• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worst officated game since the Seahawks-Steelers superbowl

SFAnthem

Brain dead Hacker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree ......i am only jumping in this thread because the title grabbed me

i am all about letting the loss sink in then talking shit :D

ps......and the one where some guy was giving me shit because i thought it would be a close game

Sounds petty

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree ......i am only jumping in this thread because the title grabbed me

i am all about letting the loss sink in then talking shit :D

ps......and the one where some guy was giving me shit because i thought it would be a close game

No one cares what you and some guy were talking about. Send him a private message if you like.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds petty

No one cares what you and some guy were talking about. Send him a private message if you like.

petty.....because i shared my opinion on a thread that was blaming the loss on refs?......the lines after that were in good fun (its a message board)....i do not crap on other fans

robotech:....see part where i said its a MESSAGE BOARD...........i have shared my opinion multiple times on this board and do not troll or talk bad about fans on the team boards

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hes the kick return by the ravens play----check out Miller(#49)

jbgwFLoSYPngxs.png

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
My take on the penalties - or total lack thereof: they didn't cost the Niners the game. They did that themselves with some truly horrible play early on. But the Niners likely win if the officials actually call the game in a reasonable fashion, even if we set the Crabtree play aside. The Niners probably benefited from one or two calls, but were hurt by far more IMO.

The officials let the game get out of hand early. To my mind it was more the Ravens than the Niners. They were constantly hitting the Niners after the play ended, including an incompletion when first Ray Lewis and then a DB (didn't catch who) blatantly hit the receiver well after the whistle. Failure to flag that sort of thing led to the brawl, in which Cary Williams basically attacked an official. That was a joke. Justin Smith pushes an official's hand off him when the official is pushing him, and he's ejected. Williams goes after an official doesn't even draw a flag.

Among the other plays that were dubious, Culliver was clearly interfered with on the one play in which he was actually in position. Torrey Smith hit him in the head and grabbed him before the ball arrived on what would very likely have been an INT. The double hold on Miller above - incidentally the guy whose lane was compromised - was clear. There was also a pretty clear block in the back on Dashon Goldson when he was in position to make a tackle short of the first down marker on what I believe was a third down.

As said, the complaining about the officiating rings a little hollow given how poorly we played for the first 31 minutes of the game, but this was just a piss poor showing by the league IMO.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure many of you have talked crap about the Seahawks blaming the refs on there loss. Quit coming down to there level. Yes there could of been flags on 3rd and 4th down. But there wasn't.

Our shitty start and play calling didnt help us one bit. I'm as mad as most of you. But we should if put this game in our own hands. We are better then this. It's over we move on.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure many of you have talked crap about the Seahawks blaming the refs on there loss. Quit coming down to there level. Yes there could of been flags on 3rd and 4th down. But there wasn't.

Our shitty start and play calling didnt help us one bit. I'm as mad as most of you. But we should if put this game in our own hands. We are better then this. It's over we move on.

Yeah, if we felt we were exactly equal, then the refs are the concern. But if you think we're better, our performance is also a big concern. If you think we're worse, well, they deserve it (because they played well and would be better if you think so). I wouldn't feel terrible for being robbed of a steal, per se.

ChrisPozz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
My take on the penalties - or total lack thereof: they didn't cost the Niners the game. They did that themselves with some truly horrible play early on. But the Niners likely win if the officials actually call the game in a reasonable fashion, even if we set the Crabtree play aside. The Niners probably benefited from one or two calls, but were hurt by far more IMO.

The officials let the game get out of hand early. To my mind it was more the Ravens than the Niners. They were constantly hitting the Niners after the play ended, including an incompletion when first Ray Lewis and then a DB (didn't catch who) blatantly hit the receiver well after the whistle. Failure to flag that sort of thing led to the brawl, in which Cary Williams basically attacked an official. That was a joke. Justin Smith pushes an official's hand off him when the official is pushing him, and he's ejected. Williams goes after an official doesn't even draw a flag.

Among the other plays that were dubious, Culliver was clearly interfered with on the one play in which he was actually in position. Torrey Smith hit him in the head and grabbed him before the ball arrived on what would very likely have been an INT. The double hold on Miller above - incidentally the guy whose lane was compromised - was clear. There was also a pretty clear block in the back on Dashon Goldson when he was in position to make a tackle short of the first down marker on what I believe was a third down.

As said, the complaining about the officiating rings a little hollow given how poorly we played for the first 31 minutes of the game, but this was just a piss poor showing by the league IMO.

Mike Pereira: On Jacoby Jones kick return there is no holding on a double team block unless the defender is taken to the ground. He wasn't.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe someone already pointed it out...

but the last three NFC west teams to make it to the superbowl...

lost to the NFC North each time...

FUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Pereira: On Jacoby Jones kick return there is no holding on a double team block unless the defender is taken to the ground. He wasn't.

such bullshit. So now two defenders could sandwich players, wrap their arms around him and hold him there as long as they don't go to the ground? why don't more teams do this then? seems like the most effective way to get your man into the endzone.

One guy wrapped around his waist, the other guy holding his shoulder pad, sandwiching our guy, but it's not holding. incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
such bullshit. So now two defenders could sandwich players, wrap their arms around him and hold him there as long as they don't go to the ground? why don't more teams do this then? seems like the most effective way to get your man into the endzone.

Haha! I laughed when I read that as well - it seems as if Pereira is just making shit up as he goes along - Even if that is an accurate interpretation of whatever rule he is making up - it is a REALLY stupid rule.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

One guy wrapped around his waist, the other guy holding his shoulder pad, sandwiching our guy, but it's not holding. incredible.

right? how the hell can that be the rule

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pereira = longtime referee supervisor and rules expert

you guys = not longtime referees or rules experts, who are also trying to find fault with the refs' SB performance anywhere possible

No mystery who I go with here.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you guys = not longtime referees or rules experts, who are also trying to find fault with the refs' SB performance anywhere possible

I wonder what the rule is. I wish he would've cited it. Keep in mind that Pereira also said that the 4th down play was a good no-call, while another longtime referee supervisor and rules expert, Jim Daopoulos, said it was definitely defensive holding. It's one thing to say that officials don't like to throw a flag late in the game; it's quite another thing to say that play was not a penalty according to the rulebook. Maybe Pereira is sometimes wrong.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:lol:

It obviously never occurred to you that Pereira's first instinct is to protect his fraternity brothers. You're a complete fool if you don't think that plays a part in his bogus explanations of incorrect calls.

Pereira is wrong here just like he was ridiculously wrong when explaining how that was a catch in the Atlanta game. That still makes me laugh when that dipshit was explaining that it actually is a catch because the falcons WR's left hand never comes off the ball, and at the exact moment he is saying that on FOX during the replay they show the guy's left hand come off the ball as he rolls over onto his back and then he regains control with his right hand....

That is your perfect Pereira right there... doing the HUMAN thing and defending his brothers.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was Ray's Super Bowl. The officials were not going to make a late game call to change that no matter how obvious. We needed to put the ball in the endzone after that Gore run, but our playcalling was horrible.

Gotta say, I hate to view it this way, but I don't think it's a complete coincidence that the NFC West was twice the victim of some really bad calls in a super bowl against an AFC North opponent who had a likely HOF player who had announced his retirement heading into the game.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what the rule is. I wish he would've cited it. Keep in mind that Pereira also said that the 4th down play was a good no-call, while another longtime referee supervisor and rules expert, Jim Daopoulos, said it was definitely defensive holding. It's one thing to say that officials don't like to throw a flag late in the game; it's quite another thing to say that play was not a penalty according to the rulebook. Maybe Pereira is sometimes wrong.

This! Well said once again Robo!

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Exactly, I guess I'd feel a lot more outraged about the non-call if the 49ers had played better initially without so many mistakes --- in other words, if we had played well throughout the game and it came down to the non-call, I'd be a lot more upset, but the fact is that if the defense had just gotten a stop on the field goal drive before -- it would have come down to a field goal at the 5 yard line and it all would have been moot.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haha! I laughed when I read that as well - it seems as if Pereira is just making shit up as he goes along - Even if that is an accurate interpretation of whatever rule he is making up - it is a REALLY stupid rule.

Sometimes when I talk about my alternate universe, people try to correct it on logic, and I'm like, "no, this is a very accurate reality of the world I made up!" If my sister-in-law can walk into an oven while I'm yelling at her for her problems, it's not impossible for that to happen because I'm the one who made up this darn universe! (I'm referring to a dream I had where she did this while I was arguing with her. I knew it was a dream when she walked into the oven, but for some reason, it seemed plausible in that dream world.)

Yes, I'm crazier here than I am in real life. Just my e-personality. (It helps to tell myself that.)

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I sometimes look to Pereira, but I have to keep in mind that if he were the ref that called that on the field, would I be saying, "yeah, you're right, that wasn't a hold, you're an expert"? No, I'd be saying that he made what he thinks is a subjective call that I subjectively think is wrong and he should go to hell. Well, that was harsh, but it's true. Just cause he retired doesn't mean he's right. All refs as far as knowledge of the rules are experts, they just call things differently and are human, too.