• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst postseason in history

Worst postseason?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here, I will enjoy it to, but I think ATL has a better chance then you think.
I think the Falcons have a great shot at winning. I was referring to the Patriots virtual free pass to the SB they get pretty much every year.

They deserve credit for pounding their opponents, but the Texans and the Steelers without Bell?

Shaggy

Administrator
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Falcons have a great shot at winning. I was referring to the Patriots virtual free pass to the SB they get pretty much every year.

They deserve credit for pounding their opponents, but the Texans and the Steelers without Bell?

True. Easily walked in.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The AFC is a joke. The Patriots only have to deal with one legit team to make the superbowl yearly. NFC is so competitive. No way the Pats make 5 or 6 straight conference title games playing in the NFC.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The AFC is a joke. The Patriots only have to deal with one legit team to make the superbowl yearly. NFC is so competitive. No way the Pats make 5 or 6 straight conference title games playing in the NFC.
Meh. Pick a division where they don't average 12 wins a year for the better part of the last 10 years. AFCEast not offering intradivision resistance is the main problem with the AFC. The Packers and Seahawks could make them sweat at least.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least the Super Bowls for the most part are entertaining now. There's only been what? 3 real blow outs in the 2000s. Ravens over the Gianst 34-7 2001, Bucs over the Raiders 48-21 2003, and the Hawks 43-8 over the Broncos 2014.

And the other SBs that ended with the victor having a 2 score win still had enough drama to be decent.

The Steelers 21-10 win over the Hawks in 2006 had the officiating controversey.

The Saints 31-17 win over the Colts in 2010 was still a game till Tracy Porter pick 6ed Peyton in the last 3 or 4 minutes of the game.

The Broncos 24-10 over the Panthers was a game till at least halfway through the 4th quarter. Than there was Cam's "I'm taking my ball and going home cuz you guys are being mean to me." post game interview that was worth a few giggles and grins.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been a bad post season, but more than just the games and the competition. Every year it seems the injury rate increases, and the rosters are depleted to a point where it feels like watching a pre-season game. A great SB will help ease the offseason, but this is an issue that's gonna keep plaguing the NFL unless something drastic is done.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the SB is entertaining that will make up for a lot. But yes, surprisingly weak playoffs in which most favorites walked all over the other teams. The Pittsburgh Steelers and Packers were surprises but they were no match for their opponents in the title games.

Now most people will root for the Falcons and that will be somewhat amusing, but no one is really excited about this Super Bowl outside Atlanta and New England.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Chelsea is annoyingly good
I practically take them for granted to be honest with the resources they have. Probably the only team I am calling for heads if they're just "really good" instead of top of the table- or very close. Kind of the opposite mentality I have for the Royals.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I practically take them for granted to be honest with the resources they have. Probably the only team I am calling for heads if they're just "really good" instead of top of the table- or very close. Kind of the opposite mentality I have for the Royals.
8 points clear with 16 to go. You're good. Get ready for Champions League next year. Although I fully expect Liverpool to win this weekend.

phantomfoul88

"Send Lawyers, Guns, and Money"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the exception of GB/Dal and KC/Pitt it was pretty dreadful.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about the playoffs. Not sure about the AFC but in the NFC most of the defenses pretty much didn't show up in these games. Rodgers had issues yesterday but a lot more of that was due to mistakes made by his own team rather than the Falcons D (although they were just about the only NFC defense to do anything in the playoffs).

Not sure if it is the rules, injuries or continued focus on offense, but defenses continue to get worse every season. Packers defense certainly didn't show up yesterday.

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both the CFB and NFL playoffs are a scary example of just how poor the overrall
talent level is in the college ranks. There's literally less than a hand full of elite teams out there.
The NCAA needs to chop Division 1 into 3 divisions. Right now the talent pool is too dilluted for there to be many contenders. Almost half of the schools in the highest college football division could go undefeated and never sniff a playoff game which is silly.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes and it's gonna be worse for the SB, BB gets two weeks to prepare for the Falcons offense...

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pats haven't won shit since Lynchgate.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree about the playoffs. Not sure about the AFC but in the NFC most of the defenses pretty much didn't show up in these games. Rodgers had issues yesterday but a lot more of that was due to mistakes made by his own team rather than the Falcons D (although they were just about the only NFC defense to do anything in the playoffs).

Not sure if it is the rules, injuries or continued focus on offense, but defenses continue to get worse every season. Packers defense certainly didn't show up yesterday.
Only good defense in the NFC playoffs was New York- Seattle was cooked out of the oven minus Earl- and the Giants' offense was to put it in glowing terms- vile.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 400,000.26
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed most of the games last weekend because we were traveling... although i did manage to see the last 5 minutes of Pitt/KC, which had some drama with the holding call on the two-point play.

But yesterday absolutely sucked, and I can't really remember anything exciting from the divisional round games

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would probably help if they seeded teams by records, more so then winning their division.

The Giants playing on the road in wild card weekend, even though they had the second best record in the NFC is stupid.

While the Texans who had the worst record in the AFC hosts a game.
I don't think this would have made a bit of difference. In the AFC, the only difference is the Raiders would have gotten the Texans at home. They'd still get bombed at home without Carr, the Texans still go on to get bombed in New England, and the Steelers still bomb the Dolphins.

In the NFC, you get an extremely unattractive Lions at Giants matchup that the Giants probably win, only for them to go to Atlanta and get bombed. Then you get Packers at Seahawks, an intriguing matchup, but with the Seahawks defense banged up I think the Packers win, then the rest of the NFC plays out the same.

So all in all if you seeded by record you get maybe one better game. But who really cares, if you want a home game in the playoffs win your division.