• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

wonder What A Slave Might Think About This Asinine Statement

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the rest of the Middle Class( the 95% I referenced) makes less than 50K a year which works out to less than a $1M over 20 years. you are so fixated on yourself and the poor "slave" NFL'ers that you ignore those who don't come close to you and them. you are the wrong one not me
No you misunderstand math. If the top 5% make well over 50 then the next 5% make over 50 too. 50k per year is about the 60th percentile for income in the US.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron does some good things, he was wrong in this instance time to move on. I suspect the biggest thing that happened here was an attempt to build up a bad show.
Apparently it's a pretty good show but yes this is a lot about publicity for it

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No you misunderstand math. If the top 5% make well over 50 then the next 5% make over 50 too. 50k per year is about the 60th percentile for income in the US.
that still works out to $1M for 20 years while your privileged average NFL'ers make approximately that in a year plus they get a free college education that the rest of us have to pay for. even the average player who only plays those 3 or 4 years makes twice that in those few years. if instead of a degree in PE they had spent those 4 years studying something worth while they could have just added on to those millions when their career ended. stop making excuses for their failures

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn’t make him doing so a good person. It makes his pr department a good pr department. If he actually cared he would spend some of his own money to these things he is so devoted to. Before I hear even one more thing about inequity, I want to see him refuse one single penny he makes off of the Nike shoe contract that pays him millions by forcing slave labor on children in South America.

Really? That's how you think it works huh?

I'm sure those people that have been helped by the money he donates and other stuff he does are all upset because he was able to write it off on his taxes.

Additionally, the money he donates, is his money. It's his money to do with as he pleases. He chooses to donate it and receive the tax write off.

Would he continue to donate money if he couldn't write it off? I don't know and neither do you.

What I do know is that of all of the things that there are to criticize him for, you have chosen the stupidest one.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that still works out to $1M for 20 years while your privileged average NFL'ers make approximately that in a year plus they get a free college education that the rest of us have to pay for. even the average player who only plays those 3 or 4 years makes twice that in those few years. if instead of a degree in PE they had spent those 4 years studying something worth while they could have just added on to those millions when their career ended. stop making excuses for their failures
Totally missing my point. By the way I don't buy the slavery tag. But don't make out most NFLers to be entitled rich fatcats unless you want to keep sounding stupid.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a pro football player makes more in a year than 90% of us make in 20 years so in the paraphased words of Eva Peron " Don't cry for them America"

And? Who's crying for them?

Of all of the professional sports leagues, the NFL has the weakest union. That's a simple fact. They have the fewest number of guaranteed contracts and considering that they tend to have the shortest careers (and therefore, the shortest amount of time to make their money) and their bodies tend to be the most damaged when they are done, they need guaranteed contracts the most.

I get that it's their choice to play the sport. They choose to play knowing all of the above. So no one is "crying" for them.

Just simply pointing out a fact re: the difference between NFL contracts and virtually every other professional sport.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of all of the professional sports leagues, the NFL has the weakest union. That's a simple fact. They have the fewest number of guaranteed contracts and considering that they tend to have the shortest careers (and therefore, the shortest amount of time to make their money) and their bodies tend to be the most damaged when they are done, they need guaranteed contracts the most.

I get that it's their choice to play the sport. They choose to play knowing all of the above. So no one is "crying" for them.

Just simply pointing out a fact re: the difference between NFL contracts and virtually every other professional sport.
Baffles me how much obvious stuff people debate on this forum. Some things are just so obviously true

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not @msgkings322,

But it was a pretty obtuse and narrow minded comment.

You are so focused on his Nike contract and the comments he has made that offend you that you wrote off all the wonderful things he has done for his local communities. LeBron won the damn NBA citizenship award just last year and has since opened a school and created scholarships for thousands of disadvantaged kids.

If memory serves, that school also has resources to help their parents as well so that the entire family can hopefully improve their situation while their kid is still in school.

That's pretty awesome no matter how much he gets to write off on his taxes.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

okay so what do you want the NFL to do create a floating cap that allows teams to offer totally guaranteed over the top contracts? or do you want them to cut the number of years and the yearly salaries(which the players won't agree to) so they can stay under the cap.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If memory serves, that school also has resources to help their parents as well so that the entire family can hopefully improve their situation while their kid is still in school.

That's pretty awesome no matter how much he gets to write off on his taxes.

I don’t care that he writes it off. I do care that he’s spun a narrative he funded it himself when he’s contributed a sliver of funds.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
okay so what do you want the NFL to do create a floating cap that allows teams to offer totally guaranteed over the top contracts? or do you want them to cut the number of years and the yearly salaries(which the players won't agree to) so they can stay under the cap.

NBA style cap works for me. Then you don’t punish teams for drafting too well.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t care that he writes it off. I do care that he’s spun a narrative he funded it himself when he’s contributed a sliver of funds.
"Sliver" LOL

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do explain. Every cent he spent was tax deductible. How hard is this for lebron dickriders to accept?
You wanna get rid of the charitable deduction now?

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Different topic. At least you've stopped calling the average NFL player some rich set for life athlete

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where have you posted a fact?

The tax payers are paying a lot more than James is. Most of it isn’t even from James himself. James, his foundation (which isn’t him) and other investors put up like 2m and Akron is paying 8m.

Again he’s not even the whole 2m himself. It’s a completely false narrative by James

PickleRick

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No
You wanna get rid of the charitable deduction now?
No, that’s stupid, and I never once said that. All I said was that idol worshiping guys like lebron who do not spend a penny of their own money is disingenuous to people like dikembe mutumbo who are actual humanitarians. Until you morons explain to me how you can justify a guy signing and making millions from actual slave labor in South America crying about the nfl being slave labor then stfu. If you can’t explain this to me then you are suffering from hero worship and simply riding his dick.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No

No, that’s stupid, and I never once said that. All I said was that idol worshiping guys like lebron who do not spend a penny of their own money is disingenuous to people like dikembe mutumbo who are actual humanitarians. Until you morons explain to me how you can justify a guy signing and making millions from actual slave labor in South America crying about the nfl being slave labor then stfu. If you can’t explain this to me then you are suffering from hero worship and simply riding his dick.
But LeBron spends way more than a penny of his own money. You're a clown.