• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wonder What A Slave Might Think About This Asinine Statement

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But LeBron spends way more than a penny of his own money. You're a clown.
No, the money he spends is all tax deductible, it wasn’t going to him in the first place, it was going to taxes. Are you ever going to explain to me how a guy who is so against slavery can accept millions from South American slave labor? Maybe he does what is best for lebron and only creates these topics to gain publicity for his own empire?

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the money he spends is all tax deductible, it wasn’t going to him in the first place, it was going to taxes. Are you ever going to explain to me how a guy who is so against slavery can accept millions from South American slave labor? Maybe he does what is best for lebron and only creates these topics to gain publicity for his own empire?
LOL wow you have no idea how taxes.work. You're broke as hell aren't you?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the rest of the Middle Class( the 95% I referenced) makes less than 50K a year which works out to less than a $1M over 20 years. you are so fixated on yourself and the poor "slave" NFL'ers that you ignore those who don't come close to you and them. you are the wrong one not me

95% of America makes less than $50K a year?

WOw. So me and my teacher salary are top 5%?

Learn something new every day!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is great just to sit back and watch the stupidity.

Thanks PickleRick! :yes:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, don't think you get it.

LeBron doesn't get to say "instead of paying taxes, I will donate my money to charity".

Because if that were an option millions of people would take it and the government would be more bankrupt than it already is.

If LeBron makes $100 million a year and donates $10 million to charity, he still has to pay his taxes on the $90 million.

So while a $10 million donation might only cost LeBron $5 or $6 million in after tax income, it is still his actual money he is donating. Not the IRS's money.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is great just to sit back and watch the stupidity.

Thanks PickleRick! :yes:
I was just thinking Thank you Lebron James for starting an entire new line of absolute stupidity and bullshit. HE really triggered stupidity to come out into the open

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, don't think you get it.

LeBron doesn't get to say "instead of paying taxes, I will donate my money to charity".

Because if that were an option millions of people would take it and the government would be more bankrupt than it already is.

If LeBron makes $100 million a year and donates $10 million to charity, he still has to pay his taxes on the $90 million.

So while a $10 million donation might only cost LeBron $5 or $6 million in after tax income, it is still his actual money he is donating. Not the IRS's money.
No, I can take 10k per year as tax deductible donations. I file it and it comes off my taxes. Don’t say this isn’t true because I’ve done it for five years.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, I can take 10k per year as tax deductible donations. I file it and it comes off my taxes. Don’t say this isn’t true because I’ve done it for five years.
Maybe take a few plays off there, champ. Or Google how charitable donations work. Every dollar you donate you save a portion in taxes. Not a dollar. If your tax rate is 30% then if you give away 10k you get back 3k. You still spent 7k, it's gone. Helping others, like LeBron and almost every pro athlete does.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good luck on your upcoming tax audit!

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe take a few plays off there, champ. Or Google how charitable donations work. Every dollar you donate you save a portion in taxes. Not a dollar. If your tax rate is 30% then if you give away 10k you get back 3k. You still spent 7k, it's gone. Helping others, like LeBron and almost every pro athlete does.
I’ve been married 5 years. I don’t do my own taxes, I have a cpa do it. I work for my dads roofing and tiling company, I always had to pay around 9k in taxes every year as extra taxes I owe. I married my wife, we file jointly, she is a psychologist and donates many hours to Minneapolis methadone clinics. She can bill these as taxable donations, we went to said cpa and after crunching some numbers we can receive roughly 10k back from taxable donations. I’m not pretending to be a tax genius, this is literally what we do every year. So, fuck off, it’s a fact.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve been married 5 years. I don’t do my own taxes, I have a cpa do it. I work for my dads roofing and tiling company, I always had to pay around 9k in taxes every year as extra taxes I owe. I married my wife, we file jointly, she is a psychologist and donates many hours to Minneapolis methadone clinics. She can bill these as taxable donations, we went to said cpa and after crunching some numbers we can receive roughly 10k back from taxable donations. I’m not pretending to be a tax genius, this is literally what we do every year. So, fuck off, it’s a fact.

Don't worry no one here thinks you are a tax genius.

Maybe your CPA should explain it to you then, but don't tell him to fuck off, that's just rude.

You obviously don't understand how taxes work so find another reason to hate LeBron. There's plenty to choose from, but his charitable activities aren't even close to one

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok then. Why people do this to themselves I will never understand
Ok my wife is laughing at me, I guess I’m flat out wrong here........it’s way more complicated than I thought. I’m owning up to it right now. I’m embarrassed as hell but i guess I’m wrong. Fuck you anyways.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok my wife is laughing at me, I guess I’m flat out wrong here........it’s way more complicated than I thought. I’m owning up to it right now. I’m embarrassed as hell but i guess I’m wrong. Fuck you anyways.
Much better. Fuck you too and Merry Christmas to you and your wife. She seems like a keeper.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay so what do you want the NFL to do create a floating cap that allows teams to offer totally guaranteed over the top contracts? or do you want them to cut the number of years and the yearly salaries(which the players won't agree to) so they can stay under the cap.

Not necessarily a floating cap, but I think NFL players should have more guaranteed money in their deals.

Outside of a few (mostly quarterbacks) NFL players are never going to make what NBA players do, because there are simply too many of them.

But the NFL makes enough money that they could certainly have more guaranteed contracts. Or at least more guaranteed years in a contract.

It's hard for them to get that though, because the rank and file NFL players (the vast majority of them) don't make enough to be able to make it through a lengthy strike or lockout.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

LOL.

It's all good.

Props for owning up!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care that he writes it off. I do care that he’s spun a narrative he funded it himself when he’s contributed a sliver of funds.

You clearly have no idea how that works.

The school was his idea, he did the leg work and got everything set up. From what I understand, he put in some money, other investors did and there is tax money involved in the school as well (as there is with every public school and charter school that is part of a public school system).

He's the face of the school because he is by far the most famous person involved and it was his idea.

It's not entirely different from Magic Johnson and the Dodgers. Magic was part of a group of investors, he put in by far, the least amount of money and owns the smallest percentage of the group.

But he was the face of the franchise when the Dodgers were purchased because he is the most famous person in the group.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You clearly have no idea how that works.

The school was his idea, he did the leg work and got everything set up. From what I understand, he put in some money, other investors did and there is tax money involved in the school as well (as there is with every public school and charter school that is part of a public school system).

He's the face of the school because he is by far the most famous person involved and it was his idea.

It's not entirely different from Magic Johnson and the Dodgers. Magic was part of a group of investors, he put in by far, the least amount of money and owns the smallest percentage of the group.

But he was the face of the franchise when the Dodgers were purchased because he is the most famous person in the group.
And the bottom line is LeBron does a shit ton of charity stuff like almost every big time athlete

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not necessarily a floating cap, but I think NFL players should have more guaranteed money in their deals.

Outside of a few (mostly quarterbacks) NFL players are never going to make what NBA players do, because there are simply too many of them.

But the NFL makes enough money that they could certainly have more guaranteed contracts. Or at least more guaranteed years in a contract.

It's hard for them to get that though, because the rank and file NFL players (the vast majority of them) don't make enough to be able to make it through a lengthy strike or lockout.

Again. That’s all fine.

That’s not the. Stratford being spun.

That can’t be argued. It’s a good things there’s still a small amount of decent journalists to expose such fraud by LeBrons camp

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
95% of America makes less than $50K a year?

WOw. So me and my teacher salary are top 5%?

Learn something new every day!
That cannot be true.