• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wolves open to trading #1 overall pick

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some logical moves the Wolves can push with this pick? A lot of people have said how nice it would be if they can some how trade this pick to the Suns for Devin Booker. Booker, Russell, and KAT all came out of the same draft and are friends when Russell was with GS there was a rumor where they talked about them all leaving their team and going to the East. Cap space would make having all 3 of them almost impossible.

Timberwolves open to trading No. 1 pick, expected to base decision purely on value, per report

Suns aren't trading Booker. Not after their bubble run where it looks like their pieces are gelling and they finally have a team to build around. Had they been awful, they "might" have considered it, but not now.

It is smart of the Wolves to explore trades though. I don't like this draft at all. They could potentially get something better.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns aren't trading Booker. Not after their bubble run where it looks like their pieces are gelling and they finally have a team to build around. Had they been awful, they "might" have considered it, but not now.

It is smart of the Wolves to explore trades though. I don't like this draft at all. They could potentially get something better.

With the value so low, it's tough to part with the pick though. There HAS to be a few players worthy of an early pick in this draft, just need to get your scouting right. Truncated college season certainly didn't help...

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Twolves or Warriors trade tbh.

Suns don't wanna trade Booker. Wiz don't want to trade Beal, same for Sixers with Simmons and Embiid. I'm not sure who else the Warriors would target for a trade.

Twolves will most likely take Edwards. W's will take Wiseman, I'm guessing.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Suns don't wanna trade Booker. Wiz don't want to trade Beal, same for Sixers with Simmons and Embiid. I'm not sure who else the Warriors would target for a trade.

I think they have to take Ball st 2 and figure it out.

this is a terrible draft, fit wise, for these teams at 1-2.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Warriors take Ball? I don't know why they would take Ball.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Warriors take Ball? I don't know why they would take Ball.

clearly bpa.

His size gives them flexibility to play him with curry and/or klay.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really BPA

who would you have? Analytically he’s the most likely to contribute.

he held his own against pros.

if he played in college he’d be the clear 1-1 imo

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No man.

Ball is a horrible fit.

And he really isn’t a better prospect than Wiseman.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No man.

Ball is a horrible fit.

I disagree for a few reasons. Not so much that he's not the perfect fit, but hear me out:

1) Yes it's not ideal. Part of the reason he's the best fit is that if you're going to trade him, it might need to wait until the TD or until someone like Beal actually demands a trade. So you need the guy with the broadest appeal. Ball will have more suitors than Wiseman.

2) I think Wiseman is overrated. His numbers in that major HS prospect league were pretty mediocre for a top prospect (whereas Cole Anthony did the opposite). It's a concern. Plus Wiseman isn't a GS type of C anyway. I don't see him out doing switches or anything. The best fits for them are guys like Vessel, Nesmith etc. None of the guys worth #2 are good fits.

3) Ball more than held his own against real professionals. That's why he's analytically the #1 guy in the draft. He has some serious work to do, but there's a lot of talent there. I really do think he'd probably be the clear 1-1 if he went to college this year. He's playing against teams that have former NBA guys and guys who were really good D1 players. It's better than the teams he'd face in college. he was a kid playing against grown men.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are still on rookie max deals, so actually very feasible to have all 3 on the same roster.

Phoenix would need significantly more than #1 overall for Booker though. Especially after what he and the team accomplished in the bubble.
Phoenix has some good players that were much better than what the Lakers traded to NO,. I dont see why they would want to do that,. But you never know

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree for a few reasons. Not so much that he's not the perfect fit, but hear me out:

1) Yes it's not ideal. Part of the reason he's the best fit is that if you're going to trade him, it might need to wait until the TD or until someone like Beal actually demands a trade. So you need the guy with the broadest appeal. Ball will have more suitors than Wiseman.

2) I think Wiseman is overrated. His numbers in that major HS prospect league were pretty mediocre for a top prospect (whereas Cole Anthony did the opposite). It's a concern. Plus Wiseman isn't a GS type of C anyway. I don't see him out doing switches or anything. The best fits for them are guys like Vessel, Nesmith etc. None of the guys worth #2 are good fits.

3) Ball more than held his own against real professionals. That's why he's analytically the #1 guy in the draft. He has some serious work to do, but there's a lot of talent there. I really do think he'd probably be the clear 1-1 if he went to college this year. He's playing against teams that have former NBA guys and guys who were really good D1 players. It's better than the teams he'd face in college. he was a kid playing against grown men.
I dont dont thats saying much...lol

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wiseman May be overrated. Wouldn’t mind seeing the Warriors take Toppin there if they don’t love Wiseman.

But they can’t take Ball to trade him later. Ball is a ball dominant scoring wing who doesn’t shoot it that great. They need a 3 and D wing or a big.

the problem is salary. They don’t have an expendable salary to add to the pot in order to bring back a star.

The Warriors need to use these picks to improve their depth. Draymond and Wiggins are core players and pretty solid 3rd/4th options for specific roles.

They don’t need a Bradley Beal, they need quality rotation players.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wiseman May be overrated. Wouldn’t mind seeing the Warriors take Toppin there if they don’t love Wiseman.

But they can’t take Ball to trade him later. Ball is a ball dominant scoring wing who doesn’t shoot it that great. They need a 3 and D wing or a big.

the problem is salary. They don’t have an expendable salary to add to the pot in order to bring back a star.

The Warriors need to use these picks to improve their depth. Draymond and Wiggins are core players and pretty solid 3rd/4th options for specific roles.

They don’t need a Bradley Beal, they need quality rotation players.

That's a problem and they should trade down then. Because I don't necessarily disagree with you. None of the guys who even could be available (Beal, Dipo etc.) really fit what they need.

The other one that could work, but if one HELL of a risk, would be 2/Wiggins (who I think is trash) to Detroit for their pick and Blake. And then they're in a range to take a Vessel. Who is exactly what they need. And based on some analytics projects to be better than Wiggins year 1.

Using their trade exception to get a Will Barton type would also be ideal.

Then use the MLE and Bi Annual to add some depth/ring chasers and you're off to the races.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a problem and they should trade down then. Because I don't necessarily disagree with you. None of the guys who even could be available (Beal, Dipo etc.) really fit what they need.

The other one that could work, but if one HELL of a risk, would be 2/Wiggins (who I think is trash) to Detroit for their pick and Blake. And then they're in a range to take a Vessel. Who is exactly what they need. And based on some analytics projects to be better than Wiggins year 1.

Using their trade exception to get a Will Barton type would also be ideal.

Then use the MLE and Bi Annual to add some depth/ring chasers and you're off to the races.

That would be a tremendous haul to give up for a bad contract.

Wiggins I think is finally in a spot where he can get some vet leadership and play the role he was meant to play. He is no savior, but I think his defense will improve because it will be a focal point for him. His offensive role will clearly be a secondary one.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be a tremendous haul to give up for a bad contract.

Wiggins I think is finally in a spot where he can get some vet leadership and play the role he was meant to play. He is no savior, but I think his defense will improve because it will be a focal point for him. His offensive role will clearly be a secondary one.

I think they need to trade down them for extra picks.

Blake has huge potential for them if he’s healthy. Far more than Wiggins. And if they’re not taking ball they might as well take the trade down to take the role player.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they need to trade down them for extra picks.

Blake has huge potential for them if he’s healthy. Far more than Wiggins. And if they’re not taking ball they might as well take the trade down to take the role player.

Horrendous fit.

What can Blake do for them?

They need a big who can defend.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because this draft is so weak and has no clear #1 pick, I think it's hard for a team to know whether or not to trade it or trade for it.

It's still valuable, but not as valuable as it would be if there were a clear #1 choice.

So, to get close to what they would if there were a clear #1, they have to give up more.

If you're the team receiving the #1 pick and you took the wrong guy your fans aren't going to be happy.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd put everything I have into retaining my core if I'm the Suns

I don't know what the Sixers do. After this last disaster I'm fully off the Embiid bandwagon.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No man.

Ball is a horrible fit.

I think Wiseman easily has the highest ceiling in the draft