• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Worse moment for your team

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read through the thread yet, but mine is, and im pretty sure another Trojan fan mentioned it, the 41 point underdog Stanford team. Fuck! That one hurts.

Not the Kiffin goal line stand play calls?
:whistle:

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not the Kiffin goal line stand play calls?
:whistle:

Against Notre Lame? Refresh my memory because im kind of drunk right now. But, if you are talking about anytime when Lane was the coach, then that dont hurt me as much because those teams didn't have the expectations as the the Carroll years.

What do hurt the most, is the lost tp Texas. Before that lost, we were on a 34 game winning streak and I truly thought it was impossible for USc to lose a game. My confidence in USC not losing, was the same as believing in God. No lie! I forgot what is was like to lose a game. Seeing Pete Carroll face, after White was stopped on 4th and 1, was seeing was like looking at a dad seeing his daughter being raped but couldn't do nothing about it.

That damn Vince Young! :L

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Against Notre Lame? Refresh my memory because im kind of drunk right now. But, if you are talking about anytime when Lane was the coach, then that dont hurt me as much because those teams didn't have the expectations as the the Carroll years.

What do hurt the most, is the lost tp Texas. Before that lost, we were on a 34 game winning streak and I truly thought it was impossible for USc to lose a game. My confidence in USC not losing, was the same as believing in God. No lie! I forgot what is was like to lose a game. Seeing Pete Carroll face, after White was stopped on 4th and 1, was seeing was like looking at a dad seeing his daughter being raped but couldn't do nothing about it.

That damn Vince Young! :L

Hugs?
dr-evil-crying1.gif

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had it, man. ! We had it all. We block that punt. Major wins the game.

We go on to pull a friggin' Major Applewhite miracle in the 2001 NCG... greatest story ever told!!!!

Fucking Simms.

If you want to write about punts... 1984 Cotton Bowl Georgia Texas All we have to do is field the punt and Texas wins the 1983 MNC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bzDIkKwJgw

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to write about punts... 1984 Cotton Bowl Georgia Texas All we have to do is field the punt and Texas wins the 1983 MNC.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bzDIkKwJgw

Yeah was there with some friends; one of the starters on that defense grew up with us, and we went over to the place in the stands where his parents were sitting as the stands emptied after the game, for mutual consolation. Devastation. I remember pulling a half empty bottle of vodka out of my pocket and chugging it empty, dropping it on the ground, and walking away.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me, I'm thinking that BYU game was the most painful. That defense just did not give a shit about pride, nor did they have any fight in them.

There were others: 66-3 Ucla at home, Texas/Georgia Cotton Bowl, a couple of blow-outs in MB era in RRSO. But that BYU game was the shitz.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno what any other OU posters might have posted, but I'd say the 77 OB when Arky whipped our buts. All OU had to do was win the game, #1 Texas had lost big time to ND, earlier in the day, and they win the MNC. Lou Holtz had suspended 3 starters including the starting qb and a starting rb. I think they were a 24 point dog.

Ugly....

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dunno what any other OU posters might have posted, but I'd say the 77 OB when Arky whipped our buts. All OU had to do was win the game, #1 Texas had lost big time to ND, earlier in the day, and they win the MNC. Lou Holtz had suspended 3 starters including the starting qb and a starting rb. I think they were a 24 point dog.

Ugly....

Trying to remember that one, was that the game that had some fog, or a monsoon? Somewhere in the recesses of my mind, seem to remember some guy for Holtz's team who just exploded that game...ah, just cant pull the memory out.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't need to tell y'all what I think it was

Previous to that was Mario Manningham crushing out Natty aspirations on a gifted extra down.

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trying to remember that one, was that the game that had some fog, or a monsoon? Somewhere in the recesses of my mind, seem to remember some guy for Holtz's team who just exploded that game...ah, just cant pull the memory out.

Roland Sales.:L

theSabanator20

A mellow fellow
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are too many Iron Bowls to name that we could have easily won. So I'll go the other route. Losing to Mississippi State and UL Monroe in 2007 was gut wrenching. Lost both games essientiall off of pick6's. my gosh that was embarassing...

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ugly....

Unfortunately, I remember both games.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Stanford beat USC, 55-21, in 2009, I knew the dynasty was over. The worst part was just prior to the end of the game, the cameras scanned the sideline and the USC players were smiling and laughing. I also knew at that point that PC had lost the players and his days at SC were done.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't want to take anything away from either Notre Dame or Ohio State but for me the 1st drive of the '89 Fiesta bowl against ND. Major Harris on a routine option play takes a nasty hit as he is going down and injures his shoulder. Very similar to the Texas/Bama situation.

Credit to the Irish they had a heluva team that year but WVU was not WVU without a healthy Major Harris at QB. I could have handled the loss a lot better had he remained healthy.

13-9 vs Pitt stings bad and agree it was one of if not THE worst choke job of all time by any cfb team but for me there was no guarantee we beat the Ohio State in the NC game, with ND we were IN the NC game (so very close:bawling:) so for me, more painful.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alabama vs UCLA to open the 2000 season sucked pretty bad.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-------
Hiring of Steve Pederson as our AD. What an egomaniac.

This brings to mind the University my son works for. Their AD has been on the job all of 4 years. he named the new Athletics building after himself. Also inducted himself into the University hall of fame.

My son does the PA announcing for football and basketball games and purposely mispronounces the guys name all the time.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family bought season tickets that year following the Orange Bowl campaign.... Only to experience one of the worst Alabama seasons in history :bawling:

It sucked bad. Started the year #3, and that is how many wins we got for the year.