree with this. Arkansas had a good team, problem was that they hired a .500 coach in John L. Smith. Same could be said for Louisville, Kragthorpe is a .500 coach too. You get what you put in.

I am not saying that Petrino is the greatest ever, just that he deserves some credit for being a decent coach. He Louisville was an average team and he made them nationally relevant during his time there. All I am saying is that given the history Louisville has, I think they fired him a little prematurely. Unless there are other circumstances behind the scenes that I am unaware of. As for the coaching/ talent turnover... that isn't an excuse for me, that is commonplace in CFB. Petrino absolutely should have been more on top of his game this past year, no argument from me, but one down year and you are going to fire him... who does Louisville think they are, Nebraska?

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake news. Just based on teams in our conference that were mentioned we're going to be worse than Maryland, Indiana, and Purdue this year but we aren't even mentioned in this list.

TechRaiderRider

Wreck Em!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No...I think they'll win two of those four you listed plus another one or two...possibly three.
If you look at the opponents' schedules leading up to the Tech games, it looks good for Tech. I really like Tech's chances against the imposter aggies in Lubbock. Iowa State too...they'll be coming off five straight games including a trip to West Virginia immediately prior to traveling to Lubbock. A win at Baylor is entirely possible too.

Check out TCU's end of year schedule...seven straight conference games and the order ain't promising. I'm afraid the old toadies may be in for a difficult year.

Like I said, I hope you are right. It'd be good to see the football team add to the momentum.
fair enuf -
i can see tech with 4, maybe 5 conf wins -

you gonna make it to the utep game?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fake news. Just based on teams in our conference that were mentioned we're going to be worse than Maryland, Indiana, and Purdue this year but we aren't even mentioned in this list.

Maybe, like the rest of America, they simply forgot the Gophers existed.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enuf -
i can see tech with 4, maybe 5 conf wins -

you gonna make it to the utep game?
Nah, bad date. Wish I could. Easy trip up there from Snyder.

My oldest daughter/son-in-law requested us for grandparent duty in Fort Worth that weekend.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cal finds an offense this year they're going to be deadly imo. Their defense was ranked 15th overall in the country last season and it should be just as good this year if not better.
Sounds like Utah.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The UCLA transfer was decent in HS. If he can be average they will be alright.

I think their coach is the real deal.
No doubt, Whittingham is a good coach. The old MWC had some good coaches with him, Petersen at Boise and Patterson at TCU.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt, Whittingham is a good coach. The old MWC had some good coaches with him, Petersen at Boise and Patterson at TCU.

He is but I was referring to Wilcox.

Whittingham is great as well. They got lucky when Meyer used it as a stepping stone but he is as good as it gets.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rutgers lost to Kansas by 41.

Let that one sink in...

giphy.gif

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cal finds an offense this year they're going to be deadly imo. Their defense was ranked 15th overall in the country last season and it should be just as good this year if not better.

Cal's defense + Illinois offense = 7-5 team