• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wonder What A Slave Might Think About This Asinine Statement

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only there were some way of not having to pay attention to what others have to say.....

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Real die hard fan you are
I am, and if it's reasonably close or even if the Lakers are behind, I watch to see what happens, but when they are getting blown out and it's pretty obvious that they are playing stupid with no hope of turning it around - I get too frustrated to watch

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol

TLF gonna TLF.

Personally, I watch all of the games and watched them all during the dark times. I figure, if I'm going to support them when they are good...I should do the same when they aren't.
I watch most of them, but some of the games are unworthy of my time -

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am, and if it's reasonably close or even if the Lakers are behind, I watch to see what happens, but when they are getting blown out and it's pretty obvious that they are playing stupid with no hope of turning it around - I get too frustrated to watch

That's different, most of us turn off the game when we are getting blown out. But most die-hards watch most games even when the team is bad. You just said when they are bad you don't bother. And that's actually normal, no one can tell you how to follow a team. But die-hard that ain't.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's different, most of us turn off the game when we are getting blown out. But most die-hards watch most games even when the team is bad. You just said when they are bad you don't bother. And that's actually normal, no one can tell you how to follow a team. But die-hard that ain't.

I agree, but breaking shit gets expensive. Tvs are getting cheaper though.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last five years - the Lakers were getting blown out most of the time - Wasn't even close when they were only winning 14 games, Last year was 35 or so. They have pulled off some good wins this year. This year - turning them is risky - you might miss a good game for sure

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last five years - the Lakers were getting blown out most of the time - Wasn't even close when they were only winning 14 games, Last year was 35 or so. They have pulled off some good wins this year. This year - turning them is risky - you might miss a good game for sure

Yeah, I still watch all of the games. Even if the Lakers are getting blown out or just aren't very good, I still watch. I figure it's my penance for all of the times I've gotten to watch them win (and will in the future). lol

Plus, over the last 5 years, I've enjoyed watching the kids learn and develop and see who is likely to be part of the long term and who won't be.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the direct quote:

'This is my team. You do what the f--- I tell y'all to do or we get rid of y'all.'

That's not slavery. That's just how employment works.

Celebrities always live inside a bubble and have no idea how the world outside of it actually works.

This is just an example of that.

i hate the real world comparison to the professional sports. The fact is my company could get 100 people that could do my job tomorrow at about the same level and probably less pay. If Lebron, Steph, Kevin and them left the NBA - no one would watch it.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i hate the real world comparison to the professional sports. The fact is my company could get 100 people that could do my job tomorrow at about the same level and probably less pay. If Lebron, Steph, Kevin and them left the NBA - no one would watch it.
Yep. When people wonder why NBA players make millions and cops and teachers make far less, it's because out of 7 billion people on Earth only one is LeBron James, but there are millions of people who can be cops and teachers. Supply and demand.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's fashionable to bash white people, specifically, older white men.
You are not wrong. It is very much praised these days. Listen to comedy channels on Serious radio, that's all that they do.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really, so when they retire the NBA will cease to exist? I find that hard to buy into, but I don't watch it now, so maybe you're right..

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'This is my team. You do what the f--- I tell y'all to do or we get rid of y'all.'

That's not slavery. That's just how employment works.

Nah, that's how employment under ineffective management works.

That's a terrible way to manage employees. Not just because it makes you a douchebag but also because its literally bad for your business.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are not wrong. It is very much praised these days. Listen to comedy channels on Serious radio, that's all that they do.
Aww, do you need a hug?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah, that's how employment under ineffective management works.

That's a terrible way to manage employees. Not just because it makes you a douchebag but also because its literally bad for your business.

Yes and no.

Obviously, stating it that way and dealing with employees that way, isn't a good idea.

However, at the end of the day, an employee can't just do whatever they want. There are still company guidelines, policies and rules that have to be followed. If they're not, people lose their jobs.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes and no.

Obviously, stating it that way and dealing with employees that way, isn't a good idea.

However, at the end of the day, an employee can't just do whatever they want. There are still company guidelines, policies and rules that have to be followed. If they're not, people lose their jobs.

Of course. Agreed.