• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst postseason in history

Worst postseason?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed most of the games last weekend because we were traveling... although i did manage to see the last 5 minutes of Pitt/KC, which had some drama with the holding call on the two-point play.

But yesterday absolutely sucked, and I can't really remember anything exciting from the divisional round games

Well the Cowboys/Pack was one of the best games of the year but even the Steelers/Chiefs game was not that great of a game even though it was close

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless you are a Pats or Falcons fan then yes

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only good defense in the NFC playoffs was New York- Seattle was cooked out of the oven minus Earl- and the Giants' offense was to put it in glowing terms- vile.

Maybe the Giants had a good reputation on defense & played well in the regular season. However - their defense was anything but good against the Packers. They gave up tons up pts and yds (even after a cheap shot took out Nelson). When you give up 38 pts (& not mainly via turnovers or special teams) the defense has to step up & take the blame.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the Giants had a good reputation on defense & played well in the regular season. However - their defense was anything but good against the Packers. They gave up tons up pts and yds (even after a cheap shot took out Nelson). When you give up 38 pts (& not mainly via turnovers or special teams) the defense has to step up & take the blame.

They played a pretty dominant first half vs the Packers, hail mary aside

Towards the 4th QTR, it was pretty apparent they were gassed, as a result of their stellar offense putting them back on the field repeatedly

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be lying if I said that this postseason hasn't only continued to make me lose interest in the NFL. Along with the game becoming way too offense/QB-oriented these days, the whole players not standing for the national anthem before games shtick and the NFL's endorsement of it (It seriously irks me when celebrity millionaires try to get all political like they have a strong understanding of the various injustices/hardships of the world compared to far less fortunate people with regular jobs), the NFL isn't nearly as interesting to me as it used to be. I'll still tune into games that interest me when I'm able to, but I don't go way out of my way to do so.

Also, maybe it's just because the Patriots as an organization are simply run much better than most of the rest, but I'm just sick of seeing them in the AFC championship game basically every year, and the SB half the years since the Brady/Belichick era began. Every year, it seems like the NFL is getting more and more like the NBA, without much parity. Sure, there are some surprises here and there every season, but the seasons seem to be getting more predictable on the whole each year. If your team doesn't have at least a top 10 QB (preferably top 5) or an all-decade elite defense to make up for a lack of one, forget about winning the Superbowl.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There has been some bad post seasons before that are in this same ballpark as this year's post season.

The 2000 playoffs that saw the Ravens take their first Super Bowl win. Go back and look at those games. That was brutal.

Another I remember being really bad was 1985, when the Bears won their only Super Bowl. Those games were awful as well.

The Bears did not allow a single touchdown until the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl itself. Add in a Rams shutout of the Cowboys in the divisional round and the NFC Playoffs that year were just atrocious! In 4 NFC Playoff Games in 1985, the losing teams combined to score 3 points!

The AFC did have a couple close games that year. Until the Patriots beat the shit out of the Dolphins in the AFCCG.

It is kind of funny how we always remember the most recent as being the best or the worst.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup

all but one were entertaining

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm happy............................ so far.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When the Eagles dominated the Falcons and Steelers the games weren't close either.