• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Woods Cheated on the 1st Hole

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He hit a provisional.

Then he decided he wanted to play his first shot, ended up taking a drop abd was hitting his 3rd shot.

That is not cheating.

He broke the spirit of the rule. He knew goddamn well those peole had surrounded his ball and it was not lost. He hit the provisional as a de facto practice shot to try and straighten out his problem. He cheated in my book.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He broke the spirit of the rule. He knew goddamn well those peole had surrounded his ball and it was not lost. He hit the provisional as a de facto practice shot to try and straighten out his problem. He cheated in my book.

Balls are lost out there all the time even with galleries, you just never see that on tv. you are entitled to hit a provisional any time you think there is a chance thay the ball could be lost. it helps to speed up pace of play (since the actual rule is if you go out & unsuccessfully find it you go back to the tee and rehit anyway. its a good practice to hit a provisional for that main reason. most weekend golfers will actually cheat if they cant find it & drop ahead wo ever finding the ball.

if there wasnt a gallery, he may not have even looked for the ball (also within the rules)

when the first ball is found, regardless of who finds it, he has to play it regardless.

if any of that was cheating in anyone's book, that book is flawed.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there u have it.. Laird hit one into deep fescue, it was supposedly found, but he played a provisional anyway.

his caddy said it perfectly "you can still play a provisional, you dont know if what they found is really yours"

end of silly thread.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there u have it.. Laird hit one into deep fescue, it was supposedly found, but he played a provisional anyway.

his caddy said it perfectly "you can still play a provisional, you dont know if what they found is really yours"

end of silly thread.

Spirit of the rule was broken; no integrity. End of discussion.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You are full of hate, he hit it in case. You sir are pathetic and prob never played golf.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The only way your logic works if if you truly believe Laird cheated too.

And with that, I am out of this thread.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are full of hate, he hit it in case. You sir are pathetic and prob never played golf.

And you saw the reason I, and so many others hate the clown by his bogus "provisional". He has no integrity.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way your logic works if if you truly believe Laird cheated too.

And with that, I am out of this thread.

I didn't see Laird's predicament so I cannot comment on his situation. As for Woods, everyone could see the crowd piled around Woods' ball. He knew exactly where it was.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you saw the reason I, and so many others hate the clown by his bogus "provisional". He has no integrity.

What a reach. No integrity, bc he hit a just in case shot (which any smart golfer would do).

He should of been disqualified, right? Just proves you have no clue on this subject.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see Laird's predicament so I cannot comment on his situation. As for Woods, everyone could see the crowd piled around Woods' ball. He knew exactly where it was.

This is the best I can do to help you out for now. It didn't go far and I typed out what was said. People surrounded his ball but he couldn't be sure without looking at it. Perhaps you would feel differently if Tiger had given his reasons for the provisional out loud.
lairdrough1.gif

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I believe that you are completely wrong & probably have never hit a golf ball in your life. Regardless - that "clown" has way more $$ than you, two apparently great kids, a good relationship at this time & - most likely unlike you - is considered one of the best ever at his trade.

Not sure why you are so full of hatred for the guy - are you a bible thumper? Wife tells you need to hate Tiger? Something else? Oh well - I cheer for the guy & don't have a problem with anyone who does not. However - I base it all on what happens on the course - could care less about the other stuff.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the best I can do to help you out for now. It didn't go far and I typed out what was said. People surrounded his ball but he couldn't be sure without looking at it. Perhaps you would feel differently if Tiger had given his reasons for the provisional out loud.
lairdrough1.gif

Well, there you have it. Your video shows you exactl why Woods' "provisonal" was bogus and Laird's was justified. No one is looking at Laird's ball; it goes behind everyone and no one saw where it landed. With Woods' ball, there is a huge crowd around it who immediately raced to the site of the ball.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I believe that you are completely wrong & probably have never hit a golf ball in your life. Regardless - that "clown" has way more $$ than you, two apparently great kids, a good relationship at this time & - most likely unlike you - is considered one of the best ever at his trade.

Not sure why you are so full of hatred for the guy - are you a bible thumper? Wife tells you need to hate Tiger? Something else? Oh well - I cheer for the guy & don't have a problem with anyone who does not. However - I base it all on what happens on the course - could care less about the other stuff.

Well, I believe I would most likely beat you at least 4 and 3 if we had a match. How do you know anything about his family? You root for him because you are a sycophantic knob gobbler who lives vicariously through Woods because you believe that his success is your success because nothing is going right for you in your own life. Simply said, your man worship of him is creepy.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, there you have it. Your video shows you exactl why Woods' "provisonal" was bogus and Laird's was justified. No one is looking at Laird's ball; it goes behind everyone and no one saw where it landed. With Woods' ball, there is a huge crowd around it who immediately raced to the site of the ball.

I hope you aren't this dumb. This is Laird (who the fuck is that), no one gives a shit about him. Every shot Tiger or Phil takes is paid close attention to.

You never can be too sure and looked what happened he made a 9 on that hole and Tiger made a bogey. So Tiger was the smarter player, it is as simple as that.

Ou can hate Tiger as much as you want, but the facts are he made the right and safe decision and it paid off.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27-2. Provisional Ball
a. Procedure
If a ball may be lost outside a water hazard or may be out of bounds, to save time the player may play another ball provisionally in accordance with Rule 27-1. The player must inform his opponent in match play or his marker or a fellow-competitor in stroke play that he intends to play a provisional ball, and he must play it before he or his partner goes forward to search for the original ball.

Therefore.. If there is ANY chance that the ball could be lost, the player can declare a provisional. I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as fuck am not going to trust a gallery to identify my ball in the fescue when they don't know how I marked my ball & might not be able to see my markings. Thousands of balls go into that shit each year.

There is no way he was cheating, but he most likely used the rules to his advantage to get in an extra swing.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
27-2. Provisional Ball
a. Procedure
If a ball may be lost outside a water hazard or may be out of bounds, to save time the player may play another ball provisionally in accordance with Rule 27-1. The player must inform his opponent in match play or his marker or a fellow-competitor in stroke play that he intends to play a provisional ball, and he must play it before he or his partner goes forward to search for the original ball.

Therefore.. If there is ANY chance that the ball could be lost, the player can declare a provisional. I don't know about anyone else, but I sure as fuck am not going to trust a gallery to identify my ball in the fescue when they don't know how I marked my ball & might not be able to see my markings. Thousands of balls go into that shit each year.

There is no way he was cheating, but he most likely used the rules to his advantage to get in an extra swing.

I think he is just saying that the gallery ran to it as it landed, and there wasn't much searching or looking. He is also saying he used the rule to his advantage, and not the way the rule was intended. Obviously it's not illegal, but Toby didn't think Tiger needed a provisional considering people ran to it as it landed. People just went into the fesque to look for Lairds well after it landed. I didn't see Tigers so I can't say for sure, I just think that's what Toby is saying. I don't have a problem with players using rules to their advantage.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done it before... ive hit balls that i was pretty sure would be ok then hit provisionals just in case but mainly to try & fix the error. I wasnt cheating.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've done it before... ive hit balls that i was pretty sure would be ok then hit provisionals just in case but mainly to try & fix the error. I wasnt cheating.

I would too...I think Toby thinks he was 100% in bounds and was using a provisional as a "practice shot". It's his opinion, I don't see any reason to disagree with either of you.

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would too...I think Toby thinks he was 100% in bounds and was using a provisional as a "practice shot". It's his opinion, I don't see any reason to disagree with either of you.

In bounds wasnt the question. It can only be assumed that he figured they found his ball but he couldnt be sure.

Im sure he was pretty sure, but no doubt knew he could take a free swing & try to fix the issue.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody who "raced to the site of the ball" had any idea what Tiger was playing or how his ball was marked. In short, nobody could definitively identify it as Tiger's ball except Tiger... hence the provisional in case it was not his. So just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.