• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wonderlic: LSU's Morris Claiborne

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa...nobody and I mean NOBODY said anything about him being a dumb black athlete. I don't think a single poster on this board would even intimate such a distinction. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the disparaging comments made about Claiborne's intelligence but seriously, let's leave race out of the discussion.

I'm talking about the news stories. They love to show that blacks are not as smart as whites. I think it makes them feel better that they are smarter since blacks dominate professional sports. I think a lot of white people are jealous. Read this thread before you say posters aren't doing it here as well. Silly disparaging remarks like "How many points did he get for spelling his name?" that would not be directed toward white athletes. It bugs me.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Toby because of people like you racism will never go away because you won't let it. Everything has to be about race. You are the problem.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toby because of people like you racism will never go away because you won't let it. Everything has to be about race. You are the problem.

Ya right. That's what all white people say to make themselves feel they are not racist when they are saying racist things and laughing at black people for being stupid.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ya right. That's what all white people say to make themselves feel they are not racist when they are saying racist things and laughing at black people for being stupid.

i went back and re-read the thread, didn't think race was an issue at all.......till you brought it up?

not a big deal ok, lets just all drop the race part.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm talking about the news stories. They love to show that blacks are not as smart as whites. I think it makes them feel better that they are smarter since blacks dominate professional sports. I think a lot of white people are jealous. Read this thread before you say posters aren't doing it here as well. Silly disparaging remarks like "How many points did he get for spelling his name?" that would not be directed toward white athletes. It bugs me.

For the types of comments being levied against Claiborne I can both identify and sympathize with your frustration Toby. But just to offer some perspective, your defense of Claiborne is just as divisive as the comments being made.

By playing the race card you are stating overtly how wrong this is because the subject is black, but what you may not be aware of is that you are also stating how much you would approve of these same comments if the subject was white. Thus illuminating your own prejudices and discriminate tendencies.

Try to raise your frustration from a race level to a more human level. Defend him because he is a brother regardless of race not because of it. Just a thought.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You tell me. You are one of the ones disparaging him.

again what does race have to do with his results? are u saying black people are not on the same playing field as white people when it comes to intelligence? nobody brought up race until u did...

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'd like to take this time to point out that i am not in anyway shape or form rascist

i hate all u fucks equally

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the only sport that really matters is hockey anyways....

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the types of comments being levied against Claiborne I can both identify and sympathize with your frustration Toby. But just to offer some perspective, your defense of Claiborne is just as divisive as the comments being made.

By playing the race card you are stating overtly how wrong this is because the subject is black, but what you may not be aware of is that you are also stating how much you would approve of these same comments if the subject was white. Thus illuminating your own prejudices and discriminate tendencies.

Try to raise your frustration from a race level to a more human level. Defend him because he is a brother regardless of race not because of it. Just a thought.

Your comments sound sincere so I won't question them, except for the part where you say that I would enjoy it if it was used against a white guy. Why would I enjoy my own race being dispaarged when I don't like it when blacks are disparaged. That makes no sense. Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of my race but the way we treat black athletes is much different from whites.

First it was Jamarcus Russell who got his score leaked, then it was Cam Newton and now its Claiborne. The white athlete who got his score leaked was Fitzpatrick and he got leaked because he got the highest score ever. You see the pattern here? Why don't they leak the good scores of black athletes; I'm sure there had to be some. Why just the ones that fit the stereotype of the oung black athlete who got by on his physical skills despite his lack of intelligence? Its absurd.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again what does race have to do with his results? are u saying black people are not on the same playing field as white people when it comes to intelligence? nobody brought up race until u did...

That is exactly what I'm saying. Most blacks haven't had the opportunities for education or built in societal advantages that white people have had or come from the same background, but why does it have to be publicized so much? Why does it seem that white people take such pleasure in it? I guarantee you would not be yukking it up to Claiborne's face. I frickin guarantee you that. So why do you do it here?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Your comments sound sincere so I won't question them, except for the part where you say that I would enjoy it if it was used against a white guy. Why would I enjoy my own race being dispaarged when I don't like it when blacks are disparaged. That makes no sense. Don't get me wrong, I'm very proud of my race but the way we treat black athletes is much different from whites.

First it was Jamarcus Russell who got his score leaked, then it was Cam Newton and now its Claiborne. The white athlete who got his score leaked was Fitzpatrick and he got leaked because he got the highest score ever. You see the pattern here? Why don't they leak the good scores of black athletes; I'm sure there had to be some. Why just the ones that fit the stereotype of the oung black athlete who got by on his physical skills despite his lack of intelligence? Its absurd.

you're correct in that none of the scores should be leaked.

why would anyone be motivated to leak this information? oh yeah, money.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Don't be proud of your race...that brews racism. Be proud of your heritage. I understand your frustration with how minorities are treated in this country, and there are obviously flaws in the system, but turning a non-racially-charged conversation into a racial issue only stokes tensions. Your heart seems to be in the right place. I hope someday you will be able to look at things in terms of "people" instead of "black people" and "white people." :peace2:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even waste your time on the reading parts then? If you know that's your weakness, why not skip those questions and move on to the ones you can answer?

Both of our stances are subjective, though, because we don't know how many questions (or what they were) he attempted to answer versus the four he answered correctly.

But again, this gets back to his agent. There are hundreds of practice Wonderlic tests that his agent should have made him take, if for nothing else than to get a feel for the questions he should focus on. Talk about being asleep at the wheel.

Some people who have reading disorders just panic in that type of timed situation. Even reading the questions becomes problematic.

Yes, he most likely would've gotten more right had he just went through and guessed on all of them, but he probably thought that would be dishonest.

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't be proud of your race...that brews racism. Be proud of your heritage. I understand your frustration with how minorities are treated in this country, and there are obviously flaws in the system, but turning a non-racially-charged conversation into a racial issue only stokes tensions. Your heart seems to be in the right place. I hope someday you will be able to look at things in terms of "people" instead of "black people" and "white people." :peace2:

very well said!

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Last edited by a moderator:

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is exactly what I'm saying. Most blacks haven't had the opportunities for education or built in societal advantages that white people have had or come from the same background, but why does it have to be publicized so much? Why does it seem that white people take such pleasure in it? I guarantee you would not be yukking it up to Claiborne's face. I frickin guarantee you that. So why do you do it here?

i live in canada, so for me everyone has an equal shot because that's how it is here...

jayviabay

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This right here displays ignorance at its finest... You dont even know "most blacks". You claim that the media/society bugs you but yet your perception is based on being educated on the matter by said group(s). Just quit while your behind... :nonod:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are we still making this thread about race?