• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: World Series: Los Angeles Dodgers vs Houston Astros

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to throw that raiders jersey away. And get chargers jersey. You jump bandwagon so easy
I never was a Raiders fan even when they was in Los Angeles, and I damned sure I'm not a Chargers fan, but I am warming up to the Rams who have made an amazing start this year.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to have to do better than lazy fly balls. This isn't the 100+ degree Dodger Stadium from games 1 and 2 and this certainly isn't Houston with that close wall in left. Dodgers showed the might of NL baseball tonight and need to do the same tomorrow night.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp, you just knew this thing was going 7. Congrats Dodger fans, your boys made the plays tonight and we didn't. :suds:
Dodgers put Verlander away, but you knew sooner or later that the Dodgers would figure out how to handle his slider, just like the Astros figured out Kershaw. Dodgers played well tonight - no errors and kept the scoring down

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to have to do better than lazy fly balls. This isn't the 100+ degree Dodger Stadium from games 1 and 2 and this certainly isn't Houston with that short porch in left. Dodgers showed the might of NL baseball tonight and need to do the same tomorrow night.
Yeah - they were talking about that on ESPN earlier today. One of those guys said that the drop of the temperature should help the Dodgers as long as they kept it a low scoring game and they thought the Dodgers would be an easier place to win then Houston-

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers put Verlander away, but you knew sooner or later that the Dodgers would figure out how to handle his slider, just like the Astros figured out Kershaw. Dodgers played well tonight - no errors and kept the scoring down

Verlander pitched well, we went 0-6 with RISP, your pitching staff made the pitches when it mattered. It isn't fair to expect Verlander to win a game with 1 run on the road. I'm not blaming him at all. Reddick fucked us with runners on 2nd and 3rd, no outs, and a 3-0 count that ends in a strike out. Just can't do that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Verlander pitched well, we went 0-6 with RISP, your pitching staff made the pitches when it mattered. It isn't fair to expect Verlander to win a game with 1 run on the road. I'm not blaming him at all. Reddick fucked us with runners on 2nd and 3rd, no outs, and a 3-0 count that ends in a strike out. Just can't do that.
See, I take a different approach to the game. I don't blame anyone for any wins or losses. I just believe that no matter how good your pitching is, you can't shut down all of the hitters all of the time. I think it is premature to take a good pitcher out in the 4th inning because of hits and runs - unless of course you can see the pitcher really is losing it. Verlander got them in game two, so he did his job and he kept the runs for the Dodgers down to 2, so it was good, but the Dodgers had better hitting power tonight and home court. I do think home court advantage gave the Dodgers the edge tonight.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
any other dodger fans thinking darvish might be a bad deck of cards to throw out there again?

Kenny

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game 2 and game 6 were the exact same game. Dodgers bullpen got it done this time.