• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woods Cheated on the 1st Hole

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would too...I think Toby thinks he was 100% in bounds and was using a provisional as a "practice shot". It's his opinion, I don't see any reason to disagree with either of you.

Well considering Toby posted that Tiger cheated which is the worst thing you can say about a golfer and also happens to be definitively, without question incorrect I'd say that's a very good reason to disagree with him.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody who "raced to the site of the ball" had any idea what Tiger was playing or how his ball was marked. In short, nobody could definitively identify it as Tiger's ball except Tiger... hence the provisional in case it was not his. So just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Did they not watch it land? They wouldn't need to identify it based on the marks.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well considering Toby posted that Tiger cheated which is the worst thing you can say about a golfer and also happens to be definitively, without question incorrect I'd say that's a very good reason to disagree with him.

He knows he didn't break rules. He thinks it was ethically wrong to use a rule to his advantage. It's an opinion...

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Scott would be cheating on every hole if the pga didnt delay the putting rule change to 2015

It's meant to give players time to adjust to the new rule. It's fair.

Also, side note, Bobby Jones anchored his putter in the '20s and it's just know becoming illegal? Hahaha

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He knows he didn't break rules. He thinks it was ethically wrong to use a rule to his advantage. It's an opinion...

Yes, it is so rare that people use rules to their advantage.

Rips, swims and spins aren't routinely used to take advantage of the offensive holding rule in football. Presses aren't used to take advantage of the back court time limit. Pitchers don't take advantage of a ump with a wider strike zone. So on and so forth

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you aren't this dumb. This is Laird (who the fuck is that), no one gives a shit about him. Every shot Tiger or Phil takes is paid close attention to.

You never can be too sure and looked what happened he made a 9 on that hole and Tiger made a bogey. So Tiger was the smarter player, it is as simple as that.

Ou can hate Tiger as much as you want, but the facts are he made the right and safe decision and it paid off.

Why thank you; I believe I will. As you can see, the cheater Woods did not prosper and the good guy, Phil. did! Suck on that you Woods knob gobbler

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is just saying that the gallery ran to it as it landed, and there wasn't much searching or looking. He is also saying he used the rule to his advantage, and not the way the rule was intended. Obviously it's not illegal, but Toby didn't think Tiger needed a provisional considering people ran to it as it landed. People just went into the fesque to look for Lairds well after it landed. I didn't see Tigers so I can't say for sure, I just think that's what Toby is saying. I don't have a problem with players using rules to their advantage.

Exactly what I was saying.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done it before... ive hit balls that i was pretty sure would be ok then hit provisionals just in case but mainly to try & fix the error. I wasnt cheating.

You broke the spirit of the rules and I would be watching everything you did very closely if I was in a match against you; very closely.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You broke the spirit of the rules and I would be watching everything you did very closely if I was in a match against you; very closely.

No sir, I did not. I have no intention of walking up to where I hit it only to find out that I was going to have to walk back to the tee. The rule is in place to make sure you don't have to do that.

You wouldn't have to worry about watching me unless you wanted to learn something that would benefit your game.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No sir, I did not. I have no intention of walking up to where I hit it only to find out that I was going to have to walk back to the tee. The rule is in place to make sure you don't have to do that.

You wouldn't have to worry about watching me unless you wanted to learn something that would benefit your game.

Yes sir, you did. You freely admitted that the main reason for your "provisional" was to take a practice shot. Therefore you violated the spirit of the rule. And yes, I would be watching someone very cosely who demonstrated your ethical conduct on the course.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, this happened to Tiger a couple years ago in The Open. On his first shot of the tourny, he hit one and the course officials gave the "ok" signal back up to the tee box. He gets down there, and they can't find the ball. He had to go back up to the tee box, and was none too pleased about it, as the spotters basically told him he was ok. The provisional was the proper thing to do here.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember, this happened to Tiger a couple years ago in The Open. On his first shot of the tourny, he hit one and the course officials gave the "ok" signal back up to the tee box. He gets down there, and they can't find the ball. He had to go back up to the tee box, and was none too pleased about it, as the spotters basically told him he was ok. The provisional was the proper thing to do here.

Which Open? the British, Scottish, U.S., Irish, Canadian?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, got it, you know nothing about golf. This thread makes sense now. Carry on.

I know enough to know that it is typical British arrogance and pomposity to call the British Open "The Open". It is probably the world's third most prestigious golf tournament but only because of its historical value. It takes way too much luck to win it to call its winner "The Champion Goldfer of the Year". Its absurd.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? "The Open" truly is the open because it has the most countries represented than any other tournament & it has THE most open qualifying than any other major. It's not them being arrogant, it simply just is what it is.

Please don't try to argue this fact, this is getting embarrassing for you.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? "The Open" truly is the open because it has the most countries represented than any other tournament & it has THE most open qualifying than any other major. It's not them being arrogant, it simply just is what it is.
Please don't try to argue this fact, this is getting embarrassing for you.

Bwah ha ha! The U.S. Open has far more entrants. It's not even close. Sounds like it is you who looks foolish. Its just the British living in the past. The Masters and U.S. Open are far more prestigious events because it requires skill to win those. For the British Open there is way too much luck involved.

http://www.usga.org/news/2013/April/Record-Number-of-Entries-for-2013-U-S--Open/

Last edited by a moderator: