• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Series Champions, Texas Rangers 2023-2024 Offseason Thread

saddles

Bring up Blaine Crim #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I seen it wasn't going to be necessary...
Yeah, Evan's answer was supposed to be part of the post, but somehow I left if off. He said no surgery would be needed.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope so. It is time for baseball to move on.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox have acquired RHP Justin Slaten from the New York Mets, in exchange for minor league LHP Ryan Ammons & cash considerations.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Red Sox have acquired RHP Justin Slaten from the New York Mets, in exchange for minor league LHP Ryan Ammons & cash considerations.
I wonder if they had that worked out before the draft.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Ken Rosenthal:

The Rangers, facing financial uncertainty due to the potential loss of their local television rights deal, seem unlikely to bring back left-hander Jordan Montgomery, who can argue that he has outperformed Aaron Nola, the Phillies’ $172 million man, over the past three seasons.

Kershaw would be less expensive. A number of other free-agent starters would be, too. And in the postseason, the Rangers demonstrated the value of pitching depth, using three starters, Andrew Heaney, Dane Dunning and Jon Gray, as glorified openers or relievers.

The team, according to major-league sources briefed on its plans, has the same idea in mind for ’24. The Rangers could sign Kershaw and wait for him and deGrom in the second half. Or they can go for second-tier free agents who would be ready to pitch Opening Day, pitchers such as Michael Wacha, Sean Manaea and Frankie Montas. And perhaps prospects such as Owen White and Jack Leiter would provide the second-half boost.

The Rangers already have several starters in place — Gray, Heaney, Dunning and Cody Bradford, not to mention, ahem, Max Scherzer and Nathan Eovaldi. It’s just a matter of how general manager Chris Young rounds out the edges. And Kershaw, if he is indeed capable of pitching in ’24, would be one heck of a way to start.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Ken Rosenthal:

The Rangers, facing financial uncertainty due to the potential loss of their local television rights deal, seem unlikely to bring back left-hander Jordan Montgomery, who can argue that he has outperformed Aaron Nola, the Phillies’ $172 million man, over the past three seasons.

Kershaw would be less expensive. A number of other free-agent starters would be, too. And in the postseason, the Rangers demonstrated the value of pitching depth, using three starters, Andrew Heaney, Dane Dunning and Jon Gray, as glorified openers or relievers.

The team, according to major-league sources briefed on its plans, has the same idea in mind for ’24. The Rangers could sign Kershaw and wait for him and deGrom in the second half. Or they can go for second-tier free agents who would be ready to pitch Opening Day, pitchers such as Michael Wacha, Sean Manaea and Frankie Montas. And perhaps prospects such as Owen White and Jack Leiter would provide the second-half boost.

The Rangers already have several starters in place — Gray, Heaney, Dunning and Cody Bradford, not to mention, ahem, Max Scherzer and Nathan Eovaldi. It’s just a matter of how general manager Chris Young rounds out the edges. And Kershaw, if he is indeed capable of pitching in ’24, would be one heck of a way to start.
No to Kershaw

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what difference in money between Montgomery and Kershaw would be?

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor Hearn has signed with Hiroshima. I can see him going to Japan and straightening things out like several other pitchers have.

scotsman#1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder what difference in money between Montgomery and Kershaw would be?
Kershaw 1 year, maybe 18 to 20 games, $ 21M

Montogomery, 5 or 6 years. approximately 30-32 games a season, 125M AAV

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still rather have Hader over any starting pitcher, if we can only sign one.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would still rather have Hader over any starting pitcher, if we can only sign one.
Would like Hader and Montgomery but no more rehabers. Surley we have learned something from the DeGrom contract.