• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

World Hockey Championships and European autos thread

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^

Man, that was back in the days when the Indy 500 was a must-watch for me and Al Unser was one of my favorite drivers. RIP Al

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, you thought even up calls in hockey were bad? Try watching F1.

Which is something I probably won't ever be doing again unless they fire the race director Michael "the Fixer" Masi..

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like every crucial race manager/steward call the last few races went against Max, then one goes his way and it’s a disgrace.

Bored of Hamilton’s bitching. Glad Max got it.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like every crucial race manager/steward call the last few races went against Max, then one goes his way and it’s a disgrace.

Bored of Hamilton’s bitching. Glad Max got it.
lol

The calls were going against him because he was breaking the rules. I mean not every time he broke the rules (like Brazil twice). He should have been DQed for the brake check last week, not given a token penalty that didn't make any difference.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day to put what happened into hockey terms:

2 teams were clear and away the best. Ups, down and sketchy calls all season. It comes down to game 7 of the Stanley cup finals. One team goes ahead 6-0 and there's a pane of broken glass which leads to Bettman stepping in with one minute left and declares that the next goal wins and then makes it so the team that is ahead not only has to play without sticks, but but with no defensemen on the ice.

No fan of the sport should truly be okay with it, no matter how much they dislike the one team or what happened in the past. Especially when everything in the past was scripted to lead to exactly that moment.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

The calls were going against him because he was breaking the rules. I mean not every time he broke the rules (like Brazil twice). He should have been DQed for the brake check last week, not given a token penalty that didn't make any difference.
The brake check was him following race manager orders. Not his fault Toto didn’t get the info to Lewis in time. He also pulled to the right as he slowed and Lewis went right into him.

The shit Max does is the shit Lewis did in his early years and people got mad at him for. Now that it’s someone else doing it he’s big mad about it.

/If Lewis had just pitted and put on softs he wins. That’s entirely on him and the team.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The brake check was him following race manager orders. Not his fault Toto didn’t get the info to Lewis in time. He also pulled to the right as he slowed and Lewis went right into him.

The shit Max does is the shit Lewis did in his early years and people got mad at him for. Now that it’s someone else doing it he’s big mad about it.

/If Lewis had just pitted and put on softs he wins. That’s entirely on him and the team.
Race director told him to slam on his brakes in the middle of the track and speed off? They were worse than I thought.

Lewis didn't pit for softs because the Race director said the lapped cars would not be moved and had the rules been followed the race was over anyway. Worst case is they should have expected a red flag where he could have changed them. So you're blaming the team for failing to predict the race director was going to change the rules?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Race director told him to slam on his brakes in the middle of the track and speed off? They were worse than I thought.

Lewis didn't pit for softs because the Race director said the lapped cars would not be moved and had the rules been followed the race was over anyway. Worst case is they should have expected a red flag where he could have changed them. So you're blaming the team for failing to predict the race director was going to change the rules?
Max pitted…

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Max pitted…
He also had 20 seconds more time to assess the situation because of how far back he was. And Merc had no reason to believe that the officials would go against their own statements.

It's just a little odd to me that you - the guy who complains more than any other on this board about inconsistent and incompetent refs affecting the outcome of hockey games - would be okay with all of it just because you don't like the dude who got screwed.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also had 20 seconds more time to assess the situation because of how far back he was. And Merc had no reason to believe that the officials would go against their own statements.

It's just a little odd to me that you - the guy who complains more than any other on this board about inconsistent and incompetent refs affecting the outcome of hockey games - would be okay with all of it just because you don't like the dude who got screwed.
Hahaha it’s less that im okay with it than it is they’ve been playing Vince McMahon with both drivers all season and this final instance is hardly the only one I disagree with.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahaha it’s less that im okay with it than it is they’ve been playing Vince McMahon with both drivers all season and this final instance is hardly the only one I disagree with.
That's very true. They should have punted the whole steward/race director crew after Spa.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine anything keeping consumers in their older ICE cars and away from EV's more than loading them with subscription-based shit. This should be legislated out ASAP.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine anything keeping consumers in their older ICE cars and away from EV's more than loading them with subscription-based shit. This should be legislated out ASAP.

Yeah, can't wait for the GPS to give me a route past all the paid advertisers in the area :/

As much as I want an EV I'm seriously considering my next car being a mid-80's car. I have a phone if I need GPS. Otherwise just let me drive. If I could lay my hands on an Audi Quattro, it would be the last car I ever buy. Maybe even convert it to EV.

Audi-09.jpg

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, can't wait for the GPS to give me a route past all the paid advertisers in the area :/

As much as I want an EV I'm seriously considering my next car being a mid-80's car. I have a phone if I need GPS. Otherwise just let me drive. If I could lay my hands on an Audi Quattro, it would be the last car I ever buy. Maybe even convert it to EV.

Audi-09.jpg
You can get head units for the older cars that come with all the newer bells and whistles (Carplay etc.) and look pretty good. This one fits in the 964's and 993's:

nrm_1424708288-p15_0169_a4_rgb.jpg

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can get head units for the older cars that come with all the newer bells and whistles (Carplay etc.) and look pretty good. This one fits in the 964's and 993's:

nrm_1424708288-p15_0169_a4_rgb.jpg

Love the cigarette lighter lol

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Audi-09.jpg
It already does. :L

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I truly can't wait for the automatic update to my car that bricks it going 80 down the interstate.