• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wonderlic: LSU's Morris Claiborne

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't seem like a dumb fucking idiot to me.

Last edited by a moderator:

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Have you guys even listened to this guy in interviews? He's a smart guy. I don't give a shit what a 12 minute test says.

This guy went to get his post-secondary education (for four years mind you) and only got a four on the wonderlic. It may be a 12 minute test, but it represents how well educated he is in general academic subjects.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I really hope 29 teams think he's too much of an idiot to draft.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Taking a timed test with a reading disability is not easy to do. Some of you calling him borderline retarded are clearly the dumb ones.

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This guy went to get his post-secondary education (for four years mind you) and only got a four on the wonderlic. It may be a 12 minute test, but it represents how well educated he is in general academic subjects.

He probably tried to take the English part of the test where you have to read a big paragraph and answer questions about it before the math section. For a guy that has a reading disability, that's not easy to do in 12 minutes.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mel Kiper, Jr.
This should not have an impact

"Not to minimize his position, but this isn't a quarterback, this isn't a middle linebacker, this isn't a guy that needs to memorize a dozen reads. He needs to react. Assuming he was fine in interviews -- and all I've heard is he's a good kid -- it shouldn't change the way teams view him. I will have him as the No. 5 pick to the Bucs. These things pop up now and then and teams do a quick check, and they do their own evaluations, and they move on. Besides, not all teams trust everything they hear anyway."

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He probably tried to take the English part of the test where you have to read a big paragraph and answer questions about it before the math section. For a guy that has a reading disability, that's not easy to do in 12 minutes.

Lol It's not like you have to do the test in chronological order. I'm assuming he got the questions that were similar to, 'what's the 9th month of the year?' correct, but he must have crapped himself when he was asked questions above grade school level.

EDIT: The part in bold is hilarious.
I guess Morris couldn't even complete a five question test in 12 minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why even waste your time on the reading parts then? If you know that's your weakness, why not skip those questions and move on to the ones you can answer?

Both of our stances are subjective, though, because we don't know how many questions (or what they were) he attempted to answer versus the four he answered correctly.

But again, this gets back to his agent. There are hundreds of practice Wonderlic tests that his agent should have made him take, if for nothing else than to get a feel for the questions he should focus on. Talk about being asleep at the wheel.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What it fails to test is how well a player can visually learn which is more important to the actual game of football than if he can read a paragraph or do math.

And we all know academics and sports are a joke which is why I wish the NCAA would shut it's mouth every time they talk about not being able to have a playoff system due to academics and other garbage about academic integrity.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Some people are just bad about taking tests.....no confidence going into it, mind swirling when they're trying to work under pressure, etc. That said, its true that a 4 is worse than random chance, and its basically unbelievable that anyone, no matter what the disability, could score that low if they really are trying. Some of these guys just didn't care about a single second of any class they were ever in. Bad upbringing, all that stuff.

But man......as far as broadcasting this stuff, and everyone laughing at the guy, I think that stuff is just wrong. Its messed up that this goes public. He's trying out for a job that has almost nothing to do with anything on the Wonderlich. Makes me wish we could put the scouts, media etc. into some of his on-field drills so we can point and laugh about how much they suck at those.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yep, we always assume things and can only view it thru our own experiences.

anyways, how many of us wish we had his football skills and earnings potential?

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
How many points do you get for getting your name right?

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
be funny if he picks 4 as his jersey number

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it seem that people get such joy out of showing that black athletes are dumb? Who cares if black athletes aren't as smart as whites?Tell you what, that black dude is smart enough to be making millions of dollars next year.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why does it seem that people get such joy out of showing that black athletes are dumb? Who cares if black athletes aren't as smart as whites?Tell you what, that black dude is smart enough to be making millions of dollars next year.

Whoa...nobody and I mean NOBODY said anything about him being a dumb black athlete. I don't think a single poster on this board would even intimate such a distinction. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the disparaging comments made about Claiborne's intelligence but seriously, let's leave race out of the discussion.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

what does it have to do with him being black?