• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wonder What A Slave Might Think About This Asinine Statement

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand both sides.

I don't know anything about you..

Where you grew up...

...and tragedies inflicted on your family by this particular population...

Nor your personal politics..

But, your comments make it seem like you lack empathy.

They aren't all criminals.

The problem is, we don't have a way to distinguish between those who are and aren't....

Unless you are Native American, all of our ancestors are immigrants.

Nothing wrong with wanting a better life.

Both illegal entry and illegally remaining are crimes (imo both should be felonies). So technically, every last one of them is a criminal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both illegal entry and illegally remaining are crimes. So technically, every last one of them is a criminal.
Do you have children?

Have you ever seen a 12 year old who was kidnapped and forced into the sex trade since age 6?

I have.

I see it every fucking day when I go to work.

There isn't any law I wouldn't break to spare my daughter's that fate.

Crossing the street outside the crosswalk is a crime too.

Yet, I do it daily.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand both sides.

I don't know anything about you..

Where you grew up...

...and tragedies inflicted on your family by this particular population...

Nor your personal politics..

But, your comments make it seem like you lack empathy.

They aren't all criminals.

The problem is, we don't have a way to distinguish between those who are and aren't....

Unless you are Native American, all of our ancestors are immigrants.

Nothing wrong with wanting a better life.

Agree with this. The problem, imo, is that we have a legal way for folks to enter this country, but too many don't want to use it because it isn't fast enough for them. So, they essentially "break in" to the country.

So, they end up becoming "criminals" because they broke the law getting in. In essence, it would be like me deciding you have a nicer house, so I break in to your house and call myself an "undocumented family member".

I 100% support people who want to come here for a better life. I just want them to come here legally.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this. The problem, imo, is that we have a legal way for folks to enter this country, but too many don't want to use it because it isn't fast enough for them. So, they essentially "break in" to the country.

So, they end up becoming "criminals" because they broke the law getting in. In essence, it would be like me deciding you have a nicer house, so I break in to your house and call myself an "undocumented family member".

I 100% support people who want to come here for a better life. I just want them to come here legally.

Agreed. The problem is so many people, for whatever reason, can’t grasp the difference between legal and illegal immigration when discussing it

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. The problem is so many people, for whatever reason, can’t grasp the difference between legal and illegal immigration when discussing it

That and some people seem to believe that, as a sovereign nation, the United States is somehow not allowed to determine who can and can't live here.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

I'm not justifying their actions.

But, I can empathize.

Again: I have no idea what the solution is.

I want our borders secured.

But, I'd like us to do it humanly.

Are these two ideals mutually exclusive?

I hope not.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol...

You flatter yourself....lmfao

We grasp it.

But, we also grasp WHY they choose to come here illegally anyway.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep.

I'm not justifying their actions.

But, I can empathize.

Again: I have no idea what the solution is.

I want our borders secured.

But, I'd like us to do it humanly.

Are these two ideals mutually exclusive?

I hope not.

I don't think they're mutually exclusive. They certainly don't have to be.

There are a few ways to enter the country legally. Work visa's, student visa's, citizenship and if there's an emergency type of situation...they can ask for asylum.

I support building the wall because, if done properly, it's a deterrent and can help encourage people to use legal means to come here.

Part of the problem imo, and both sides are guilty, everyone seems to want to use extreme cases to make their point and act like it applies to the majority of immigrants wanting to come here.

Those who favor the wall, border security, etc. talk about criminals who come here and commit more crimes as if that is somehow all of them. And those who oppose the wall talk about people being oppressed as if it's all of them.

The truth, as always, is somewhere in the middle. Not everyone who wants to come here is oppressed and not everyone who wants to come here is a criminal.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 , @The Q ....

Have you, or someone else close to you, ever used a racial slur?

Does the use of that slur, even if it were only once....

Or, it was said in jest....

Or, under mitigating circumstances like extreme anger...

Does it make you, me or them a card carrying racist?

I say no.

It would take a pattern of this behavior to get stuck with that label.

Same applies to some of these people crossing illegally.

It's convenient to label them ALL criminals because fear mongering can motivate a fan base.

All aren't innocents.

But, all aren't rapists, drug dealers or murderers either.

Last edited:

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they're mutually exclusive. They certainly don't have to be.

There are a few ways to enter the country legally. Work visa's, student visa's, citizenship and if there's an emergency type of situation...they can ask for asylum.

I support building the wall because, if done properly, it's a deterrent and can help encourage people to use legal means to come here.

Part of the problem imo, and both sides are guilty, everyone seems to want to use extreme cases to make their point and act like it applies to the majority of immigrants wanting to come here.

Those who favor the wall, border security, etc. talk about criminals who come here and commit more crimes as if that is somehow all of them. And those who oppose the wall talk about people being oppressed as if it's all of them.

The truth, as always, is somewhere in the middle. Not everyone who wants to come here is oppressed and not everyone who wants to come here is a criminal.

Dear GAWD.

I can be guilty of being dug in on a topic from time to time as well..

If more people , on both sides, thought like you....

tenor.gif

I have no idea what the solution is.

Letting everyone stay, isn't the answer.

I don't know that kicking them all out is either.

It's a slippery slope.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@trojanfan12 , @The Q ....

Have you, or someone else close to you, ever used a racial slur?

Does the use of that slur, even if it were only once....

Or, it was said in jest....

Or, under mitigating circumstances like extreme anger...

Does it make you, me or then a card carrying racist?

I say no.

It would take a pattern of this behavior to get stuck with that label.

Same applies to some of these people crossing illegally.

It's convenient to label them ALL criminals because fear mongering can motivate a fan base.
I blew

I don't think so. I mean, if anyone who ever used a racial slur was a card carrying racist, then that means that 99.9% of us are racists. lol

Technically speaking, anyone who comes here illegally is a criminal because they broke the law to be here.

However, that does not mean they are career criminals or that they are here to commit more crimes. In fact, the vast majority of them aren't here for any reason other than to try and have a better life.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear GAWD.

I can be guilty of being dug in on a topic from time to time as well..

If more people , on both sides, thought like you....

tenor.gif

I have no idea what out he solution is.

Letting everyone stay, isn't the answer.

I don't know that kicking them all out is either.

It's a slippery slope.

I think that for those already here...they need to be offered a path to citizenship or at least some kind of visa that they don't have to be afraid is going to lead to their deportation.

Aside from deporting everyone being a logistical impossibility, the optics would be horrific. It truly would look like Nazi Germany.

But, we also can't just let everyone in and let everyone already here illegally stay. We don't have the resources.

Those who are already here and commit serious crimes while here, should be deported as soon as the serve their sentence. Those who have committed serious crimes in other countries, should be sent back.

As for those still coming here illegally (or trying to) that's part of why the wall is important, imo. To stop the hemorrhaging so to speak.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that for those already here...they need to be offered a path to citizenship or at least some kind of visa that they don't have to be afraid is going to lead to their deportation.

Aside from deporting everyone being a logistical impossibility, the optics would be horrific. It truly would look like Nazi Germany.

But, we also can't just let everyone in and let everyone already here illegally stay. We don't have the resources.

Those who are already here and commit serious crimes while here, should be deported as soon as the serve their sentence. Those who have committed serious crimes in other countries, should be sent back.

As for those still coming here illegally (or trying to) that's part of why the wall is important, imo. To stop the hemorrhaging so to speak.
It's a slippery slope.

Kids born here, that are law abiding and contributing positively to the Country, I tend to lean more towards work with them.

Gang Bangers, Drug dealers...career criminals....toss em.

Now, the parents of these children?

That's a tough one.

We don't want to make orphans.

...as for the wall....

I swear, this is no exaggeration.

I used to run a inmate clean up crew for low level offenders and Twin Towers, Downtown LA.

I had this one guy on my crew that we deported 6 times in 6 months.

He told me he came back every time within 2 hrs of being released into Mexico.

What in the entire fuck....lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m happy to talk about a real discussion. But when you start with ridiculous concepts like feelings or dignity or being the immoral side claiming morality, it’s a flat out non starter.

Talk about the fiscal implications of the wall and it’s fine. We can discuss that. Talk about the feelings of felons trying to invade and it’s a nonstarter for me. Only one is a real discussion.

I don't agree with LeBron's comments. But I understand his perspective.

And just because you are on the opposite side from somebody does not make them ignorant.

Real ignorance is completely disregarding informed opinions of others. There are literally millions of educated people who share a lot of political views with LeBron.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a slippery slope.

Kids born here, that are law abiding and contributing positively to the Country, I tend to lean more towards work with them.

That's a tough one.

...as for the wall....

I used to run a inmate clean up crew for low level offenders and Twin Towers, Downtown LA.

The thing with the wall....

I can't even fathom how much an effective wall would cost taxpayers. Unless the Donald plans to come out of pocket on this I can think of much better ways to spend billions of dollars.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't agree with LeBron's comments. But I understand his perspective.

And just because you are on the opposite side from somebody does not make them ignorant.

Real ignorance is completely disregarding informed opinions of others. There are literally millions of educated people who share a lot of political views with LeBron.

Lebron is anything but educated.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can't even fathom how much an effective wall would cost taxpayers. Unless the Donald plans to come out of pocket on this I can think of much better ways to spend billions of dollars.

I agree.

But I’m also a fan of sending messages and I’ve almost been more of a stick than carrot person

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a slippery slope.

That's a tough one.

...as for the wall....

Yeah, the kids that were born here, that's a tough one. Probably best to bite the bullet and just let them and their parents stay.

That story the guy on your crew told you is another reason for the wall. It's crazy that it's that easy to get across the border.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Here's the thing. He wants $5 billion dollars for the wall. $5 billion dollars is nothing. Hell, the government loses track of more than that every year. Like, it's just gone and no one knows where it went.

Spending $5 billion on the wall would be like a regular person spending $50 on something and we'd know where the money went. lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is anything but educated.

There are many ways to educate yourself. A college degree is not required.

LeBron seems pretty well in the know when it comes to current events in america and social issues.